Author Topic: Official "Build WNFF into something More" thread  (Read 13811 times)

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
This thread is for brainstorming on ways to build WNFF into a full-fledged site, from its current Message Board Only status.

Feel free to make suggestions, exchange ideas, volunteer support and/or time, and argue the merits of said ideas in a peaceful and civilized manner.

thanks!

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Official "Build WNFF into something More" thread
« Reply #1: August 02, 2006, 09:51:32 PM »
bump for JMad :eek: :D

Offline Ericas Nats

• Only Nationals fan in Seattle! :)
« Reply #2: August 02, 2006, 10:59:06 PM »
i know i emailed chief a while ago about getting a live game day chat for the game threads... :-)

Offline The Chief

« Reply #3: August 02, 2006, 11:19:26 PM »
Quote from: "Erica's Nats"
i know i emailed chief a while ago about getting a live game day chat for the game threads... :-)

And I responded if I remember correctly ;)

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #4: August 03, 2006, 01:42:24 AM »
Good idea!  Take your time, because this site is already great as is!

Offline Ericas Nats

• Only Nationals fan in Seattle! :)
« Reply #5: August 03, 2006, 10:53:03 PM »
Quote from: "The Chief"
Quote from: "Erica's Nats"

And I responded if I remember correctly ;)

oh you did! :-D

ive been so busy with starting a new job up!! forgot about it...

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #6: August 11, 2006, 12:42:46 AM »
Nah, just keep the site the same.  Or make it bigger, but keep the same exact forum.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #7: August 11, 2006, 09:33:43 AM »
We would keep the forum, but add a website to it. Maybe the website could have Nationals scores and recaps, or something. News posted there. I don't know.

ChestRockwell

« Reply #8: August 15, 2006, 12:42:47 PM »
Quote from: "Nats19"
We would keep the forum, but add a website to it. Maybe the website could have Nationals scores and recaps, or something. News posted there. I don't know.

and a Screech growth chart  :lol:

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #9: August 15, 2006, 01:46:43 PM »
We could have a "team frustration meter" where we show how pissed off the team is at each other, the opponent, management, and the media.

:)

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #10: August 15, 2006, 02:43:34 PM »
Quote from: "Nats19"
We could have a "team frustration meter" where we show how pissed off the team is at each other, the opponent, management, and the media.

« Reply #11: August 15, 2006, 05:06:41 PM »
How bout a page just of "Nat Fan pics".  Not pictures of the field, or of players, but of sent in pictures of Nats fans in gear or showing their Nats shrines at home, showing team spirit, etc.?  

I find those a lot more interesting than repeat pictures of Soriano and Zimmerman walking out of the dugout or doing on field drills or scenic views of RFK.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #12: August 15, 2006, 05:13:35 PM »
Quote from: "Nat of the LivingDead"
How bout a page just of "Nat Fan pics".  Not pictures of the field, or of players, but of sent in pictures of Nats fans in gear or showing their Nats shrines at home, showing team spirit, etc.?  

I find those a lot more interesting than repeat pictures of Soriano and Zimmerman walking out of the dugout or doing on field drills or scenic views of RFK.
Now that's an idea.  That is...if everybody really wanted everybody to know how ugly they are in person.   :lol:

Offline The Chief

« Reply #13: August 15, 2006, 06:12:36 PM »
Quote from: "Senators2005"

Now that's an idea.  That is...if everybody really wanted everybody to know how ugly they are in person.   :lol:

That's why you stand *behind* the lens and don't take pictures of any reflective surfaces ;)

It is a good idea though.  We've had several good member ideas and I'm looking forward to working on some of them once I get this whole moving and job-changing business over and done with  :oops:

« Reply #14: August 15, 2006, 09:30:48 PM »
Quote from: "Senators2005"

Come on, take one for the team.  :lol:  :wink:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #15: August 16, 2006, 09:50:22 AM »
Quote from: "The Chief"

That's why you stand *behind* the lens and don't take pictures of any reflective surfaces ;)

Check out my half smoke menu picture, you'll see my ghost in the window.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #16: September 08, 2006, 09:16:50 AM »
bump for this thread.

Offline ZIM4MVP

i would def. like to see this become a full fan site, im tired of going to nationals.com and looking through pages of BS.

Offline ZIM4MVP

team up with thehogs.net and build a full nationals fan page

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Why team up with anybody? Creating our own fan page would make more sense. That way we would have more control over content, plus it would be 100% Washington Nationals and not part Nats and part something else.

The Forum could be just one section of the site, with members making suggestions for the other sections. In the end, users would be able to either link directly to the forum, or to the main fan page, where they'd have more options.

Offline saltydad

Why team up with anybody? Creating our own fan page would make more sense. That way we would have more control over content, plus it would be 100% Washington Nationals and not part Nats and part something else.

The Forum could be just one section of the site, with members making suggestions for the other sections. In the end, users would be able to either link directly to the forum, or to the main fan page, where they'd have more options.

Sounds great, but also sounds like one hell of a lot of work. I know WNFF has the talent; how about the time?

Offline ZIM4MVP

i didnt mean make it a part of their site, i just meant see if they are nats fans and would be interested in helping out, they have a great site over there

We certainly have enough journalists, bloggers, screenwriters, etc.  They are a resource.  Use them.

Editorials, game recaps, minor league reports, etc. all hand written by our members.  Heck, we already basically do this already in the threads of this forum.

I volunteer my time for something like this.

MrMadison

talk of NOTLD's new Blog has me thinking.

how many people do we have that would be willing to commit some time and words to a WNFF Community Blog through someplace like say..WordPress?

I'll give an example of such a thing...

http://www.rangerfans.com/

it's a real simple blog, with links on the side, and a sizeable Forum Community behind it.

we've got the Forum Community, and I think we've got enough people to contribute to something like this, and all the different viewpoints could possibly make for some good reading for Nats fans.

thoughts?

Offline ronnynat

Awesome idea.  I'm in if it ever got started.