Author Topic: ATTENTION ALL WASHINGTON NATIONALS FANS: IT’S TIME TO TAKE BACK THE PARK!  (Read 58676 times)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
This nonsense made it to Time.com but the uninformed reporter kept up the lowly Nats nonsense.

He was talking about the low payroll.   :stir:

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
This nonsense made it to Time.com but the uninformed reporter kept up the lowly Nats nonsense.

Taking back your own park AFTER selling thousands of tickets to Phillies brokers will do that. 

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.

"Within the MLB, the Nats are notorious for bleak attendance numbers. Last season they ranked 20th of all pro teams, with a total of 1.9 million attendees, compared to the Phillies, who ranked first with 3.6 million. And if the deliberate attempts to keep out Phillies fans persist, the Nats’ attendance will likely plummet further, ultimately driving down the franchise’s revenue. By next season, “Take Back the Park” could easily become “Give Back the Park.” "

From http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/02/06/washington-nationals-launch-initiative-to-keep-phillies-fans-away/

Do you think this is what Feffer and the Nats "braintrust" had in mind?

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
"Within the MLB, the Nats are notorious for bleak attendance numbers. Last season they ranked 20th of all pro teams, with a total of 1.9 million attendees, compared to the Phillies, who ranked first with 3.6 million. And if the deliberate attempts to keep out Phillies fans persist, the Nats’ attendance will likely plummet further, ultimately driving down the franchise’s revenue. By next season, “Take Back the Park” could easily become “Give Back the Park.” "

From time.com

:clap:

Sanity.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
" And if the deliberate attempts to keep out Phillies fans persist, the Nats’ attendance will likely plummet further

Nats attendance will increase this year. End of story.

If anyone wants to debate that, I got an avatar bat for the first comer.

And time.com? Reaaaalllllyyyy?

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
The Fan Police they live inside of their heads.

Offline Baseball is Life

So no takers on the attendance bet then? Didn't think so. Makes the article kind of irrelevant, no?

Offline Baseball is Life

The Fan Police they live inside of their heads.

(Image removed from quote.)

Just be glad I'm not the Marlins fans police. :mg:

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
So no takers on the attendance bet then? Didn't think so. Makes the article kind of irrelevant, no?

We've already covered that, you missed your chance.

Offline Baseball is Life

We've already covered that, you missed your chance.

So still no takers on the attendance bet then? Didn't think so.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net

Yeah, you sure showed that time.com reporter :shrug:

Offline Moore Athletic

From http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/02/06/washington-nationals-launch-initiative-to-keep-phillies-fans-away/

"Within the MLB?"  Did you cut back on proofreaders, Time?

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, the bets already taken.

Offline Baseball is Life

Yeah, you sure showed that time.com reporter :shrug:

So you are not taking the attendance bet either, then. OK.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness

Straight prop bet - $25 says the Nats finish at least 14th in NL attendance this season.

Online HalfSmokes

Does anyone actually disagree?

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Does anyone actually disagree?

Not when they are likely to have a full season's worth of the dollar games that pumped up attendance in the second half of last year.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net

:lmao:

keep thumping your chest over something nobody on this site ever said

Offline ¡Vamos Ramos!

Winning cures everything. We do more winning this year, as I think most of us expect we will, and more people will come to the games, I'd be terribly surprised if attendance wasn't higher this year.

Offline Baseball is Life

Straight prop bet - $25 says the Nats finish at least 14th in NL attendance this season.

Try to follow along. The Times reporter said attendance will go down. I called BS. If anyone wants to side with her, put their avatar where their mouth is. If no one sides with her, then why should anyone give her a second thought.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Try to follow along. The Times reporter said attendance will go down. I called BS. If anyone wants to side with her, put their avatar where their mouth is. If no one sides with her, then why should anyone give her a second thought.

Why an avatar bet when cold hard cash rules everything around me?  Or do you not feel that confident?

Offline Baseball is Life

:lmao:

keep thumping your chest over something nobody on this site ever said

MarlinsdeSade gave the old clapping and sanity salute so I assumed he agreed with Time.com's assertion that that this anti Phillies tactic will backfire.

Online HalfSmokes

and.no one disagrees with you. he said the numbers would.go.down if they excluded.Philly fans which they aren't doing

Offline Baseball is Life

Why an avatar bet when cold hard cash rules everything around me?  Or do you not feel that confident?

OK, I will make you a bet that attendance will not decrease..you know, the original point of this whole diatribe from time.com.