Author Topic: Video Games (2009-2011)  (Read 90879 times)

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
Re: Video Games
« Reply #1925: November 25, 2011, 10:14:03 PM »
Yea, no. If I get that, its gout on the PC.

I'm a pretty hardcore PC gamer. It's why I've passed on most console games. If TD a shooter, its going on the PC. If they made a dedicated PC version, ill take that one.

I dunno ... Maybe I'll get Madden. Has it changed in the last four years?

Maybe Assassin's Creed .....

I am confuse :lol:

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #1926: November 25, 2011, 11:58:32 PM »
Yea, no. If I get that, its gout on the PC. And I doubt ill get it. I've tried three times to play Dragons Age. Never made it past a couple hours. I'm just not in to the whole fantasy, dragons and magic spells world.

I'm a pretty hardcore PC gamer. It's why I've passed on most console games. If TD a shooter, its going on the PC. If they made a dedicated PC version, ill take that one.

I dunno ... Maybe I'll get Madden. Has it changed in the last four years?

Maybe Assassin's Creed .....

Skyrim.

Offline Squab

• Global Moderator
  • me lookin at the bullpen
« Reply #1927: November 26, 2011, 01:30:38 AM »
Madden is terrible this year, take a pass, I'm thinking about trading it in. Assassin's Creed is amazing, best 2, and Brotherhood were the best games I've ever played, in succession. I don't have Revelations yet but it looks to be just as good.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #1928: November 26, 2011, 01:36:08 AM »
I'm happy I passed on Madden and NCAA this year.

Offline Squab

• Global Moderator
  • me lookin at the bullpen
« Reply #1929: November 26, 2011, 01:45:45 AM »
Yeah I sort of wished I had passed on Madden. NCAA was actually a lot better :shrug:

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #1930: November 26, 2011, 12:09:24 PM »

I actually love NCAA this year. Really solid game. Madden is OK, kinda pissed I got it since I'm so busy and haven't had much time to play it, but over the next couple weeks I'll have more time to play around.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #1931: November 26, 2011, 12:15:58 PM »
I actually love NCAA this year. Really solid game. Madden is OK, kinda pissed I got it since I'm so busy and haven't had much time to play it, but over the next couple weeks I'll have more time to play around.

I was waffling on whether or not to pick up NCAA 12 used on the cheap... but decided to pass after looking at the IGN review and reading some forums about the game.

Love the game... but the on-field play needs a bit more fixing before I give my money to the franchise, again. I.E. No super DB's, Robo QB's, warping OL/DL interactions... etc.

Also, it'd be nice if sliders actually worked as they should.

Hopefully NCAA 13 will be the perfect blend of off the field/on the field improvements that get me back into making a purchase.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #1932: November 26, 2011, 12:32:39 PM »
EA may be able to make a baseball game soon, but it's not going to be as good as the Show. Best baseball game ever.

I don't know about that. I agree with Linty and Slateman here. MVP Baseball was an amazing game and it did stand the test of time for some years after its last release in 2005. I would think if EA followed that basic layout then the game would easily sell.

IF EA can make a game again in the near future, I'm not 100% sure they'd even try or it'd be good until the next gen (or they'd just wait until then). The Show dominates the PS3 market (and is so much higher than its competitors) and 2k is established as well.

Go for the PS3.

Yeah it's not 100% but I don't see why they wouldn't attempt to make a game and at least get the xbox buyers since 2k's games are complete crap. Either way, I believe this is the last year 2k can make a game without competition but I'll have to look it up.

I may have to get a PS3 bundle soon. It probably be for the Blu-Ray player and The Show. I mean 200$ for a 100g+ PS3 with Ratchet and Clank as well as Little Big World is pretty good.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #1933: November 26, 2011, 05:46:15 PM »
I was waffling on whether or not to pick up NCAA 12 used on the cheap... but decided to pass after looking at the IGN review and reading some forums about the game.

Love the game... but the on-field play needs a bit more fixing before I give my money to the franchise, again. I.E. No super DB's, Robo QB's, warping OL/DL interactions... etc.

Also, it'd be nice if sliders actually worked as they should.

Hopefully NCAA 13 will be the perfect blend of off the field/on the field improvements that get me back into making a purchase.

What pisses me off the most about NCAA is the super jumping linebackers! You lob a pass over the middle and somehow a linebacker leaps what seems like 8ft in the air to tip it away. I don't mind that coverage is better, but it gets tiresome when crap just doesn't make sense.

I saw a thread on Operation Sports that detailed making adjustments to the tendencies or something on Madden making it much much more playable. I don't have it so I can't verify it.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #1934: November 26, 2011, 07:08:21 PM »
AC:R comes out for PC on Tuesday. I figure i'll just go ape crap and buy it and MW3 and be set for a while on games.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #1935: December 05, 2011, 03:48:41 PM »
I am in your library....trying out your Onlive.

I think a Library computer is a good test of the product. whaddya think?

bout to play Advent Rising for a bit.

Offline JMW IV

« Reply #1936: December 05, 2011, 04:15:24 PM »
well, I can say this: Onlive works.

it works pretty well too. I was skeptical.

going to try out a few more games, and I may even get their console.

Offline JMW IV

« Reply #1937: December 05, 2011, 05:42:00 PM »
This Onlive is pretty damn cool. nowhere close to the disappointment I was prepared for.

I have not tried any multiplayer games yet, but I wonder how they perform on the service.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #1938: December 07, 2011, 08:01:46 PM »
Been playing DC Universe Online, for free on PS3 the last couple days... kind of reminds me of a low rent Crackdown.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #1939: December 07, 2011, 08:21:20 PM »
World of Warcraft games are cheap, for now:

5$ for the "Battle Chest" (WoW and BC expansion)
10$ for Wrath of the Lich King
20$ for Cataclysm

sooo 35$ for all of the games + 15$ for a month (first month is free). Pretty good deal.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #1940: December 08, 2011, 01:44:32 PM »
After more playing time DCU, I'm starting to have fun with it.

Arkham Atom, is the name... tried to pattern him after The Flash... but playing through the Wonder Woman mentor path.

For a free game, they sure do give you a lot of things to do... though I'm wondering where the catch is... my guess? A cap at level 10.

Nathan, you should be proud of me... I'm finally making my way into MMORPGs!

Offline JMW IV

« Reply #1941: December 08, 2011, 01:49:20 PM »
I am thoroughly impressed with Onlive, after some more tinkering around with it.

their game catalogue needs some work, but the technology is pretty impressive, imo.

and they just released Onlive clients for tablets and smartphones :shock:

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #1942: December 08, 2011, 02:23:21 PM »
After more playing time DCU, I'm starting to have fun with it.

Arkham Atom, is the name... tried to pattern him after The Flash... but playing through the Wonder Woman mentor path.

For a free game, they sure do give you a lot of things to do... though I'm wondering where the catch is... my guess? A cap at level 10.

:thumbs:

F2P MMOs usually have things like a cash shop where you can buy really good equipment and items.  That's how thu make their money and why I'm not a big fan of them.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #1943: December 08, 2011, 04:25:15 PM »

He'll be proud when you enlist a Coreygangbang into the <Mindfact> guild.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #1944: December 08, 2011, 06:27:53 PM »
MLB 12: The Show news...

PlayStation.Blog: What’s your personal favorite addition this year?

Ramone Russell, Community Manager: I think it’s our new ball physics. Our programmer ripped out every line of last year’s code and completely re-invented the way the ball acts. It’s a nerd feature, but it adds so much to the game. The baseball gains and loses energy like a real baseball, and if you go into replay, you can count the rotations – that ball is going to spin the way it’s supposed to. This opens up the game because we have bloopers, ricochets off the bases, balls going into no man’s land….it’s much more dynamic and engaging.

Prayers = Answered.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/12/08/batter-up-mlb-12-the-show-for-ps3-and-ps-vita/

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #1945: December 08, 2011, 06:37:09 PM »
Now, if only they can do what MVP 05 did with the minor league system and it will be perfect.

Oh and.release for PC please :)

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #1946: December 08, 2011, 07:27:34 PM »
Awesome. Ball physics and overhaul of the announcing.

Still waiting on Franchise info...

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #1947: December 10, 2011, 05:35:56 PM »
Now, if only they can do what MVP 05 did with the minor league system and it will be perfect.

Oh and.release for PC please :)

Not gonna be released on anything that is not Sony branded. What did MVP do with the minor leagues that was so great? I'm not trying to be a dick mind you, I just really don't remember much about it. I guess I'll look it up.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #1948: December 10, 2011, 05:56:53 PM »
Not gonna be released on anything that is not Sony branded. What did MVP do with the minor leagues that was so great? I'm not trying to be a dick mind you, I just really don't remember much about it. I guess I'll look it up.

I think they started the option of playing minor league games.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #1949: December 11, 2011, 08:48:24 PM »
I bought an XBox 360 w/ Kinnect for Christmas for the kids tonight at Target ($299 for the 4GB, with an $80 target gift card).  Can anyone suggest games that the family could play together (boys are 11/9).  I bought kinnect sports season two but the reviews on Amazon are kind of so-so.

Thanks in advance.