Author Topic: Would you like to have this team?  (Read 806 times)

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Would you like to have this team?
« Topic Start: April 23, 2007, 12:49:01 PM »
Rotation:

Bartolo Colon
Livan Hernandez
Randy Johnson
Pedro Martinez
John Patterson

Bullpen:

Luis Ayala
Guillermo Mota
Chad Cordero
Dustin Hermanson
Jon Rauch

Alignment:

C Michael Barrett
1B Nick Johnson
2B Ronnie Belliard
SS Orlando Cabrera
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Moises Alou
CF Alfonso Soriano
RF Vladimir Guerrero

Lineup:

CF Alfonso Soriano
SS Orlando Cabrera
3B Ryan Zimmerman
RF Vladimir Guerrero
1B Nick Johnson
2B Ronnie Belliard
C Michael Barrett
LF Moises Alou

Who is this team?  These are all players that have played for the Expos or Nationals in the major leagues at one point, and are now stars.  What would the Nationals look like now if the Expos management hadn't traded a lot of the talent for temporary plugs?  Now, don't lecture me on everything that's wrong with this theory, because it's not even a theory.  It's just an interesting way to look at it.

If I wanted to, I would have included other players such as Cliff Lee.  However, players like him never played in the big leagues for the Expos or Nationals, so I didn't use him or other farmhands.

Offline kimnat

Re: Would you like to have this team?
« Reply #1: April 23, 2007, 01:33:56 PM »
Holy COW!  That would be a killer team!  Lots can be said for hindsight!

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #2: April 23, 2007, 02:07:31 PM »
Well, I'm surprised you included Soriano instead of Sizemore, which actually would have been more likely. Nevertheless, a list that shows the importance of consistent, thoughtful, and, most importantly, committed ownership.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #3: April 23, 2007, 04:17:02 PM »
How is Gary Majewski a star?
And wouldn't Vidro get priority over Belliard?

iluvryanzimmerman

« Reply #4: April 23, 2007, 06:30:54 PM »
OH PISH POSH GARY MAJEWSKI IS My BOY!
pluz ryan zimmerman is on there HELL YEAH A GOOD TEAM!

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #5: April 23, 2007, 08:23:42 PM »
Gary Majewski has never (and probably never will be) been anything better than a decent middle reliever with a good fastball. I like the guy, but he's nowhere close to a superstar. I would put someone like Rauch in there. He's been a very, very solid middle relief guy.

BTW, cool roster you put together. That'd be a real fun team to watch.

« Reply #6: April 23, 2007, 08:53:45 PM »
Gary Majewski has never (and probably never will be) been anything better than a decent middle reliever with a good fastball. I like the guy, but he's nowhere close to a superstar. I would put someone like Rauch in there. He's been a very, very solid middle relief guy.

BTW, cool roster you put together. That'd be a real fun team to watch.

I have to agree.  Tex and Belliard are really out of place on that roster.  Vidro should be in there now that you mention it.  Otherwise, sweet deal although it disgusts me that Headhunter Pedro came through the ranks.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #7: April 23, 2007, 08:56:13 PM »
Well, I'm surprised you included Soriano instead of Sizemore, which actually would have been more likely. Nevertheless, a list that shows the importance of consistent, thoughtful, and, most importantly, committed ownership.

Sizemore played for the Expos' minor league squads.  Therefore, you can't blame the FO.  Prospects are really a gamble, and nothing is a sure thing.  But, if he was included, he would be in CF with Soriano in LF.  Nice.

And I forgot Jon Rauch, and replaced him with Majewski.  I agree 100% with Nats19, Majewski was really nothing special.