Author Topic: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!  (Read 417027 times)

Offline Ohio_Nats_Fan

Re: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #1900: April 09, 2012, 04:07:08 PM »
Hello All!  I'm a Nats fan up here in Ohio....  I have family that live 5 minutes from the stadium that have converted me to a Nats fan.  Go Nats!!!

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #1901: April 09, 2012, 04:09:31 PM »
Hello All!  I'm a Nats fan up here in Ohio....  I have family that live 5 minutes from the stadium that have converted me to a Nats fan.  Go Nats!!!

Welcome .... what part of Ohio?    I was born in Eastern Ohio  ...

EDIT:   I see the Central OH comment.   Nevermind   :)

Offline saltydad

« Reply #1902: April 10, 2012, 01:30:27 AM »
Welcome to all the new wnff'ers! I know you'll enjoy your stay with us. Many find that entering and posting on the gameday threads is a great way to start.

Offline 0ricky0

« Reply #1903: April 11, 2012, 10:13:34 PM »
Hey fellow Nats fans!!!!

I'm originally from the Fairfax area, but haven't lived in my beloved state for over 9 years now. I didn't really become interested in the Nats, or baseball in general, until I went back home last summer to visit my family. My younger brother took my to my first game against the Mariners last June, and the rest is history. My interest in this team has grown this year as my love of the Skins is currently on vacation. I hope to learn a lot from you guys, but most of all, I can't wait to represent our team whenever they come to play out in my neck of the woods. Thanks for allowing me to join your family here at WNFF!!!

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #1904: April 11, 2012, 10:14:56 PM »
Welcome.  Feel free to hop right in on the game day thread for tomorrow's home opener!

Offline 0ricky0

« Reply #1905: April 11, 2012, 10:16:46 PM »
Thank you. Not sure if I'll participate too much as I work nights, but I'll be on for the Saturday game.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #1906: April 11, 2012, 10:17:38 PM »
Thank you. Not sure if I'll participate too much as I work nights, but I'll be on for the Saturday game.

Which Mariners game did you go to?  Those games were a real treat.  Welcome aboard!

Offline 0ricky0

« Reply #1907: April 11, 2012, 10:22:52 PM »
The afternoon game on June 23rd. We took Metro from Springfield really early as I wanted to get there when the gates opened to walk around the park. Slow game up until the end when we finally scored the only run to win the game. I had seats out in section 104 and got to talk to Storen out on the field before the game.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #1908: April 11, 2012, 10:23:21 PM »
Hey fellow Nats fans!!!!

I'm originally from the Fairfax area, but haven't lived in my beloved state for over 9 years now. I didn't really become interested in the Nats, or baseball in general, until I went back home last summer to visit my family. My younger brother took my to my first game against the Mariners last June, and the rest is history. My interest in this team has grown this year as my love of the Skins is currently on vacation. I hope to learn a lot from you guys, but most of all, I can't wait to represent our team whenever they come to play out in my neck of the woods. Thanks for allowing me to join your family here at WNFF!!!

welcome aboard!

Offline Nathan

« Reply #1909: April 11, 2012, 10:25:16 PM »

So do I, doesn't stop me. :mg: 

Hell, I'm at work now :couch:

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #1910: April 11, 2012, 10:25:39 PM »
Welcome Ohio and O_Rickey (isn't there a song about Rickey?  Doh! Its O Mickey.  Oh well).  ;)

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1911: April 11, 2012, 10:26:02 PM »
Greetings fellow Nats fanatics. Longtime lurker, first time poster here. Born and raised an O's fan here in DC and converted to the Nats on September 29th, 2004.

My best friend is a regional scout for the Nats, so I will share whatever inside info I can without compromising his identity.

Looking forward to the season, Lets Go Nats!

Get this man a pass to the Uncensored section where he can start dishing the inside info on the down low.

Offline 0ricky0

« Reply #1912: April 11, 2012, 10:32:46 PM »
So do I, doesn't stop me. :mg: 

Hell, I'm at work now :couch:
.     Now that's dedication!!! I'm trying to convince the wife to buy me the MLB package so I can catch games out here. Having to hear about the A's and Giants non-stop gets old after awhile.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #1913: April 11, 2012, 10:41:52 PM »
If you've got an iPhone or an Android phone and buy the MLB app you can get the radio broadcasts, Charlie and Dave (our radio guys) are really top notch.  I stream them on my iPhone and have gameday up at work to follow 5 games a week.  I prefer them over the TV guys.

Offline 0ricky0

« Reply #1914: April 11, 2012, 10:48:31 PM »
Okay. I've got an old iPhone to watch these on. By any chance, does this package allow me to watch on my computer as well?

Offline Nathan

« Reply #1915: April 11, 2012, 10:53:35 PM »
Okay. I've got an old iPhone to watch these on. By any chance, does this package allow me to watch on my computer as well?

Paying $15 for the MLB app gives you just the audio and there is usually a "Free game of the day" you can watch.  The full MLB.tv sub is something like $125 for the season, and gets you all the games, free access to the MLB app (no $15 charge to get the full thing), as well as watching on your PC, Roku player, PS3, or Xbox 360.  You also get archived games so you can go back and watch the game if you missed it when it was live.  The MLB.tv sub also includes gameday audio so you can listen to the radio feed instead of watching.

Radio feed is always available, but live video feeds are subject to blackout (you can't watch live if you live in MD, VA, or DC).  Should rarely be a problem for you since you don't live in the area.  I'm not sure when/if the Nats play the A's or Giants this year.

Offline 0ricky0

« Reply #1916: April 11, 2012, 11:40:26 PM »
Wow, I appreciate the info Nathan. Guess I should have done the research myself instead of asking, but nonetheless, thank you for the help. I'll try the cheaper option of just live audio for now and go from there. I'm usually forced to watch skins games from live streaming but the quality is always sketchy at best.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #1917: April 11, 2012, 11:55:09 PM »
Wow, I appreciate the info Nathan. Guess I should have done the research myself instead of asking, but nonetheless, thank you for the help. I'll try the cheaper option of just live audio for now and go from there. I'm usually forced to watch skins games from live streaming but the quality is always sketchy at best.

The quality on MLB.tv is fine from the archives, I don't use it live, I share it with another poster who lives out of the area, so maybe he can chime in on that.

If you always have access to a computer, you can get audio for that for $20 instead of the 15$ app.  The only bad thing is that they don't cross over.  IE having the app doesn't give you the computer audio and having the computer audio doesn't give you the app audio.  Which sucks since you'd have to pay $35 total to have radio on the go and on the PC if you really needed it.

I have some clips of some calls if you want to hear what the radio guys sound like ;)

Offline 0ricky0

« Reply #1918: April 12, 2012, 12:16:19 AM »
If it isn't any trouble I'd love to hear some audio from the radio commentary. Well I appreciate you're help, along with the warm welcome, but I don't want to hijack this thread anymore as it's for introductions.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1919: April 12, 2012, 06:41:54 AM »
I've had trouble with the radio on the MLB app dropping out frequently and needing to be restarted, the audio is also a bit off with the voices sounding deeper than normal.  I've been wondering if I'm the only one with the problem.

Offline bomf

• Nats fan in enemy territory.
« Reply #1920: April 12, 2012, 12:43:29 PM »
Hi,

My name is Ruben, and I'm based in the NYC area.  Nice to find an active Nats board to follow.  Even nicer to watch the Nats take a series from the Mets on the road this week.  The future is looking very bright.   :D

Offline mitlen

« Reply #1921: April 12, 2012, 01:00:09 PM »
Hi,

My name is Ruben, and I'm based in the NYC area.  Nice to find an active Nats board to follow.  Even nicer to watch the Nats take a series from the Mets on the road this week.  The future is looking very bright.   :D

Welcome and get on over to the Gameday thread.

Offline Petwerth

« Reply #1922: April 13, 2012, 04:37:56 PM »
I've read these boards off and on over the last few years, but finally registered today. Long-time message boarder at another place but looking to branch out from there. Live on the green line in DC and go to as many games as possible.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #1923: April 13, 2012, 04:49:48 PM »
I've read these boards off and on over the last few years, but finally registered today. Long-time message boarder at another place but looking to branch out from there. Live on the green line in DC and go to as many games as possible.

Petwerth (literally or figuratively)  ...   the place or a play on the name?    Welcome aboard

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1924: April 13, 2012, 08:53:21 PM »

Welcome to WNFF.

Have you lived on the MLB board previously?