Author Topic: Nationals vs Cardinals, Game 1  (Read 30886 times)

Offline PatsNats28

Re: Nationals vs Cardinals, Game 1
« Reply #25: April 30, 2009, 06:31:36 PM »
http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/1240561875327580.xml&coll=2

Where have I heard this before?

ugh wrong link, but similar story... basically pistons were asking cavs season ticket holders to buy tickets to the games in DET.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #26: April 30, 2009, 06:33:00 PM »
D-Cab almost no hit the Yankees @ Yankee Stadium a few years back, it was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen.  He HAD the potential to be a frontline starter and he has the potential to be a major bust.  He hasn't been great for us this year, two starts that qualify as serviceable.  It's time for him to put up or shut up.  (I don't have a good feeling about tonight, but I do on his start for tuesday)

With that said, I like our chances tonight.  John Lannan just threw a perfect game for me on MLB2k8 (Strasburg already has one) in Colorado.  Good omen for tonight.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #27: April 30, 2009, 06:40:32 PM »
Anybody remember this guy's no-hitter at RFK?   :icon_mrgreen:

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #28: April 30, 2009, 06:42:44 PM »
in a pre-game interview with Debbi Taylor, Julian Tavarez made statements implying that Hanrahan will be returning to the role of closer soon :shock:

http://www.wnff.net/index.php/topic,13060.0.html

I really hope he was just talking up his teammate and didn't actually hear that from Manny or Rizzo :?

Offline The Chief

« Reply #29: April 30, 2009, 06:43:11 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

You mean his almost no-hitter which was broken up by a Pujols homer in the 8th?

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #30: April 30, 2009, 06:45:55 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Yea, I was at that game. I was pumped up until that homer. Hell he had his own Homer. We should make a commercial about that, it would be better than 5 of our commercials and hes not even on the freakin team.

Ramon Ortiz, BIG DAY.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #31: April 30, 2009, 06:51:57 PM »
D-Crab has the potential to be a front-line starter? WHAT THE freak?!

He's Minor League caliber. At one point several years ago with the O's maybe he would qualify as a #5 guy because he threw really hard and had good starts mixed in with poor ones.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #32: April 30, 2009, 06:52:40 PM »
You mean his almost no-hitter which was broken up by a Pujols homer in the 8th?
FAIL. Aaron Miles broke up the no-hitter with a single up the middle. Pujols broke up the shut-out.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #33: April 30, 2009, 06:53:57 PM »
Quote from: Wikipedia
On September 4, 2006, Ortiz took a no-hitter into the 9th inning against the Cardinals before having it broken up by the first batter in the 9th, Aaron Miles. Ortiz also hit his first career home run in the same game. It was a solo shot off of St. Louis reliever Jorge Sosa. Ortiz was three outs away from becoming the third no-hit pitcher in Major League Baseball who had homered in the same game, joining Earl Wilson (1962) and Rick Wise (1971).
Damn shame when two years ago seems BETTER than today...don't you think?

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #34: April 30, 2009, 06:54:06 PM »
yeahhhhhhh we're wearing the thursday blues tonight!  we know what happened last time we wore them:

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #35: April 30, 2009, 06:54:28 PM »
I want the Nats to win but I also want D-Crab out of the rotation. I hope if we lose he gets blasted and walks like 7 batters.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #36: April 30, 2009, 06:55:46 PM »
FAIL. Aaron Miles broke up the no-hitter with a single up the middle. Pujols broke up the shut-out.

I thought that happened in the 9th inning? I remember Miles being doubled up on a line drive and then Pujols went yard with two outs.  :?

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #37: April 30, 2009, 06:55:52 PM »
D-Crab has the potential to be a front-line starter? WHAT THE freak?! (Image removed from quote.)

He's Minor League caliber. At one point several years ago with the O's maybe he would qualify as a #5 guy because he threw really hard and had good starts mixed in with poor ones.

i meant to say he had potential for frontline stuff and it wasn't that long ago.  lots of scouts and media talking heads thought he had the potential to win 20 games in a year.  i don't see him winning more than 15 games ever, prob 10-12 at most.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #38: April 30, 2009, 06:56:12 PM »
I want the Nats to win but I also want D-Crab out of the rotation. I hope if we lose he gets blasted and walks like 7 batters.

spoken like a true fan.  NOT! 

i don't give a crap who is out there as long as they do well.  hell look @ austin kearns he's having a good year and most of us blasted him.  if cabrera sucks out there, then he should be gone.  but if he does well, i'm going to cheer for him. 

Offline spidernat

« Reply #39: April 30, 2009, 06:57:05 PM »

How about hoping for someone to figure it out so it becomes the best scenario for the team instead of hoping someone fails so that you can get someone you dislike off the roster?  :?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #40: April 30, 2009, 06:58:04 PM »
I thought that happened in the 9th inning? I remember Miles being doubled up on a line drive and then Pujols went yard with two outs.  :?
it was in the 9th inning. It was a single to center by Miles and then Duncan lined into a DP. Pujols hit a solo bomb with 2 outs and then Chief came on to strike out Rolen to end the game. 4-1 final

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #41: April 30, 2009, 06:58:35 PM »
i meant to say he had potential for frontline stuff and it wasn't that long ago.  lots of scouts and media talking heads thought he had the potential to win 20 games in a year.  i don't see him winning more than 15 games ever, prob 10-12 at most.
he'll never win 10 games again in a season

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #42: April 30, 2009, 06:58:47 PM »
How about hoping for someone to figure it out so it becomes the best scenario for the team instead of hoping someone fails so that you can get someone you dislike off the roster?  :?

i know man.  thats why i had to put sf on ignore for a while.  he has the biggest boner for his boys and the rest of the team are a bunch of interchangeable/worthless parts.  if crab continues to struggle like he did on saturday, time is running out on him in this rotation.  but as long as he and the likes of hanrahan and nieves are nats, i'm going to root for them to do well.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #43: April 30, 2009, 07:00:11 PM »
freak that. we are past that point. let's just accept the fact that Cabrera will never turn it around and will always be awful.

hell, it would be okay having him if he pitched like he did in Baltimore. Back then he had dominant starts and really bad starts. He has no dominant starts anymore. His stuff isn't half as good as it was then and his control is equally as awful. 

I care about wins and getting rid of D-Crab ASAP gives us the best chance of winning games now.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #44: April 30, 2009, 07:00:57 PM »
it was in the 9th inning. It was a single to center by Miles and then Duncan lined into a DP. Pujols hit a solo bomb with 2 outs and then Chief came on to strike out Rolen to end the game. 4-1 final

I'd forgotten that Cordero came in to finish the game.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #45: April 30, 2009, 07:01:04 PM »
he'll never win 10 games again in a season

then why would YOUR BOY BOWDEN pick him up?  why were other teams after him this offseason?  you know all though. 

every year he's won 8 or more games.  i'm not saying he's a good fit here or he's going to do well here (i already said he is gonna have a bad one tonight).  but we weren't going after a 8 million a year starter, we tried to find lightning in the bottle.  so far, nothing great.  if the experiment fails, then oh well, at least we didn't waste 8 million. 

Offline The Chief

« Reply #46: April 30, 2009, 07:01:38 PM »
I hope for the Nats to win.  I don't care how it happens.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #47: April 30, 2009, 07:01:42 PM »
enjoy the game tonight ladies and gentlemen. 

d-cab will give up 4-5 runs, but we'll still win.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #48: April 30, 2009, 07:01:54 PM »
I hope for the Nats to win.  I don't care how it happens.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline spidernat

« Reply #49: April 30, 2009, 07:02:20 PM »

I care about wins and getting rid of D-Crab ASAP gives us the best chance of winning games now.

Correction: Having Cabrera finally figure it out and pitching lights out gives us the best chance of winning games starting tonight.   :doh: