Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals @ Braves, Game 1 (Curly W)  (Read 22232 times)

Offline expos96

Quote from: "spidernat"
Quote from: "Nat of the LivingDead"
Can we start bashing Saul Rivera again?  Please?

let's give him a chance to get out of this inning before we rip him...

Saul escapes...

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Wow, I almost had a heart attack.  Why the hell wasnt Chad in the game?

Offline PC

Winning this game changes nothing!

Frank's decision-making abilities are appalling!!!

Offline hammondsnats

good to FINALLY get a win!  yet, it's very bittersweet, that Alex Escobar went down like that.  This was a good chance to see what he could do and if he could fit in our future plans.   :cry:   Ouch.

Quote from: "expos96"
Quote from: "spidernat"
Can we start bashing Saul Rivera again?  Please?

let's give him a chance to get out of this inning before we rip him...

Saul escapes...

Barely.  He should be hung out on a line and have the dust beaten off him with a paddle.  It never should of gotten that close.

But I will take the win.

Offline expos96

This means that Wagner gets the win, he deserves it anyway.
Great innings!

Offline sportsfan882

Unbelievable.. Definitley a Chief-like save.  Please, Frank, no more Saul in the 9th.  Hopefully chief will be ready tomorrow

Offline expos96

Quote from: "PC"
Winning this game changes nothing!

Frank's decision-making abilities are appalling!!!

Chief didn't look fine, perhaps he's ill or something..

Offline nats2playoffs

Give Saul a break...how many times have we seen Chad I do exactly the same thing.  
I can't stop laughing!!!  Where's that Bang Zoom???
Do you realize we are going to soon pass the Braves and leave them in LAST PLACE????

Quote from: "hammondsnats"
good to FINALLY get a win!  yet, it's very bittersweet, that Alex Escobar went down like that.  This was a good chance to see what he could do and if he could fit in our future plans.   :cry:   Ouch.

I don't expect to see him spend a lot more time in a Nats uniform, definitely not an everyday player.  He is finer than bone china.  Church runs into a wall and he is called soft.  This guy runs down the first base line and we preach his potential.

I like him but he is as dependable as the transmission of a Volkswagon Jetta.

Offline expos96

We usually bash on cars like Toyota or Hyundai for those kind of things  :lol:

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
I don't expect to see him spend a lot more time in a Nats uniform, definitely not an everyday player.  He is finer than bone china.  Church runs into a wall and he is called soft.  This guy runs down the first base line and we preach his potential.

This is Escobar's last chance at the majors...he was a hailed Tribe prospect before and lost his chance there for this very same thing.  Stick a fork in him - he'll be the next Rick Short if he continues to play baseball -career minor leaguer.  It IS sad.

Quote from: "expos96"

We usually bash on cars like Toyota or Hyundai for those kind of things  :lol:

For me it's Jettas.  I've had them, my friends have had them, everyone of them has met their end at the end of horrid transmissions.

Quote from: "Senators2005"

This is Escobar's last chance at the majors...he was a hailed Tribe prospect before and lost his chance there for this very same thing.  Stick a fork in him - he'll be the next Rick Short if he continues to play baseball.  It IS sad.

Oh I agree.  It is sad.  But right now this team doesn't need any more "last chancers".

Offline nats2playoffs

BANG!

.....................................................ZOOM!

NATIONALS

......................................................WIN!!!

Offline KyleScha

So true...my brother had a Jetta a few years ago and the transmission just shattered and pieces of gears were all over the road.

I'm sad for Escobar though. This was more of a "freak" accident, but he just cant catch a break. What happened would have injured anybody, although not to say everyone would have dove like that.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
that was already done Nats2Playoffs...but thanks for another Bang Zoom anyways.  :)

Offline hammondsnats

I would keep him around as a backup.  He's very clutch and a great hitter.  GGGGGGGGggREAT HITTER.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim

I would keep him around as a backup.  He's very clutch and a great hitter.  GGGGGGGGggREAT HITTER.

When hes in the majors playing everyday not hurt, hes great.  So the obvious answer would be to play him when he's not hurt......

Offline nats2playoffs

Quote from: "Senators2005"
that was already done Nats2Playoffs...but thanks for another Bang Zoom anyways.  :)

I looked for it and missed it somehow.  It's been so long...

But it's nice to see the spoiled Atlanta fans heading for the cellar.  I think they are going to be there for years, with the change in ownership.

Offline sportsfan882

Come on guys.. Escobar is only hitting .356.  I know he gets hurt alot, but imagine if he could stay healthy for a season..  Hopefully he'll be ready next April.

Quote from: "sportsfan882"
Come on guys.. Escobar is only hitting .356.  I know he gets hurt alot, but imagine if he could stay healthy for a season..  Hopefully he'll be ready next April.

Imagine if the Nats get average starting pitching....
Imagine if we can conjure up a solid bullpen.....
Imagine if Schneider finds his bat....
Imagine if Soriano signs for cheap......
Imagine.....

The Brothers Grimm couldn't come up with better fairy tales...... :lol: