Author Topic: Donating to WNFF  (Read 13380 times)

Offline Obed_Marsh

Re: Donating to WNFF
« Reply #25: January 28, 2011, 11:12:26 AM »
...but there will never be ads on this site.  Just not going to happen.

:clap: :clap:

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #26: January 28, 2011, 11:17:08 AM »
How's this as a mock T-Shirt?

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/customize/product.aspx?number=504721435&utm_medium=cp_social&utm_source=addthis&utm_campaign=CreateAndBuyPDP

I'm sure someone else could come up with a better design, but I thought I'd put something together to give people an idea of what we could do.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #27: January 28, 2011, 11:36:19 AM »
Is that link right? I'm seeing a shirt with a tree and a rainbow.

Oh okay, if I highlight the shirt sizes I see it. 

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #28: January 28, 2011, 11:42:05 AM »
but there will never be ads on this site.  Just not going to happen.

Maybe ads can be allowed in the winter league thread.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #29: January 28, 2011, 11:44:10 AM »

:thumbs:

Seriously, though, the amazon link is awesome because I don't have money to give but I buy necessities from Amazon all the time. Chief just gets a cut of that.

Maybe someone with some spare time wants to set it up :whistle:

Offline spidernat

« Reply #30: January 28, 2011, 11:44:37 AM »
How's this as a mock T-Shirt?

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/customize/product.aspx?number=504721435&utm_medium=cp_social&utm_source=addthis&utm_campaign=CreateAndBuyPDP

I'm sure someone else could come up with a better design, but I thought I'd put something together to give people an idea of what we could do.

Can you do some for individual members, (like one can be the Lerner testicle loofah and his partner in crime can be the Lerner cock ring)?

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #31: January 28, 2011, 11:49:19 AM »
Is that link right? I'm seeing a shirt with a tree and a rainbow.

Oh okay, if I highlight the shirt sizes I see it. 

It should look like this.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #32: January 28, 2011, 12:17:11 PM »
It should look like this.

(Image removed from quote.)

In the case of that example, you should probably add ".net" after the "WNFF", perhaps in a smaller font (matter of taste).  I am also of the opinion that if you're trying to advertise something, it should always go on the back of a shirt, not the front.  After all, who's going to stare at your chest long enough to read something?

Whatever the joke is, it went over my head :-[

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #33: January 28, 2011, 12:18:30 PM »
In the case of that example, you should probably add ".net" after the "WNFF", perhaps in a smaller font (matter of taste).  I am also of the opinion that if you're trying to advertise something, it should always go on the back of a shirt, not the front.  After all, who's going to stare at your chest long enough to read something?

Dang it now I'm wondering what happened to that girl who registered, made fun of sportsfan882, and then left after three four posts.
http://www.wnff.net/index.php?action=profile;u=7882

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #34: January 28, 2011, 12:31:53 PM »
In the case of that example, you should probably add ".net" after the "WNFF", perhaps in a smaller font (matter of taste).  I am also of the opinion that if you're trying to advertise something, it should always go on the back of a shirt, not the front.  After all, who's going to stare at your chest long enough to read something?

I have no problems with someone else doing a design... I just wanted to get a mock up for others to see what we could do.

Truth be told, I'd rather you just set up a WNFF paypal account so we can donate money to the site.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #35: January 28, 2011, 12:35:40 PM »

Whatever the joke is, it went over my head :-[
Winter league uniforms are absolutely covered with ads.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #36: January 28, 2011, 01:03:02 PM »
  After all, who's going to stare at your chest long enough to read something?

http://www.wnff.net/index.php/topic,6521.new.html#quickreply

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #40: January 28, 2011, 09:17:01 PM »
I personally don't care about ads, unless they either are videos, make any sort of noise, or pop up on the screen (forcing you to hit the little x). And obviously not pop-ups.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #41: January 29, 2011, 07:33:30 AM »
Instead of fees, there should be fines associated with each deleted/moved post.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #42: January 29, 2011, 07:49:08 AM »
As you can see from my forum profile at another SMF discussion board I frequent (<-link), I am a "subscriber," ie, I pay a certain amount a year from my poor student budget ($50) to support the board. Subscribers get pretty much no perks beyond a giant PM inbox and a little icon under their names. There's no prestige boost associated with these and I honestly have no clue who else is a subscriber because I never look.

Now, the other board I visit has running costs of $2000/yr rather than just $475/yr. But I think our community here at WNFF is devoted and close enough that if, for example, the "Subscription" option was ten bucks, you'd have enough people volunteer, out of sheer goodwill and love of the forum, to knock that price down by half.

I do get the banning issue, though. The forum I linked to above is about classical music, and since we're all nerdy old geezers who play Bach all day  :lol: , only one person has been banned in the last 3-4 years. (Two more got warnings and one crackpot who was trying to convince us that Mozart was a hoax voluntarily left after everyone, including management, begged him to.)

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #43: January 29, 2011, 08:35:08 AM »
hm a classical music board sounds fun. unfortunately i don't have the time.

Offline blue911

« Reply #44: January 29, 2011, 09:46:42 AM »
As you can see from my forum profile at another SMF discussion board I frequent (<-link), I am a "subscriber," ie, I pay a certain amount a year from my poor student budget ($50) to support the board. Subscribers get pretty much no perks beyond a giant PM inbox and a little icon under their names. There's no prestige boost associated with these and I honestly have no clue who else is a subscriber because I never look.

Now, the other board I visit has running costs of $2000/yr rather than just $475/yr. But I think our community here at WNFF is devoted and close enough that if, for example, the "Subscription" option was ten bucks, you'd have enough people volunteer, out of sheer goodwill and love of the forum, to knock that price down by half.

I do get the banning issue, though. The forum I linked to above is about classical music, and since we're all nerdy old geezers who play Bach all day  :lol: , only one person has been banned in the last 3-4 years. (Two more got warnings and one crackpot who was trying to convince us that Mozart was a hoax voluntarily left after everyone, including management, begged him to.)

Mozart is totally overrated, his piano concertos are purely a result of his home court advantages. Put him in a neutral court and he's nothing more than Victor Borge in a wig.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #45: January 29, 2011, 10:12:25 AM »
Mozart is totally overrated, his piano concertos are purely a result of his home court advantages. Put him in a neutral court and he's nothing more than Victor Borge in a wig.

Victor Borge! The man who made Dean Martin cry:

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #46: January 29, 2011, 10:37:22 AM »
I listed to a fair amount of classical music but the genre is huge and intimidating. I'll have to wander around those forums some.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #47: January 29, 2011, 10:52:34 AM »
I listed to a fair amount of classical music but the genre is huge and intimidating. I'll have to wander around those forums some.

Yeah, that crowd has been my guide to exploring classical for nearly 6 years.

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #48: February 01, 2011, 09:23:55 PM »
I got an album today of 50 songs on iTunes of classical songs for 6 dollars... I already had about 6 or 7 of the songs, but it was still worth it. London Philharmonic, 50 most popular songs of all time.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #49: February 01, 2011, 09:29:02 PM »
I got an album today of 50 songs on iTunes of classical songs for 6 dollars... I already had about 6 or 7 of the songs, but it was still worth it. London Philharmonic, 50 most popular songs of all time.
I'd pay that.  I'll look it up later.