Author Topic: The Lerner Family  (Read 1236 times)

Offline houston-nat

Re: THE LEARNERS
« Reply #1: February 09, 2013, 01:11:37 PM »
I fully expected "THE LEARNERS" to be a discussion about some kind of John Ford movie involving John Wayne rescuing a schoolteacher.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #2: February 09, 2013, 01:17:37 PM »
When you see someone with GW on his resume, remember that it's all about whether your daddy can afford the tuition, considering that a slow Learner like Mark managed to graduate. 

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #3: February 09, 2013, 01:23:39 PM »
When you see someone with GW on his resume, remember that it's all about whether your daddy can afford the tuition, considering that a slow Learner like Mark managed to graduate. 
  Einstein was a "slow learner".  Had severe learning disabilities.   Don't mistake slow learning with lack of intelligence.

Colin Powell came from a poor background.  Also a GW graduate

http://www.gwu.edu/university-facts

Offline aspenbubba

« Reply #4: February 09, 2013, 03:07:48 PM »

If I am not mistaken Ted Lerner graduated GW and I know he had very little family money if any.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #5: February 09, 2013, 03:17:30 PM »
Cal - you can change the thread title back if it was deliberate.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Re: THE LERNERS
« Reply #6: February 09, 2013, 04:42:45 PM »
If I am not mistaken Ted Lerner graduated GW and I know he had very little family money if any.

I never said that Ted Lerner was a dope, cheap yes, but never presumed to insult his intelligence.

Offline CALSGR8

Re: THE LERNERS
« Reply #7: February 09, 2013, 04:53:55 PM »
Cal - you can change the thread title back if it was deliberate.

I titled it not because of Learning.  I titled the topic because I found 2 articles on interviews with the Lerner Family Speaking of the word Lerners, if it had been about the subject of Learning, I would have included the letter "a".

Lesson LeArned!

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Re: THE LERNER FAMILY
« Reply #8: February 09, 2013, 08:29:23 PM »
I titled it not because of Learning.  I titled the topic because I found 2 articles on interviews with the Lerner Family Speaking of the word Lerners, if it had been about the subject of Learning, I would have included the letter "a".

Lesson LeArned!

It really isn't a thread about the Lerner family, the proper subject is Mark Lerner's comments about the franchise.

Online welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #9: February 09, 2013, 09:48:34 PM »
I fully expected "THE LEARNERS" to be a discussion about some kind of John Ford movie involving John Wayne rescuing a schoolteacher.

That was "Cheyenne Autumn", with Richard Widmark playing John Wayne.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #10: February 09, 2013, 09:49:46 PM »
i've learned a lot from this thread.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #11: February 09, 2013, 10:43:03 PM »
That was "Cheyenne Autumn", with Richard Widmark playing John Wayne.

I was thinking "The Searchers".

Offline BH34Natural

« Reply #12: February 10, 2013, 12:18:55 AM »
I wish someone would have asked Lerner what his plan is going to be in keeping Bryce Harper under contract as a National for the long haul

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #13: February 10, 2013, 03:07:24 AM »
It really isn't a thread about the Lerner family, the proper subject is Mark Lerner's comments about the franchise.
  It talks about his Father Ted!

MARK AND TED are both Part of the Learner Family!  Quit being a pain in the butt!

Online welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #14: February 10, 2013, 08:51:07 AM »

I figured...but "Cheyenne Autumn" really does have the-character-always-played-by-John-Wayne leading the cavalry in search of Cheyenne who have decided to leave their reservation and return home. Widmark's love interest is a school-teacher on the Cheyenne reservation. She decides to go with the Cheyenne. Pretty good movie...includes a side trip to a town where I think Jimmie Stewart is Wyatt Earp.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #15: February 10, 2013, 09:53:44 AM »

It does sort of have that reputation now, grossly overpriced for what it delivers.

My father, whose own father was dead by then and whose family didn't have 2 nickels to rub together, worked his way through graduate school at GW in the early 60's by augmenting his teacher's salary with summer jobs painting buildings.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Re: The Lerner Family
« Reply #16: February 10, 2013, 10:00:49 AM »
It does sort of have that reputation now, grossly overpriced for what it delivers.

My father, whose own father was dead by then and whose family didn't have 2 nickels to rub together, worked his way through graduate school at GW in the early 60's by augmenting his teacher's salary with summer jobs painting buildings.

I'm just not happy with GW grads right now because we hired one last year who talked a great game but made us all look bad, sending out garbage to the clients, then quitting on us.  He was quite the fancy lad.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #17: February 10, 2013, 10:02:42 AM »
  It talks about his Father Ted!

MARK AND TED are both Part of the Learner Family!  Quit being a pain in the butt!

I want to quit, but I remain compelled to respond that Mark discussed his dad in reference to the team, the subject was not the family in general.

Offline RL04

« Reply #18: February 10, 2013, 10:07:13 PM »

Don't worry.   I got it.   Great movie!