Author Topic: Cleveland Indians to cut back on use of Chief Wahoo logo  (Read 1009 times)

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
too closely tied to "Major League"?

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
Whoop-dee-doo. Besides, the block C looks way better.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
I wonder if the league isn't "suggesting" these types of people logo changes.   

http://www.post-gazette.com/business/2014/01/08/Pirates-ditch-pirate-as-main-logo/stories/201401080141
I think there is a trend away from cartoon logos that don't have nostalgia value. (Baltimore's logo is a good example of one that does have nostalgia value, and therefore is still liked.)

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
The cartoon oriole is just dumb...Chief Wahoo is dumb and is considered by many people to be offensive. 

Not to *ahem* go there...

I think there is a trend away from cartoon logos that don't have nostalgia value. (Baltimore's logo is a good example of one that does have nostalgia value, and therefore is still liked.)

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
The cartoon oriole is just dumb...Chief Wahoo is dumb and is considered by many people to be offensive. 

Not to *ahem* go there...

That is what I mean. These days, most people think that cartoon logos for pro sports teams are dumb, so they are being phased out with the exception of nostalgic logos like Baltimore's.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
I wonder if the league isn't "suggesting" these types of people logo changes.   

http://www.post-gazette.com/business/2014/01/08/Pirates-ditch-pirate-as-main-logo/stories/201401080141

Blame it on Wiz Khalifa...

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Blame it on Wiz Khalifa...

Had to "google" Wiz even after reading the article and found he was raised in Pittsburgh.     The comical thing is he's living in Canonsburg  ...  home of Perry Como and Bobby Vinton.    How's that for musical diversity?

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Get Ozzie to move there and you'd have something...

Offline mitlen

Get Ozzie to move there and you'd have something...

I used to wear my "P" Pirates hat.   Folks would ask if I was a Pittsburgh fan.   I'd tell 'em, "No,
'Public Enemy' ".     I got a lot of strange reactions.   

Canonsburg is close to the hometown of Marvin Lewis of the Bengals as well.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
I used to wear my "P" Pirates hat.   Folks would ask if I was a Pittsburgh fan.   I'd tell 'em, "No,
'Public Enemy' ".     I got a lot of strange reactions.   

:lmao:

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Had to "google" Wiz even after reading the article and found he was raised in Pittsburgh.     The comical thing is he's living in Canonsburg  ...  home of Perry Como and Bobby Vinton.    How's that for musical diversity?

And Don Yenko ;)

Offline mitlen

And Don Yenko ;)

...   and Stephen Foster went to school there but he didn't drive.    :)

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
...   and Stephen Foster went to school there but he didn't drive.    :)

I can't hear Stephen Foster without thinking Frederick freaking Chopin  :lol: