Author Topic: **WNFF MARCH MADNESS 2014 CBS NCAA BRACKET CONTEST - FREE**  (Read 2427 times)

Offline nats2playoffs

We used this CBS Bracket group in 2012 and 2013. Go to:
http://wnff.mayhem.cbssports.com

League name: Washington Nationals Fan Forum
Password: zimmerman
League abbreviation: wnff

First Place: Bragging rights only.
Second place:  "I could have won if only..."
Third  place: I got Third Place.

I set this up with the Add Seed Scoring option, which rewards picking upsets.  Examples: If a 12 seed beats a 5 seed, you add 12 points.  If the 5 seed wins, add 5 points to the basic score (which a commissioner can control, unlike ESPN):

"First" Round:      We don't pick the 4 play-in games
Second Round:    5 points
Third Round:     10
Fourth Round:   15
Fifth Round:      20
SemiFinals:        25
Finals:                30
Tiebreaker: Total score in final

I just sent Invitations from the 2012-2013 email addresses CBS had on file. 
Entry must be created before the first game this Thursday March 20, 2014
You have to set up or log in to a CBS Sports ID.

Last year I set up brackets publicly posted for celebrities, including ESPN's Joe Lunardi, President Barack Obama, and TV Analyst & NBA Hall of Famer Charles Barkley.

SEND ME A PM (with a valid email address to use) IF YOU CANNOT SIGN UP WITHOUT AN INVITATION. (I can add offline players, if I know their picks, which is how the celebrities are added.)

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
I have a bracket filled out but cannot seem to join the group....

Offline nats2playoffs

I have a bracket filled out but cannot seem to join the group....
If you had a team last year, you should be able to log in, enter your personal password for the CBS ID, and add a bracket.  It still shows the Standings for prior years, with the names of who submitted them.

You could send me a PM with the name used for your team, since a lot of people used their real names.

:pimp:   

Offline nats2playoffs

President Barack Obama released his March Madness Bracket this morning. It will be entered in the WNFF Bracket Contest. Obama's 2013 finished second, behind our top post, ESPN's Bracketologist, Joe Lunardi:

Obama has two 12's winning the "second" round (the first full round), Harvard and North Dakota State.

Offline nats2playoffs

Tip off of first game today is 12:15 pm, so Washington Nationals Fan Forum Bracket on CBS Sports Fantasy should be posted before then. 

I can add someone's bracket after that time by using Commissioner control. That's how I add celebrity brackets.

Now posted in our contest:
Redskins' Backup Quarterback Kirk Cousins' Bracket - He picks #1 Arizona to beat #1 Florida in the Final:

ESPN Bracketology Guru Joe Lunardi, who had the top score in the WNFF Challenge - Joe picks #1 Florida to beat #4 Louisville.

Former Coach Gary Williams (Maryland, American U, Boston College, Ohio St), who picks Florida to beat Louisville.

We have 6 entries from WNFF members, 3 from friends, and 3 celebrities.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!

Offline nats2playoffs

CBS - SOUTH: #6 Ohio State vs #11 Dayton started at 12:15 pm, in Buffalo, New York.

truTV - MIDWEST: #16 American vs #2 Wisconsin starts the dance for the first DC team at 12:40 pm, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

American University Dance Team - LET's DANCE!

Offline nats2playoffs

American U. humiliates themselves, losing to Wisconsin by 40, 75-35.

AU graduates one senior starter, so this won't help improve seeding, if they win the Patriot League again in 2015. AU led 17-10 in the first half. CBS talked about that senior's one-handed free throw method.

AU Coach Mike Brennan suggested center Tony Wroblicky (the only starting senior) reconfigure his free-throw shooting form. Brennan instructed the 6-foot-10 Wroblicky to use only his left hand, keep the elbow under the ball and use one fluid motion. "He just had me shoot with one hand just to get the kinks out of it," Wroblicky said. "He never told me to stop. He told me to continue doing that. It's his baby."

The results have been remarkable. Wroblicky shot just 52.2% from the line last season (35 of 67) and a combined 55.1% in his first three seasons (65 of 118). He entered the NCAA game vs Wisconsin at 72.0% (85 of 118).

Offline nats2playoffs

HTT leads the WNFF Bracket Contest after Day One, with 14 correct out of 16 games. ESPN's Bracketology expert, Joe Lunardi, also had 14, as did Barrack Obama.

I added the handwritten bracket of Charles Barkley, NBA Hall of Famer and CBS analyst. He's currently in last place on WNFF.

Friday March 21st's action starts on TruTV with #6 Baylor vs #11 Nebraska. Baylor beat Kentucky & Iowa State during the season. Nebraska beat Wisconsin and Michigan State.

The Baylor Bears' 7' 1" sophomore center, Isaiah Austin, is BLIND in his right eye, and wears a patch on it. He averages 10.6 points/game, 5.5 rebounds/game and 1.3 assists.

Offline nats2playoffs

#14 Mercer UPSETS #3 Duke!

Offline nats2playoffs

ESPN's Bracketology expert, Joe Lunardi, leads the WNFF Bracket Contest after the Round of 64 with 26 correct out of 32 games.
Sportsfan882 had 25 correct, as did Barrack Obama, Kirk Cousins, and both Mickey the Dog and Mickey the Dog (3).

CALSGR8 is in 3rd with points now with points, but had VCU and American in her Final Four (bless her heart!)

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Rooting for locals and "people I know or root for went there"

Soooo.  Storen went to Stanford.  Stras to San Diego State.  Obama to Harvard.  A friend's Dad teaches at Michigan, etc.

Offline nats2playoffs

After Round 2 (round of 32):
Lintyfresh85 has taken the lead with 34 correct and 375 points, and Florida (148) predicted as champion.
ESPN's Joe Lunardi is 2nd with 35 correct and 374 points; Florida (131).
sportsfan882 is 3rd with 34 correct and 364 points; Florida (142).

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
And whos fourth?  And going down hill,...

Offline nats2playoffs

Results After Round 3, Sweet 16[/b]:

Lintyfresh85 remains in the lead with 39 correct and 460 points, and Florida (148) predicted as champion.
ESPN's Joe Lunardi is 2nd with 39 correct and 442 points; Florida (131).
Charles Barkley is 3rd with 37 correct and 424 points; Florida (131).
Barrack Obama is 4th with 38 correct and 423 points; Michigan State (135).
sportsfan882 is 5th with 36 correct and 397 points; Florida (142).
mickey the dog (3) is 6th with 36 correct and 393 points; Michigan State (131). this entry has the Best Possible Score of 570.

Dayton Flyers sneak into the Elite 8 as an 11 Seed

Offline nats2playoffs

FINAL Results After UConn beats Kentucky in the 2014 Championship:

Lintyfresh85 WINS with 40 correct and 481 points, and Florida (148) predicted as champion.
ESPN's Joe Lunardi is 2nd with 40 correct and 463 points; Florida (131).
Charles Barkley is 3rd with 38 correct and 445 points; Florida (131).
Barrack Obama is 4th with 39 correct and 444 points; Michigan State (135).
sportsfan882 is 5th with 37 correct and 418 points; Florida (142).
mickey the dog (3) is 6th with 37 correct and 414 points; Michigan State (131).

UConn is 2014 Champion as a 7 seed