Author Topic: Food and How you Cook/Eat it (2009-2012)  (Read 99343 times)

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
Re: Food and How you Cook/Eat it.
« Reply #225: March 22, 2010, 12:05:57 AM »
I'm gonna cook a weeks worth of chicken for lunches at work.  It should keep for 5 days cooked, right?

What do I do about sides?  I bought some brown rice, does it reheat ok?  How long would it keep after cooked.  It takes 40-50 minutes to cook so I'd need to cook a few days worth at a time since I don't have 50 minutes each day before work to spend cooking rice.  I've got frozen green beans to go with it.

I haven't thought about seasoning the chicken.  I've got at least a 2 week supply in the freezer.  This week I'm probably going to just use salt, pepper, and garlic powder.  Or maybe doused in hot sauce.  That jerk paste sounds awesome though, I'll have to look for that.

I need to eat more meals though.  This schedule of wake up, a few errands, work, "lunch", work, dinner, study, isn't working.  2 big meals a day isn't conducive for fat loss it seems.  Six small meals a day is the best, but how can you find time to eat that much and that often!?

I'm trying some "meal replacement shakes" at first for 2 of the meals :spaz: I hope they taste ok.