Author Topic: Vent Thread  (Read 7952 times)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Re: Vent Thread
« Reply #150: October 13, 2012, 01:50:01 PM »
How was the strike zone anyways? Obviously the fans were booing out of their minds but I couldn't tell from my standpoint all too well what was a strike and what was a ball.

The game is being replayed on MLB Network at 3pm. I have my DVR set up to record to check it out for myself. I'll get around to watching it eventually but right now I need some football.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #151: October 13, 2012, 01:51:06 PM »
The game is being replayed on MLB Network at 3pm. I have my DVR set up to record to check it out for myself. I'll get around to watching it eventually but right now I need some football.

If I got MLB network I would tune in. But I don't. Thanks though, I'll just rely on fan reactions.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #152: October 13, 2012, 01:52:01 PM »
How was the strike zone anyways? Obviously the fans were booing out of their minds but I couldn't tell from my standpoint all too well what was a strike and what was a ball.

I was checking it on the game day app and the ump made only one bad call that I noticed all night. Some of the balls that people were booing the most were no where near the strike zone.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #153: October 13, 2012, 01:59:45 PM »

Watch that again? Not me, I don't even want to see the box score.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #154: October 13, 2012, 02:01:09 PM »
Just the thought of it makes me have sort of a sick feeling in my chest.
Watch that again? Not me, I don't even want to see the box score.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #155: October 13, 2012, 02:02:14 PM »
Ugh, waking up sober after that just sucks.

Offline PebbleBall

• Now that right there is baseball.
« Reply #156: October 13, 2012, 02:07:19 PM »
I was checking it on the game day app and the ump made only one bad call that I noticed all night. Some of the balls that people were booing the most were no where near the strike zone.

Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen a game where the ump's strike zone so perfectly matched the tv pitch tracker.  The entire game. 

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #157: October 13, 2012, 02:09:42 PM »
Ugh, waking up sober after that just sucks.

You could start drinking again.  :shrug:

:cheers:

:glug:

Offline spidernat

« Reply #158: October 13, 2012, 02:24:40 PM »
I just talked to my mom and she is absolutely heartbroken over the loss. She was wondering why we put ourselves through this just to have our hearts broken. She said she was watching the game with my sister and they were both yelling at the TV when Storen was on the mound dropping a deuce "take that son of a nag out!".  :lmao:  Storen's pops would probably like to kick their asses.

Offline madj55

« Reply #159: October 13, 2012, 02:33:25 PM »
Gio Gonzalez do you want to be the ace? Well then freaking pitch like it you freakhead. We give you a six run lead and you can't just go out there and throw strikes? You're all hype man.

Ian Desmond, way to make a play on those two balls man! Really you came through for us.

ESPINOSA....YOU freakING SUCK.

GREAT BLOCK ON THAT BALL SUZUKI, REALLY GREAT freakING JOB.

Great freaking pitch to Descalso Clippard, you really proved why you WERE our closer.

Way to come through in that clutch spot Bernadina.

Harper way to battle in your last at bat of the season, really you had an excellent approach in that one.

Michael Morse I never want to see you in the outfield again.

Espinosa seriously you freaking blow, like you're terrible. Hope you figure it the freak out over this long freaking offseason we're gonna have.

#CHOKEITUDE

freak EVERYTHING I'M SO freakING ANGRY RIGHT NOW I HATE THE CARDINALS

Wow I was upset last night, and drunk. Still pissed. Go Giants.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #160: October 13, 2012, 02:36:35 PM »
And it hasn't been just this season. It's been a problem since I started watching the Nats avidly four years ago.

Yep.  I've been beating this drum for years.

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #161: October 13, 2012, 02:38:13 PM »
You could start drinking again.  :shrug:

:cheers:

:glug:

If only I didn't have a paper to write today. :|

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #162: October 13, 2012, 02:38:21 PM »
To make things worse, I am (not by choice) spending the day today in the worst possible place: Philadelphia.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #163: October 13, 2012, 02:42:15 PM »
I'm not hating on the cardinals for what happened. They got it done, plain and simple. They were the better team. The only reason I don't want them to win it is because of that piece of crap Bob Crapenter. I hope we get did of that motherfreaker. I felt the Tigers would win it all anyway.

Offline PebbleBall

• Now that right there is baseball.
« Reply #164: October 13, 2012, 02:49:24 PM »
freak I'm miserable.

Offline johnsk54

« Reply #165: October 13, 2012, 02:53:00 PM »
As a longtime Yankee fan that got hooked on the Nationals last year and watched at least a little of every game this year, this was as devastating to me as the Yankees collapse in 2004. My consolation and what I have to remember is that I had more fun watching the Nationals this year then I have had watching the Yankees in years and I so to look forward to watching this team in the future.

Offline mmzznnxx

• lol Nats
« Reply #166: October 13, 2012, 02:57:12 PM »
I don't want Davey next season. I'm sure there's worse, and he'll probably be here unless he doesn't want to so it's moot, but I really don't like a lot of decisions he's made over the course of the season, and I really think he hurt this team in the postseason with some bad moves. I know the players need to play well, but I don't think he put the team in good position with managing often enough.

Just my two cents, fire away.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
« Reply #167: October 13, 2012, 02:59:00 PM »
I'm thinking 2013 will be Davey's last year.

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #168: October 13, 2012, 03:14:57 PM »
I'm not hating on the cardinals for what happened. They got it done, plain and simple. They were the better team. The only reason I don't want them to win it is because of that piece of crap Bob Crapenter. I hope we get did of that motherfreaker. I felt the Tigers would win it all anyway.

Hah, agreed.  A lot of people suddenly hate the Cardinals and their fans, but we would be creaming our jeans if we were in their position right now.

I'd still be underwhelmed if they win it because they've done it so much, and they just did last year.

Offline BerakosVA

« Reply #169: October 13, 2012, 03:57:38 PM »
Only thing i was surprised with was Storen deciding to throw Descalso a first pitch fastball instead of going with a slider

Offline madj55

« Reply #170: October 13, 2012, 04:11:39 PM »
I still can't believe Desmond didn't knock those two balls down. Terrible defense by him in the last two games.

Storen was pitching the whole 9th inning scared, also why wasn't the outfield playing no doubles in the ninth? If Harper was playing deeper I doubt Beltran would've turned that into a double since it was hit so hard.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #171: October 13, 2012, 04:30:17 PM »
Hah, agreed.  A lot of people suddenly hate the Cardinals and their fans, but we would be creaming our jeans if we were in their position right now.

Rationally I understand this, but I still hate them anyway.  Especially the obnoxious chick in my section last night who wouldn't stop screaming after the Cards won.

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #172: October 13, 2012, 04:43:57 PM »
Rationally I understand this, but I still hate them anyway.  Especially the obnoxious chick in my section last night who wouldn't stop screaming after the Cards won.

Can't say I blame you.

And I'd have wanted to throw her from the upper level.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #173: October 13, 2012, 04:51:14 PM »
I still can't believe Desmond didn't knock those two balls down. Terrible defense by him in the last two games.

:doh:

Offline Dave B

« Reply #174: October 13, 2012, 04:59:55 PM »
at least it wasnt the world series. we still would have had two more series to win.