Author Topic: Nationals vs Phillies, Game 3  (Read 47073 times)

Offline JMUalumni

Re: Nationals vs Phillies, Game 3
« Reply #150: September 03, 2008, 09:02:05 PM »
Wilmington-Potomac:  Kyle Gunderson, a 2007 48th round pick from Rice University last year, comes on to the mound for the P-Nats.  He was called up on August 14th and has only let up 2 ER since the promotion.  First batter grounds out.  Second baseman Michael Martinez shows great range to prevent a hit in shallow right field by the second Wilmington batter.  Gunderson walks Josh Johnson with 2 outs.  Gunderson strikes out the final batter to end the inning.

Planescia flies out.  Burgess grounds out.  Stephen King doubles, but Solano leaves him stranded with a ground out.

1-0, P-Nats

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #151: September 03, 2008, 09:02:13 PM »
God freaking dammit.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #152: September 03, 2008, 09:02:35 PM »
freakin (g)Nat killers!

Offline d_mc_nabb

« Reply #153: September 03, 2008, 09:02:55 PM »
Tuned in recently, missed some of this conversation. Ovechkin and Crosby are two spectacular players.Ovechkin is the togher player, and of course the purer goal scorer. Crosby makes things happen, and always seems to be around to tap in rebounds. Defensive skills are about equal, Crosby may have a slight edge there due to coaching. There are two knocks I have on Crosby: One, injuries were a problem last year, but that probably won't happen this year, and Two, against Ovechkin, his cast was better for years. The knock I have on Ovechkin is, although I like it, he should cut down on taking the no-chance shots, and pass more often.

Eli Manning, I am not sold on yet, he needs to stay consistent to earn the label of top ten QB in my book.

Nice takeout by Milledge!

And damn, there goes the lead. Oh well, Strasburg or bust!

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #154: September 03, 2008, 09:03:23 PM »
Damn

MrMadison

« Reply #155: September 03, 2008, 09:04:07 PM »
Do you begrudge people wanting to see some payback?  I personally don't think Utley was "playing dirty" but he still hurt my catcher and I still wanted to see him get his come-uppance.  I see nothing wrong with that.

no, not at all.

Offline natinthehat

« Reply #156: September 03, 2008, 09:04:23 PM »
Ouch... he couldn't have thrown a worse pitch right there.

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #157: September 03, 2008, 09:05:39 PM »
Wilmington-Potomac:  Jeff Howell homers off of Gunderson.  Severino comes in for Gunderson and gets two ground outs and a strikeout to get out of the inning.

Lyons, Martinez, Lefave go 1-2-3 to put the game into the 9th tied at 1 all.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #158: September 03, 2008, 09:06:21 PM »
i got all shin, hopefully he was aiming

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #159: September 03, 2008, 09:06:32 PM »
Tuned in recently, missed some of this conversation. Ovechkin and Crosby are two spectacular players.Ovechkin is the togher player, and of course the purer goal scorer. Crosby makes things happen, and always seems to be around to tap in rebounds. Defensive skills are about equal, Crosby may have a slight edge there due to coaching. There are two knocks I have on Crosby: One, injuries were a problem last year, but that probably won't happen this year, and Two, against Ovechkin, his cast was better for years. The knock I have on Ovechkin is, although I like it, he should cut down on taking the no-chance shots, and pass more often.

Eli Manning, I am not sold on yet, he needs to stay consistent to earn the label of top ten QB in my book.

Nice takeout by Milledge!

And damn, there goes the lead. Oh well, Strasburg or bust!

You're spot on about Crosby having the better supporting cast. I do think we're catching up though, but we're still just a little behind. We'll get there though. I have no doubt that we'll have a Stanley Cup in Washington at some point down the road.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #160: September 03, 2008, 09:07:10 PM »

I love that!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #161: September 03, 2008, 09:10:12 PM »
Poll:  Is Colome our most reliable reliever lately?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #162: September 03, 2008, 09:10:58 PM »

"that had to hurt"     :lol:

Offline d_mc_nabb

« Reply #163: September 03, 2008, 09:10:59 PM »
You're spot on about Crosby having the better supporting cast. I do think we're catching up though, but we're still just a little behind. We'll get there though. I have no doubt that we'll have a Stanley Cup in Washington at some point down the road.

Oh, defintiely, we still have Karl Alzner coming up here. The Penguins right now are trading away their future for the present, while we just had 2 first rounders to there none.

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #164: September 03, 2008, 09:11:49 PM »
Wilmington-Potomac:  Severino strikes out the first batter.  Potomac is now looking at having to use their weak pen of middle relievers, which consists of mostly call-ups from Hagerstown and has been depleted by injuries.  Wilmington on the other hand, have a very solid middle relief team.  Severino puts the second batter on base with a 5 pitch walk.  Severino gets a called strike three for out two, Wilmington's batter Brad Correll was very upset with the call and had a tantrum.  A 1-3-6 pick off at second base puts the game into the bottom of the ninth.

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #165: September 03, 2008, 09:12:26 PM »
Any talk up that way about next weekend's games being moved to DC, with Marlins being the home team?

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #166: September 03, 2008, 09:17:55 PM »
I remember Madson hitting mid-upper 90's several times over the past few years.  Until recently, he owned the Fish.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #167: September 03, 2008, 09:21:34 PM »
Any talk up that way about next weekend's games being moved to DC, with Marlins being the home team?

I'm sure the Lerners would love it. Those motherfreakers would probably have the nerve to charge the Marlins rent.  :?

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #168: September 03, 2008, 09:22:50 PM »
Wilmington-Potomac (bottom of the 9th):  The P-Nats have had just one walk-off HR all season (April 10th) by the first batter of this inning, Matt Rogelstad.  Unfortunately, he can't produce the magic today and grounds out to third.  Dee Brown, 0-3 in this game and on a 5 game hitting streak, singles into right field.  The Blue Rocks bring in a left handed, Swaganey (2.19 ERA vs lefties) pitcher to face Potomac left handers Plasencia and Burgess.  Plancensia pops out for out #2.  Burgess is hit by the pitcher, but the Ump calls it as a foul ball.  Burgess is furious and manager Randy Knorr comes out to prevent Burgess from getting ejected.  The P-Nat fans show their displeasure.  Burgess follows up with a swinging strikeout.  We are going to the top of the 10th.

Closer Josh Wilkie has been warming up in the P-Nats bullpen.

For those that are wondering, Erik Arnesen gets the start tomorrow for the P-Nats (4-3, 4.46 ERA).

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #169: September 03, 2008, 09:22:55 PM »
I'm sure the Lerners would love it. Those mother****ers would probably have the nerve to charge the Marlins rent.  :?

Has Lerner even paid his own yet, or is Loria his mentor?

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #170: September 03, 2008, 09:25:20 PM »
Has Lerner even paid his own yet, or is Loria his mentor?

From the last report I read here, that matter is still ongoing.

MrMadison

« Reply #171: September 03, 2008, 09:25:24 PM »
ha. was that an adequate attempt to get out of the way?

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #172: September 03, 2008, 09:25:29 PM »
Frankly, I'd love to see Utley ear-holed at 100 mph.

MrMadison

« Reply #173: September 03, 2008, 09:28:20 PM »
Frankly, I'd love to see Utley ear-holed at 100 mph.

haven't you heard? he likes getting hit by pitches and purposely jumps out in front of everything and hopes it hits him.

you'd just be giving him what he wants.

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #174: September 03, 2008, 09:28:55 PM »
Wilmington-Potomac (top of the 10th):  Great game so far, Josh Wilkie comes on the mound for the 10th.  Apparently Burgess got tossed after he struck out, we could have used him.  The first two batters ground out against Wilkie.  The third batter makes contact with the first pitch, flying out to rightfielder Dee Brown (who moved there thanks to the Burgess ejection).

King-Solano-Lyons due up in the bottom of the 10th.