Author Topic: I hate pepco  (Read 1093 times)

Offline Dixon Ward

I hate pepco
« Topic Start: October 19, 2012, 11:44:51 PM »
There. I said it.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
Re: I hate pepco
« Reply #1: October 19, 2012, 11:47:28 PM »
Who doesn't? Subsidized piece of crap.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #2: October 20, 2012, 01:19:12 AM »
Installing solar panels on my roof in the next few weeks.  freak you, pepco.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #3: October 20, 2012, 08:57:08 AM »
Financing yourself? Or are you going with a Solar City kind or arrangement?
Installing solar panels on my roof in the next few weeks.  freak you, pepco.

Offline Dixon Ward

« Reply #4: October 20, 2012, 09:40:00 AM »
inexplicably lost power for 4 hours last night. outage map and mobile app were both "down for maintenance". so frustrating.

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #5: October 20, 2012, 09:46:36 AM »
Financing yourself? Or are you going with a Solar City kind or arrangement?

bingo we'll pay a lower percentage per kw to them instead of those assclowns.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #6: October 20, 2012, 12:59:24 PM »
Lower, fixed, and guaranteed while Pepco kw/hrs are guaranteed to go only up, and it's from the freaking sun! If you over produce during the day, you can envision that you are shoving power up Pepco's five hole.

Anyone who has a south or west facing roof who doesn't look into Solar City is missing out big.

bingo we'll pay a lower percentage per kw to them instead of those assclowns.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #7: October 20, 2012, 01:12:35 PM »
Lower, fixed, and guaranteed while Pepco kw/hrs are guaranteed to go only up, and it's from the freaking sun! If you over produce during the day, you can envision that you are shoving power up Pepco's five hole.

Anyone who has a south or west facing roof who doesn't look into Solar City is missing out big.

thanks, will look into it this weekend

• babble on
« Reply #8: October 20, 2012, 01:21:26 PM »
PM me if you decide you want to do this...we can split the $400 referral bonus  :lol:

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #9: October 20, 2012, 02:25:09 PM »
Note: I face east-west and and I'm in the trees. Otherwise, I'd be on this like white on rice. Or beige on rice as it were.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #10: October 20, 2012, 02:26:13 PM »
I expect a beer sometime for sparking PA's interest.
PM me if you decide you want to do this...we can split the $400 referral bonus  :lol:

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #11: October 20, 2012, 02:36:24 PM »
I expect a beer sometime for sparking PA's interest.

:thumbs: :cheers:

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #12: October 20, 2012, 09:14:18 PM »

Sure, I wouldn't mind taking a look at it. There's a house 4 blocks or so from here with a big sign and Solar City pamphlets. I did sign a one year deal with Reliant so that Pepco would at least lose some of my business. I know I have the right exposure because at about 1pm the sun shines DIRECTLY into my skylight and makes my bedroom a furnace.

Also, my A/C compressor is on the roof, I wonder if that causes problems.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #13: October 21, 2012, 08:59:43 AM »
All you can do is invite them to survey your place.
Sure, I wouldn't mind taking a look at it. There's a house 4 blocks or so from here with a big sign and Solar City pamphlets. I did sign a one year deal with Reliant so that Pepco would at least lose some of my business. I know I have the right exposure because at about 1pm the sun shines DIRECTLY into my skylight and makes my bedroom a furnace.

• babble on
« Reply #14: October 21, 2012, 04:21:02 PM »
We have two chimneys and a huge oak tree they had to work around, but they still managed to eke 2.4 kW out of a north-facing city inside rowhouse flat roof.  20 year lease and then you either extend for another 10 years, buy it at whatever nominal market value the system has at that point, or they come and take it away and fix your roof (no charge).

Offline GburgNatsFan2

« Reply #15: October 22, 2012, 02:02:26 PM »
Holy crap. That's more than I thought.

Be sure to secure that rooftop from the neighborhood hooligans and ruffians.

We have two chimneys and a huge oak tree they had to work around, but they still managed to eke 2.4 kW out of a north-facing city inside rowhouse flat roof.  20 year lease and then you either extend for another 10 years, buy it at whatever nominal market value the system has at that point, or they come and take it away and fix your roof (no charge).

• babble on
« Reply #16: October 22, 2012, 02:25:02 PM »
A friend who lives in a similar rowhouse a few blocks away in Mt Pleasant has a neighbour a few doors up the street who went up through their roof hatch to check on something and found a tent on their roof.  It seems that someone had been camping up there for quite a while. 

Holy crap. That's more than I thought.

Be sure to secure that rooftop from the neighborhood hooligans and ruffians.

Offline NationalHeat

« Reply #17: October 22, 2012, 02:25:20 PM »
How much are solar panels?

• babble on
« Reply #18: October 22, 2012, 02:29:16 PM »
To actually buy such a system would have cost somewhere on the order of 13-18k before the various tax incentives and credits (the biggest of which is the 33% Federal tax credit).  We are jumping at this now because the future of such tax incentives is likely to hinge significantly on the election. 

How much are solar panels?

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #19: October 22, 2012, 08:57:24 PM »
To actually buy such a system would have cost somewhere on the order of 13-18k before the various tax incentives and credits (the biggest of which is the 33% Federal tax credit).  We are jumping at this now because the future of such tax incentives is likely to hinge significantly on the election. 

however, if the election goes another way, you'll be able to install an uncontrolled oversized subituminous-burning boiler to provide you steam and electricity! 

• babble on
« Reply #20: October 22, 2012, 11:00:06 PM »
And buy slaves!
however, if the election goes another way, you'll be able to install an uncontrolled oversized subituminous-burning boiler to provide you steam and electricity!