Author Topic: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 2  (Read 5675 times)

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Re: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 2
« Reply #75: July 18, 2010, 09:07:09 AM »
I'm pretty much done with Kennedy. He sounded like he didn't give a crap in the postgame interview and certainly didn't take any of the blame from what I heard (didn't pay too much attention, sounded like one of the adults from Peanuts to to me). No hit, no glove, no spot on the bench.

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #76: July 18, 2010, 10:32:08 AM »
I'm pretty much done with Kennedy. He sounded like he didn't give a crap in the postgame interview and certainly didn't take any of the blame from what I heard (didn't pay too much attention, sounded like one of the adults from Peanuts to to me). No hit, no glove, no spot on the bench.

Live at the game, it looked though Kennedy was waved home, pretty enthusiastically even, and even said, "Look at this!  Look at this! They're waving him in!" before Uggla made his throw.  I watched the Marlin's recast last night, and the only shot of the 3B coach was of him putting up the stop sign for the runner on 2B well after Kennedy had passed (which I didn't notice live as I was fully focused on the baserunning train wreck), and there was no sign of him calling Kennedy back, which pretty much confirmed what I caught live.  Kennedy isn't the one who should be apologizing.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #77: July 18, 2010, 10:36:26 AM »
Live at the game, it looked though Kennedy was waved home, pretty enthusiastically even, and even said, "Look at this!  Look at this! They're waving him in!" before Uggla made his throw.  I watched the Marlin's recast last night, and the only shot of the 3B coach was of him putting up the stop sign for the runner on 2B well after Kennedy had passed (which I didn't notice live as I was fully focused on the baserunning train wreck), and there was no sign of him calling Kennedy back, which pretty much confirmed what I caught live.  Kennedy isn't the one who should be apologizing.

Yes, he was sent home, and given the situation, seems like he should have been. Also, while Ray Knight made a big point about the bloop hit just out of his reach, that's 20/20 hindsight. You can't control where some bloop flair single is going to drop in. Regardless, positioning of players is done from the bench.

Offline Potomac Cannons

« Reply #78: July 18, 2010, 10:56:23 AM »
Yes, he was sent home, and given the situation, seems like he should have been. Also, while Ray Knight made a big point about the bloop hit just out of his reach, that's 20/20 hindsight. You can't control where some bloop flair single is going to drop in. Regardless, positioning of players is done from the bench.

And then there's the play where he may as well have dropkicked Desmond.  Bad decisions/luck/execution led to a bad night for him.  I'm still not sure why they don't go ahead and give AlGo a couple of weeks as the primary 2B.

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #79: July 18, 2010, 10:58:21 AM »
yeah Livo was awesome tonight.  Much better tonight against a much better line-up than he faced last time out (Giants last Sunday).

I'm not taking anything against Livan, who mixed things up, pitched an excellent game, and only had one or two halfway decent swings against him.  

But, that's not saying much for the Giants.  Coming in, during the previous 10 games, the Fish scored 30 runs.  Putting up a 2-spot last night, in their previous 10 going into today's game has jumped to 31.  Johnson has to keep his ERA down as the Fish have scored 21 runs in his last 9 starts.  In his streak of 14 games giving up 2 or fewer runs since the Nats scored 3 on May 8, he's suffered two losses due to poor run support, including Halliday's perfect game, and the pen has blown four saves to give him no decisions.  During his stretch of 14 games allowing 2 or fewer runs while going at least 6 IP, including 6 games when he allowed none, the Marlins are 9-5, with a vulture win one after one of the blown saves.  About every other week, the Fish wait until about the 6th or later inning to get their first hit, and, of course, never even reached base against Halliday.

Bonifacio leading off and playing LF today.  Rookie making his 2nd MLB appearance on the mound, the first wasn't good, about 3 IP before getting hooked.  Nats score at least 8 today.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #80: July 18, 2010, 11:25:29 AM »

I was mad at the bloop hit. He seems to give smarmy interviews after questionable performances.

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #81: July 18, 2010, 11:31:42 AM »
Correction on Sanabia starting for the Fish, will be his 2nd MLB start, also had 3 relief appearances.

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #82: July 18, 2010, 11:42:49 AM »
I was mad at the bloop hit. He seems to give smarmy interviews after questionable performances.

I'm sorry, I thought it was the baserunning.  He got a lot of flack for that by Nats fans at the game.  If you mean the bloop when Desmond dropped the ball and was rightfully charged the error, it didn't appear that there was any contact, and I didn't hear anybody call it (usually really easy to hear at a Marlins game when there aren't cow bells or vuvuzelas).  If there had been contact, it would have been charged to Kennedy.  The scorer, even on replays, must not have seen any either as it was immediately put up as an E6F and remains that way.  That looked to me to be a simple lack of concentration and a drop by Desmond.

I can't comment on the swarminess since I've never heard him interviewed. 

Offline blue911

« Reply #83: July 18, 2010, 11:48:04 AM »

Kennedy probably would have been a little less swarmy if the reporters didn't ask " Did you see the Stop sign?" and a host of other stupid questions.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #84: July 18, 2010, 12:01:46 PM »
Yeah, seemed like a Bruney situation to me. Reporter asking stupid questions.

Kennedy has been terrible for the Nats, though.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #85: July 18, 2010, 12:05:36 PM »
I'm sorry, I thought it was the baserunning.  He got a lot of flack for that by Nats fans at the game.  If you mean the bloop when Desmond dropped the ball and was rightfully charged the error, it didn't appear that there was any contact, and I didn't hear anybody call it (usually really easy to hear at a Marlins game when there aren't cow bells or vuvuzelas).  If there had been contact, it would have been charged to Kennedy.  The scorer, even on replays, must not have seen any either as it was immediately put up as an E6F and remains that way.  That looked to me to be a simple lack of concentration and a drop by Desmond.

there was definitely contact.  on both broadcasts, the announcing teams said desmond would be charged with an error but it was kennedy's fault.  that ball was the shortstop's, yet kennedy went full steam at it and made contact.

it wasn't the end of the world as livan did a great job of damage control.  it's the 11 hits and 0 runs that burned us.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #86: July 18, 2010, 12:06:31 PM »
there was definitely contact.  on both broadcasts, the announcing teams said desmond would be charged with an error but it was kennedy's fault.  that ball was the shortstop's, yet kennedy went full steam at it and made contact.

it wasn't the end of the world as livan did a great job of damage control.  it's the 11 hits and 0 runs that burned us.

Come on man, there wasn't contact.

Watch a replay... or do I have to bust out the screen shots to make you see it?

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #87: July 18, 2010, 12:08:47 PM »
Kennedy probably would have been a little less swarmy if the reporters didn't ask " Did you see the Stop sign?" and a host of other stupid questions.

I didn't like his quote about Dunn the other day either. I think he's trying to stay employed, so I understand his motivation.

anyway, most guys would say "I should have had it" even if there was no possible way.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #88: July 18, 2010, 12:13:01 PM »
Come on man, there wasn't contact.

bob carpenter even said so and prophetically.  even if there wasn't kennedy shouldn't be out there that close to the play.

i don't care that it was desmond out there, it could've been guzman or gonzalez.  as a former 2B, and if the SS calls for it, it's his ball.

again it wasn't the reason we lost though.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #89: July 18, 2010, 12:15:55 PM »
I don't recall seeing any contact.  Granted I was on the way out the door at the time, and it was close, but I thought the slow motion replay pretty clearly showed Kennedy peeling off at the last second.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #90: July 18, 2010, 12:16:06 PM »
bob carpenter even said so and prophetically.  even if there wasn't kennedy shouldn't be out there that close to the play.

i don't care that it was desmond out there, it could've been guzman or gonzalez.  as a former 2B, and if the SS calls for it, it's his ball.

again it wasn't the reason we lost though.

Bob Carpenter was wrong.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #91: July 18, 2010, 12:19:21 PM »
Bob Carpenter was wrong.

i forgot you're lintyfresh, you know all. 

GTFOHWTBS

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #92: July 18, 2010, 12:20:00 PM »
i forgot you're lintyfresh, you know all. 

GTFOHWTBS

I'm sorry that I have a replay to confirm my view.

Get over it. If you don't like it, block me.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #93: July 18, 2010, 12:21:39 PM »
Guys, cool it.  We can disagree without being disagreeable.

Offline blue911

« Reply #94: July 18, 2010, 12:22:26 PM »
The only contact I saw was the ball making contact with Desmond's glove. Even if there was contact it was so minor that it shouldn't have mattered. Fat guys in beer leagues make that catch, it isn't that hard.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #95: July 18, 2010, 12:25:02 PM »

That sounds like something Zach Galifianakis would say.

Offline blue911

« Reply #96: July 18, 2010, 12:26:58 PM »

I like to be disagreeable without disagreeing.  :stir:

Offline The Chief

« Reply #97: July 18, 2010, 12:30:28 PM »
That sounds like something Zach Galifianakis would say.

I'm more of a Seth Rogan type.  Or so I've been told.

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #98: July 18, 2010, 12:33:05 PM »
I didn't like his quote about Dunn the other day either. I think he's trying to stay employed, so I understand his motivation.

The poor guy is just confused - thinks he's playing for the Mets.