Author Topic: Vick gets 23 Months in Fed Case  (Read 3184 times)

Re: Vick gets 23 Months in Fed Case
« Reply #25: December 13, 2007, 09:16:58 AM »
I agree. No such thing as bad publicity. Someone will take a shot.

I would dread to be the PR agent that has to explain why a convicted animal abuser who served time is hoisting the Super Bowl trophy in the air..... if he ever got the chance.  Which he won't.

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
« Reply #26: December 13, 2007, 10:35:35 AM »
LOL, a lot worst thing than a animal abuser in this world. it wouldn't be bad pr really. i don't think football fans would really care. its tha animal right group that care.

trust me if Vick came back and won a superbowl for a franchise, tha fans of that franchise wouldn't care about his history.

Winning makes you forget a lot.

« Reply #27: December 13, 2007, 10:39:05 AM »
LOL, a lot worst thing than a animal abuser in this world. it wouldn't be bad pr really. i don't think football fans would really care. its tha animal right group that care.

trust me if Vick came back and won a superbowl for a franchise, tha fans of that franchise wouldn't care about his history.

Winning makes you forget a lot.

Yeah, sure.  Barry Bonds being the "Home Run King" has really made people "forget" his little sins.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #28: December 13, 2007, 10:43:44 AM »

It's crazy to say that animal rights groups are the ones that care or that football fans wouldn't really care. That's already been proven wrong. I'm a football fan but I am also an animal lover, as are the majority of football fans. They are not mutually exclusive.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #29: December 13, 2007, 10:50:20 AM »
It's crazy to say that animal rights groups are the ones that care or that football fans wouldn't really care. That's already been proven wrong. I'm a football fan but I am also an animal lover, as are the majority of football fans. They are not mutually exclusive.

I think he means that there are a lot that care more for football than for animals, which I think may be true, unfortunately.

Yeah, sure.  Barry Bonds being the "Home Run King" has really made people "forget" his little sins.

Most San Fran fans didn't care too much, though. I think Vick would only get his boos on the road.

Another good example of something being HUGE, then being swept under the rug by fans was that NBA ref (see, cant even remember his name now :)) that got caught gambling on games he was working. Everyone was saying it would impact this season. It hasn't AT ALL except for the fact that that one ref isn't working for the NBA anymore.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #30: December 13, 2007, 10:56:10 AM »
I think he means that there are a lot that care more for football than for animals, which I think may be true, unfortunately.

Even that is disputable. As far as getting only boos on the road, that remains to be seen. I know I would boo the crap out of him if he were to be signed by Washington. And I know there will be tons of others that will do likewise.

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
« Reply #31: December 13, 2007, 10:57:27 AM »
Winngin/producing makes tha public forget tha bad. Look at Dmitri Young. Definitely wasn't no boy scout, but yall luv him now.

Same thing with T.O and tha cowboys. This man disrespected tha Texas star, but now we luv him in Dallas.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #32: December 13, 2007, 10:59:43 AM »
I never had a problem to begin with. And personally I'm not all that crazy over him. You have most of us confused with AZ and his many man crushes.

The TO thing says more about the Cowboys fanbase than it does anything else.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #33: December 13, 2007, 11:01:04 AM »

Even that is disputable. As far as getting only boos on the road, that remains to be seen. I know I would boo the **** out of him if he were to be signed by Washington. And I know there will be tons of others that will do likewise.

I'd hope you were right. I don't even like people to shoot Bambis

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #34: December 14, 2007, 02:02:05 PM »
Letters asking for leniency. Not sure if you all had seen these: http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/12/14/vick.letters/index.html

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #35: December 14, 2007, 08:53:30 PM »

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #36: December 14, 2007, 09:00:08 PM »
Why would you even say that?

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #37: December 14, 2007, 09:14:33 PM »
Wait AZ...what the hell?

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #38: December 14, 2007, 09:19:57 PM »
Why would you even say that?

b/c i'm supporting mv7 just like his teammates did.

don't get it misconstrued, i do NOT condone his actions but i do whole heartedly and fully support him.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #39: December 14, 2007, 09:21:30 PM »
b/c i'm supporting mv7 just like his teammates did.

Wait...so you don't condone his actions, yet you think he shouldn't be going to jail?

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #40: December 14, 2007, 09:22:32 PM »
Wait...so you don't condone his actions, yet you think he shouldn't be going to jail?

He's only 12. He'll learn someday.

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #41: December 14, 2007, 09:35:53 PM »

certainly not for an outlandish two years!

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #42: December 14, 2007, 09:38:17 PM »

do you have a dog? ;)

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #43: December 14, 2007, 09:38:27 PM »

Long sentence, yes.  Outlandish, no.  His dogfighting buddies both got around 18 months, and they didn't even pay for anything.  The maximum was five years, so Vick should really be thanking his lucky stars.  Now Air Zim, I do wish the best for Vick after he is freed, and I do hope he can resurrect his career.  Maybe as a QB, maybe as a RB, who knows.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #44: December 14, 2007, 09:38:44 PM »
do you have a dog? ;)

QFT, even though I'm not a dog person

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #45: December 14, 2007, 09:59:27 PM »
do you have a dog? ;)

yep. a 12 yr old chocolate lab that i love to death.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #46: December 14, 2007, 10:01:52 PM »

Now, picture your chocolate lab brutally fighting to the death with another vicious dog, the fight going on for a long time, sometimes hours and hours.  And, even if he won, he would probably still be slaughtered.

Still think Michael Vick should be free to keep funding and participating in this?

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #47: December 14, 2007, 10:02:54 PM »

Would you be OK w/ someone holding up signs and screaming "SET RONNYNAT FREE" if I electroshocked your dog to death?

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #48: December 14, 2007, 10:17:48 PM »
Would you be OK w/ someone holding up signs and screaming "SET RONNYNAT FREE" if I electroshocked your dog to death?

how did i know that  :icon_question: was coming?  :rofl:

you are taking my free mike vick bold statement too seriously. i simply mean it as a form of support for the most electrifying and exciting player to ever grace the gridiron. 

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #49: December 14, 2007, 10:20:13 PM »
how did i know that  :icon_question: was coming?  :rofl:

you are taking my free mike vick bold statement too seriously. i simply mean it as a form of support for the most electrifying and exciting player to ever grace the gridiron. 

He was a terrible QB... Sure he can run but he can't pass for crap.  He'd be much better served as a Kick Returner or Slot Receiver.