Author Topic: Have a seat at the bar.  (Read 79736 times)

Offline Dave B

Re: Have a seat at the bar.
« Reply #100: October 10, 2009, 03:10:02 PM »
so you don't like Orange Juice.  Try Vodka with a juice that you DO like.  Vodka mixes well with pretty much everything.

most people I've seen drink Vodka with Cranberry juice.  some with Pineapple juice. one of my regular bar customers drinks his with grapefruit juice.

well of course there no "need" to drink.  just like there is no "need" to post on a message board, but you do that, right?

it's just something you do for enjoyment. whether you enjoy the sensation of being drunk, or you just enjoy the taste of a well-made cocktail.

you don't have to go out and get hammered in order to be someone who "drinks". there's nothing wrong with enjoying a drink or two and then going about your business. plenty of people do it.

personally, I don't drink all the time, and I don't go out and have a lot of drinks at once. but I'll enjoy a cocktail every once in a while. especially now that I'm bartending, i need to know what all the liquors taste like, so I'm starting to drink just a little bit more often.

anyone who "needs" to drink is in serious trouble.

I would contend that sportsfan needs to drink or smoke weed.  And I find it fitting that he is repulsed by something as benign as a screwdriver.  Do you like chocolate or anything else that is generally accepted as awesome?  I think you said you liked rice once and that kind of blew my mind. Nothing wrong with rice, but it is an odd favorite food.

We should play a game "What drink or anything else would sportsfan like?"

Possibly Michelob Ultra diluted to half its potency, then frozen and blended into a slushie? Or maybe he would actually like mooshine just so he could be like "God, that's awful. I hate it so much I love it! Uggghhhhhh! Yeeahhhhhhhhhhhh! freak Shaone Morrissonn (Caps Dman SF hates)!"