Author Topic: Posting charts  (Read 1835 times)

Offline JMUalumni

Posting charts
« Topic Start: June 22, 2008, 12:13:41 PM »
If I were to make a chart in excel, what would be the best way to go about posting it in a thread.  I was trying to do it yesterday, but I seemed to run into a bit of a snag and could not figure it out.  Thanks for any help! :worship:

Offline Obed_Marsh

Re: Posting charts
« Reply #1: June 22, 2008, 12:21:40 PM »
Ptint Scr will save an image of your desktop. Alt + Print Scr (or Fn + Alt + Print Scr on most laptops) will save an image of the active program. Paste it into any image editing program. MS Paint..or any other. From there edit, save, and post.

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #2: June 22, 2008, 12:22:07 PM »
Ptint Scr will save an image of your desktop. Alt + Print Scr (or Fn + Alt + Print Scr on most laptops) will save an image of the active program. Paste it into any image editing program. MS Paint..Irfanview.or any other. From there edit with MS paint.

awesome, cant believe I didnt think so that.  Thanks

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #3: June 22, 2008, 12:24:56 PM »
You might also be able to Right click on the chart. Choose SAVE AS PICTURE, and choose JPEG as the format. At least I can with Excel 2003.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #4: June 25, 2008, 10:36:51 AM »
Ptint Scr will save an image of your desktop. Alt + Print Scr (or Fn + Alt + Print Scr on most laptops) will save an image of the active program. Paste it into any image editing program. MS Paint..or any other. From there edit, save, and post.

A better solution is to highlight the spreadsheet area ONLY that you want to copy, and Ctrl "C" (copy) to Paint.  No need to copy all the extraneous toolbars, etc. You will want to save the Paint file to a format that is allowed here, don't use the bitmap format, it sucks.  See my chart in the draft tracking thread for an example.