Author Topic: #1 commercial that makes you want to smash your tv  (Read 104718 times)

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
The new modern one or the folksy guitar one? That folksy one is creepy and weird. The new one is completely forgettable, but not as bothersome.

Not a TV commercial, but the 1800 Kars for Kids commercial that plays all the time on ESPN 980.

Switching over to radio, does anyone else find the 1-877-Kars for Kids commercials kind of creepy?  And annoying?

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
The only thing worse than listening to FP is the Old Spice - Head & Shoulders commercial

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
The gerbils on ecstasy in the Kia Soul ad are fairly disturbing.

Offline Squab

• Global Moderator
  • me lookin at the bullpen
"How do you ignite your Natitude?"

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
The Jappy Luna ad might be one of the all-time worst.  I will never give Luna any business purely because of what that ad has done to our quality of life.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
I know the number for Luna.  I don't know my mom's cell phone number.  :wtf:

Offline HalfSmokes

Not a TV commercial, but the 1800 Kars for Kids commercial that plays all the time on ESPN 980.

My 2 year old likes saying k a r s cars for kids,  so yea screw them

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
I'm hating the ones for Medifast where fat girl one is talking to less fat girl two and tearing up about how happy she is to have lost the weight, and it's the same girl. Stupid stupid stupid.

Offline Nathan

Why you gotta hate on fat people?  :'(

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
Why you gotta hate on fat people?  :'(

NO NO NO, I'm not hating on fat people, I'm at least 20 pounds over weight. I just hate the commercials trying to convince people that they should be a weepy because they are fat and not being fat anymore will make you happy. Not to mention trying to sell you something when eating better and exercising is a proven way to lose, maybe you'll never be skinny, but you can still be the best you you can be. Chunky or no. Luckily my husband thinks I have a nice ass and doesn't mind my muffin top too much. NOT A HATER! :)

Offline saltydad

I'd give you a compliment now but don't want TBC after me with a giant bottle of Sriracha!

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
I'd give you a compliment now but don't want TBC after me with a giant bottle of Sriracha!

Aw shucks, thanks Salty!

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
The little girl who can't explain why more is better than less!

Offline Nathan

OMFG this is the best commercial EVAR!  :lmao:

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
bump.

The Fidelity adds with the people holding pictures of various stages of their life over their faces.  It's not the visuals.  It's the freaking banging on the piano so much louder than the tv show that precedes it.  It's a real problem on Morning Joe.  I'll flip on the TV and listen to some talk while I'm making  breakfast or eating, then this commercial will come on, I'm nowhere near capable of turning down the sound, and I'm worried about the pinging either waking a neighbor or interfering with the electronics of a landing plane at National airport.

Offline Nathan

Honda needs to stop showing these "Happy Honda Days" commercials because I'm starting to get pissed off I can't buy a full album of the Michael Bolton songs.  Dammit, they're catchy!  :-[

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
bump.

The Fidelity adds with the people holding pictures of various stages of their life over their faces.  It's not the visuals.  It's the freaking banging on the piano so much louder than the tv show that precedes it.  It's a real problem on Morning Joe.  I'll flip on the TV and listen to some talk while I'm making  breakfast or eating, then this commercial will come on, I'm nowhere near capable of turning down the sound, and I'm worried about the pinging either waking a neighbor or interfering with the electronics of a landing plane at National airport.

Didn't they pass legislation on the max volume of commercials?

Offline Nathan

Yes.  http://www.fcc.gov/encyclopedia/loud-commercials

Looks like it went into effect December 2012 but companies could get a waiver for a 1 year extension.

Offline mmzznnxx

• lol Nats
In the past I've enjoyed their ads, but those new musical Old Spice commercials are so unbelievably bad and irritating.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

Anything with Ron Burgandy...

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
OMFG this is the best commercial EVAR!  :lmao:

Awsome!

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Anyone else hoping that Arnold is playing ping pong against his old friend, Fmr. Gov. Jesse Ventura?

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Nokia Lumina Icon ....  Verizon

Offline Squab

• Global Moderator
  • me lookin at the bullpen
The "Ignite Your Natitude" Hard Times Wings ad on the radio :hang:

Edit: haha, top of the page:
"How do you ignite your Natitude?"