Author Topic: September call-ups: Lannan, Leon, Eury, DeRosa, more to come  (Read 1986 times)

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
LOL, if Maya and Wang both get called up, we might be able to hear MDS's head explode

Offline PC

FYI, it's Shairon Martis vs. Maya in the final Syracuse game (vs. Rochester)

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
I love Perez. Love him stealing 3rd today.

I will not be shocked if he slips in as the 25th man in the playoffs.

He had a red light at the time.

Offline Sharp

He had a red light at the time.
As he should have... I was at the game and completely bewildered about why he would steal third there.  Good to see Davey didn't call for it.

Offline hammondsnats

Do we have anyone we could call up to play shortstop or second base?

I say this because Desmond  still doesn't seem right to me and he made needs some days off.

yeah desmond - the guy who is batting .382 over his last 10 games (and .300 over his last 30 days).  let's sit him.

GOOD IDEA!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
yeah desmond - the guy who is batting .382 over his last 10 games (and .300 over his last 30 days).  let's sit him.

GOOD IDEA!

His legs aren't right yet.  Hammy is barking at him I bet.  He is clearly not giving 100% on the base paths, and totally agree with his judgement in that we're better off with 90% of Desmond than 0%.

Offline Obed_Marsh

Desmond is likely giving 100%, trick is he is only running at about 55% of his healthy ability or so.

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
His legs aren't right yet.  Hammy is barking at him I bet.  He is clearly not giving 100% on the base paths, and totally agree with his judgement in that we're better off with 90% of Desmond than 0%.

I've noticed this as well.  He's a better option than Lombo, but you can tell he's either hurting right now or worried about hurting something.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Nationals PR ‏@NationalsPR
The Washington #Nationals today recalled OF Corey Brown from Triple-A Syracuse.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Poor fellow. I think he is doomed to a series of end of the year call ups, which means he'll have to dress like a smurf for the rest of his option days.

Offline Slateman

I hope he gets some starts, seeing as how Werth and Morse are both ailing. Would also leave Lombo available to relieve Desmond and get him healthy

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
Poor fellow. I think he is doomed to a series of end of the year call ups, which means he'll have to dress like a smurf for the rest of his option days.

I think he'll be on the big league club next year. 

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
So he'll be a smurf last year, do whatever the gag is this year on the last road trip, and still get the rookie hazing in 2013.  Life is unfair.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Mark Zuckerman ‏@MarkZuckerman
Davey plans to insert Lannan into #Nats rotation sometime during Sept 14-16 series at #Braves.

Offline Slateman

Well we wouldn't want to think outside of the box ...

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Well, at least he's a lefty and I think has had some success against them.  At ATL, 53.2 IP, 3.35 ERA, and typical John Lannan hig WHIP, low SLG (Just 4 HR , or almost .67 / 9IP).

Offline SkinsNatFan21RIP

I don't know where else to put this where it would get noticed but I'm trying to give tickets to tonights game away, I can't make it.  They're free, in section 141, row C.  Just don't want them to go to waste.

Offline PC

On Tuesday, the Nationals activated right-handed pitcher Chien-Ming Wang from the disabled list. He had been struggling with a hip injury that kept in the minor leagues, and it gave him a chance to improve his mechanics that suffered as a consequence of the injury. While he hasn’t performed as well as the Nationals had hoped this season, he also is an insurance policy against injuries to other starters or relievers.

Wang struggled with the Nationals, with a 7.61 ERA over four starts and three relief appearances. He made 15 starts starts rehabbing multiple injuries this season, recording a 5.51 ERA.

I'd rather have Maya up as "insurance".   :?

Offline Clever

I'd rather have Maya up as "insurance".   :?
I hope Duke is ahead of Wang on the suddenly lengthy mop-up man depth chart.

Offline Displaced Bucco

• Atlanta delenda est - Davey the Elder & WT Sherman
Mark Zuckerman ‏@MarkZuckerman
Davey plans to insert Lannan into #Nats rotation sometime during Sept 14-16 series at #Braves.

Much rather insert Lannan into the Cubs series and Straus into the Atlanta series