Author Topic: Dogfighting  (Read 10777 times)

nospinzone1

Re: Dogfighting
« Reply #75: August 20, 2007, 07:26:05 PM »
I don't want to start a debate or anything, but Vick is by far my favorite player of all time. He's likely only gonna do a yr, and will be back in 09-10. I hope he has a motivated mindset in jail. There isn't much to do so I bet he works out 24:7 and comes back in the best shape of his life. There will be a team(s) that are willing to take the risk on him. They'll be happy when they do, because he is those most exciting player ever to grace the gridiron! Mike is and forever will be my favorite player.

you are forgetting that he was also involved in gambling on the fights. There was a young quarterback, dont remember his name, had a gambling problem and is banned for life. same thing should happen to Vick. no respect whatsover for a fricking coward like him. yes, anybody that mistreats animals like that is a coward.

natsfan1a

« Reply #76: August 20, 2007, 07:26:26 PM »
Sounds like the Pom knows which side her bread is buttered on. :)

Glad that she and Maria have bonded, though.

Maria is doing the same thing with the pom she did with the dead one: SPOIL HER...she does not correct her at all. she corrects Charlie but not the Pom. she does not know how to scold them. she talks to them and thinks that they understand everything she tells them. Charlie is getting some training next month.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #77: August 20, 2007, 08:38:09 PM »
you are forgetting that he was also involved in gambling on the fights. There was a young quarterback, dont remember his name, had a gambling problem and is banned for life. same thing should happen to Vick. no respect whatsover for a fricking coward like him. yes, anybody that mistreats animals like that is a coward.

Art Schlitzer (I don't think I spelled his name correctly).

Offline Ericas Nats

• Only Nationals fan in Seattle! :)
« Reply #78: August 20, 2007, 09:50:30 PM »
give the bastard the chair!

im sorry, but ZERO tollerance for animal abuse!

nospinzone1

« Reply #79: August 20, 2007, 10:52:22 PM »
Art Schlitzer (I don't think I spelled his name correctly).

i think it might be SLICHTER

nospinzone1

« Reply #80: August 20, 2007, 10:53:01 PM »
give the bastard the chair!

im sorry, but ZERO tollerance for animal abuse!

DARN RIGHT

« Reply #81: August 21, 2007, 09:41:57 AM »
Michael Vick will never win a Super Bowl......in the NFL or the Penall League.  You heard that first here, folks.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #82: August 21, 2007, 10:24:17 AM »
Michael Vick will never win a Super Bowl......in the NFL or the Penall League.  You heard that first here, folks.

Lol!  That's a good one!  Yeah, I think he's finished.  He won't be back in the NFL.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #83: August 21, 2007, 10:29:38 AM »

I wouldn't be so sure about this one.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #84: August 21, 2007, 01:39:36 PM »
After dumping Michael Vick's brother as VA Tech's QB after he stomped on an opponent, followed by the campus killings last April, this latest news just adds to the university's sadness.

Virginia Tech's Uncomfortable Vick Legacy
Posted Aug 21st 2007 10:53AM by Charles Rich, AOL

There is a certain obligation to speak of how closely Michael Vick and Virginia Tech are identified, and stress that perhaps no school's rise to national prominence is tied to one player in recent memory. Vick doesn't simply have his number retired. There is a flag with his jersey number flying atop Lane Stadium. It is his name on the the second floor of the Merryman Center. Vick and VT are synonymous.  Before the announcement yesterday, that Michael Vick was pleading guilty to the dog fighting charges, Virginia Tech Coach Frank Beamer could speak of supporting Vick and wanting to avoid any real comments until after all the facts were in (Who knew coachspeak for a player in trouble could continue even after the player left the program?).

After it was announced that Vick would be pleading guilty, Beamer could only issue a brief statement maintaining the lack of facts.  "I, like all people who know and care about Michael Vick, was very disappointed and saddened by the news," Beamer said in a statement released by the university. "Although all the details are not known at this time, I am greatly concerned that Michael has put himself in this position."

VT Athletic Director Jim Weaver doesn't appear to be ready to hide the Michael Vick connection.  Weaver said that although he doesn't condone Vick's actions, he doesn't see a need to lower No. 7 from a place of honor at the Lane Stadium.  "He earned that when he was here, before he ever was involved in these activities," Weaver said Monday....  Tech athletic development director Lu Merritt said Tech is not required to keep Vick's name on the hall. Weaver, though, sees no reason to take Vick's name off it.  "I don't think we do anything at this point," Weaver said. 

Weaver is right not to try and hide or whitewash Vick's legacy at VT. They can distance themselves from the man, from his actions. They can't and shouldn't try to pretend he wasn't a player and student at the school. His achievements at VT are as much a part of his legacy as the brutal and disgusting acts for which he will be going to jail.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #85: August 21, 2007, 01:47:03 PM »
Interesting piece.  I really like the photos you put in there, N2P!  And Dmitri looks really great in that hat!

Also, considering the nature of the probs that Vick's brother had there, you have to wonder what is in their background to elicit such violent actions.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #86: August 21, 2007, 03:07:06 PM »
Vick should and will be banned from football for life. What a maroon he threw away all that money and fame for something both illegal and stupid. Plus he betrayed an organization that so fully stood by him.  Even so it is interesting how much more worked up people will get over animals as opposed to human beings.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #87: August 21, 2007, 03:08:16 PM »
I've always thought that Michael Vick would have benefited from staying at Virginia Tech one more year, instead of leaving early to enter the NFL draft.  (I think he left after his sophomore year.)  The big money was too much to keep him in college, coming from a poor family.  I think he would have played better in the NFL, and he would have been a little more mature when he got the big money. 

Offline JMW IV

« Reply #88: August 21, 2007, 03:16:43 PM »
Vick should be given the harshest punishment possible and should serve as an example to black men everwhere. Stop doing stupid crap and think about the consequences of your actions

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #89: August 21, 2007, 03:30:57 PM »
  Even so it is interesting how much more worked up people will get over animals as opposed to human beings.

You make a fair point, but I'd like to think if somebody were forcing people to fight, then torturing and electrocuting the losers, that there would be plenty of outrage to go around.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #90: August 21, 2007, 03:32:56 PM »
Do ya think?  Outrage would be a mild term to use!  There would be some major expressions of anger if that were the case!  And yes, you make a good point TT.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #91: August 21, 2007, 03:36:30 PM »
... Even so it is interesting how much more worked up people will get over animals as opposed to human beings.

Lethal Weapon 3, given all of the violence and multiple killings in that franchise, made great fun of this.  When Mel Gibson's character, Riggs, a police detective, is confronted by a large vicious dog in a room, he's actually talking about political correctness in movies, and not the police:

Riggs: "We can't shoot a dog. People?  Okay.  But not dogs."

SPOILER: If I remember correctly, he pretended to BE a dog, and ate dog food.  He did NOT shoot the dog.

« Reply #92: August 21, 2007, 03:51:36 PM »
Funny how that article doesn't mention the fact that Marcus Vick also pulled a gun on a 15-Year old kid in the parking lot of a McDonalds for heckling him.

The Vick Brothers...buy a house for mama, go to the Big House themselves. 

Offline kimnat

« Reply #93: August 21, 2007, 05:32:07 PM »
The Vick Brothers...buy a house for mama, go to the Big House themselves. 

QFT!

nospinzone1

« Reply #94: August 21, 2007, 06:39:15 PM »
Interesting piece.  I really like the photos you put in there, N2P!  And Dmitri looks really great in that hat!

Also, considering the nature of the probs that Vick's brother had there, you have to wonder what is in their background to elicit such violent actions.

HE LOOKS LIKE HE NEEDS A HAIRCUT

nospinzone1

« Reply #95: August 21, 2007, 06:40:26 PM »
Vick should and will be banned from football for life. What a maroon he threw away all that money and fame for something both illegal and stupid. Plus he betrayed an organization that so fully stood by him.  Even so it is interesting how much more worked up people will get over animals as opposed to human beings.

MAYBE it is because animals are helpless and more loyal than some human beings. Have you ever owned an anaimal? they give you unconditional love.

nospinzone1

« Reply #96: August 21, 2007, 06:41:58 PM »
Vick should be given the harshest punishment possible and should serve as an example to black men everwhere. Stop doing stupid **** and think about the consequences of your actions

james, you bhave been trying to work the black angle for a while and it does not fit the case. there are thousands of whites that are involved in that type of cruelty and I do not condone them either. it is not a blacdk or white or yellow or any color issue. the issue is CRUELTY AND BREAKING THE LAW.

Offline Ericas Nats

« Reply #97: August 21, 2007, 09:52:08 PM »
Vick should be given the harshest punishment possible and should serve as an example to black men everwhere. Stop doing stupid **** and think about the consequences of your actions

why does it have to be and example to a "black men" dog abuse can be from a "white man". it shouldnt matter what color you're skin is.

if vick was white, i would want the same punishment. i dont care what f-ing color you are.

capitol punishment for child & animal abusers

Offline Ericas Nats

« Reply #98: August 21, 2007, 09:55:34 PM »
oh maybe the will make a movie about vick.

ya know the one where he plays QB for the guards... and all the while he is trying to convince his team/cell mates that he didnt FIX those dog fights....................

Offline JMW IV

« Reply #99: August 21, 2007, 11:22:29 PM »
1- my name is john not james. 2-you are in denial if you think that this would be the same media circus if vick were white. Sure he would get the same punishment but the grandstanding would be lesser. BUT THAT ISNT EVEN MY POINT and it doesnt change the evil of his actions.  I say "for black men everywhere" because vick is one and there are far more young blacks who look up to him. Of course all of this will fall on deaf ears just like my agreement that vick should be severely punished. because you all are too busy ranting about the death penalty and plugging your ears when someone says the R WORD. Meh whatever