Author Topic: Nationals vs Cubs, Game 4  (Read 21851 times)

Offline ronnynat

Re: Nationals vs Cubs, Game 4
« Reply #400: July 05, 2007, 11:28:09 PM »
Had to say something to get Post #400. That is all.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #401: July 05, 2007, 11:34:28 PM »
Had to say something to get Post #400. That is all.

Now that deserves a  :rofl:!

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #402: July 05, 2007, 11:38:46 PM »
I don't think that was his meaning. I think it's that it's hard to sit here, being a Nats fan, and truly believe that YOU are a Nats fan w/ all of the stuff you say regarding our players.

Personally I don't doubt sportsfan's loyalty to the Nationals one bit. He's one of the most diehard fans at this site.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #403: July 05, 2007, 11:40:27 PM »
Anyone else notice the views to posts ratio? Pretty crazy. Nobody's looking just to look today.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #404: July 05, 2007, 11:41:40 PM »
Personally I don't doubt sportsfan's loyalty to the Nationals one bit. He's one of the most diehard fans at this site.

Sarcasm meter rising? Can't tell online.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #405: July 05, 2007, 11:45:37 PM »
Sarcasm meter rising? Can't tell online.

Not at all. Sportsfan may get frustrated at the way the Nats have been going lately but he always comes back the next game. I don't doubt his dedication to this team one bit.

Man it's gotten tense in here lately. The Nats better string off some curly W's before it gets even more explosive in this space. But seriously though, one day, hopefully in the not so distant future, we'll be celebrating a championship (and hopefully most of us will be in the new stadium to see our boys swarm around the mound in celebration) and we'll look back at this and laugh because in reality this all comes down to the way they're "playing" right now.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #406: July 06, 2007, 12:03:22 AM »

In fairness to AZ, I don't think he's really critical of our ballclub.

Yea, I was so pissed at sportsfan882, I thought I was still posting to him.

My apologies to Air Zimmerman, that post I dumped on you was meant for sportsfan

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #407: July 06, 2007, 12:09:20 AM »
What damage I am doing?  My words/actions have no effect whatsoever on the game and it's results. The players determine the outcomes of games, not the fans.

Like I said, if you cant see it, then I feel really sorry for you.

You really think a player being paid millions (in some cases, hundreds of thousands) to play baseball every day really give a **** what some random fan says/thinks about him? Even if he does, oh well, he'll get over it.

I know for a fact that some things fans say can not only effect a player, but cut really deep. I'm guilty of having done it, and I know the effects can be lasting. You cut up not just one player, but everyone in the lineup, including the manager. Can I take back some of the things I've said, no, but I can move on along different path and try and make things different.

You think you know baseball, but you've never shown anything to indicate that you do. When I read your posts, I see a punky little snot nosed kid standing in the middle of a schoolyard calling kids across the street names, thinking he's impressing someone. Well, like that kid, you're not either. What you do, is make it many members of this board not want to come into the Gameday thread because it disgusts them to do so. Why? Because they are forced to wade through certain posts.

Thanks for helping keep the Gameday thread underpopulated.

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #408: July 06, 2007, 12:14:11 AM »
Yea, I was so pissed at sportsfan882, I thought I was still posting to him.

My apologies to Air Zimmerman, that post I dumped on you was meant for sportsfan

apology accepted. Let's all put this behind us, and focus on the Brew Crew!

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #409: July 06, 2007, 12:15:55 AM »
apology accepted. Let's all put this behind us, and focus on the Brew Crew!

Screw the Crew, but I'll be only too happy to focus on what's left of the brew I have next to me... ;)

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #410: July 06, 2007, 03:03:13 AM »
Fun fact: the last time Dmitri Young hit a triple, he was playing for the Cards against the Braves in the 1996 playoffs.  Carpenter was an announcer for the Cards, and Sutton was an announcer for the Braves.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #411: July 06, 2007, 01:33:49 PM »
Man, sometimes coincidences are just too weird...