Poll

When will NBA negotiations come to agreement and the  Wizards Season start?

Nov 2011
0 (0%)
Dec 2011
0 (0%)
Jan 2012
0 (0%)
Not gonna happen this season
2 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: September 29, 2011, 10:03:56 AM

Author Topic: NBA - Washington Wizards 2011-2012 Season- THEY'RE BACK........  (Read 15733 times)

Offline HalfSmokes

Ernie got an extension- apparently incompetence does get rewarded

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
Ernie got an extension- apparently incompetence does get rewarded

...and what timing - Wizards won at Cleveland last night to make it five in a row.

Season finale is tonight against the Heat (tip-off 20.00) - which is good news for Nats supporters too because after tonight there'll be no more FM-106.7 pre-emptions by the Wizards for the rest of the season.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
It would be cool to see us beat the Heat tonight and finish with 6 straight.

Offline HalfSmokes

after this year two more left of the great wall experiment- hopefully we win the lottery and put something together fast

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
after this year two more left of the great wall experiment- hopefully we win the lottery and put something together fast

Agreed. I didn't expect Wall to do anything fantastic for this team like carrying them but I did expect this team to be better quicker so that he could be the support/role player he is. Unfortunately, that didn't happen.

Offline HalfSmokes

the one upside is we won't have to listen to the national media speculating about when he'll be dealt. Maybe with a really good wing player he could trust, wall would be able to shine.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
the one upside is we won't have to listen to the national media speculating about when he'll be dealt. Maybe with a really good wing player he could trust, wall would be able to shine.

Yeah really. Nene is pretty set for C. I like him there. I think Seraphin and Booker are miles ahead of Blatche and they are great at PF/ spelling C. Crawford is decent and, IMO, could stay a starter only if we actually got a scoring SF. I feel like our SF depth is so weak (probably because it is). I like Singleton a lot but he shouldn't be starting and it seems like Vesely really shouldn't either.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
yeah!! our starting 5 is better than the Heat bench!!

Offline HalfSmokes

Not much, but it's something

Offline OldChelsea

And it is official: 2011-12 Charlotte Bobcats are the NBA's worst ever, following 23rd straight loss (to Knicks)...finish 7-59 (.106), surpassing 1972-73 76ers by four percentage points (9-73, .110).

The whole sad story, match by match: http://espn.go.com/nba/team/schedule/_/name/cha/charlotte-bobcats

Offline OldChelsea

Offline HalfSmokes

Looks like the league repaid the hornets for staying in new Orleans and Ernie gets the number three to blow on a useless euro

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
celtics-heat game has been fantastic so far

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Why is Lebron taking a fade away jumper at the end of the game? Drive to the basket idiot brain

Offline imref

Why is Lebron taking a fade away jumper at the end of the game? Drive to the basket idiot brain

was there any doubt that he'd miss?

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
was there any doubt that he'd miss?

None

Zero

You ain't Kobe son

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Celtics are done, running on fumes

Offline imref

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
I don't mind the #3 pick. Maybe the Wizards can pick Barnes or something.

Offline HalfSmokes

whatever gets them to the playoffs next season (the only mock I saw had them taking Drummond with barnes going 2)

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
whatever gets them to the playoffs next season (the only mock I saw had them taking Drummond with barnes going 2)

Yeah I saw a mock like that. We might've seen the same one. Either way, I think the top 3 picks are all something we could use whether its Davis, Barnes, Drummond, or Kidd-Gilcrist.

Offline ronnynat

I like Barnes, but I think Perry Jones has the most potential of all of the small forwards. They need to draft Robinson if he's still available, though.

Offline HalfSmokes

Yeah I saw a mock like that. We might've seen the same one. Either way, I think the top 3 picks are all something we could use whether its Davis, Barnes, Drummond, or Kidd-Gilcrist.

I don't follow college closely enough, but Simmons was saying Drummond had some quit in him- kwame came up in the discussion- hopefully he's full of it

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.

Barnes looked like trash down the stretch. I'd be more comftorable with Kidd-Gilchrest or Robinson. Whichever is available.

Offline amanuel

• what the hell is going on out there?
    • RBSL
David Stern to Jim Rome after being asked if the lottery was fixed, "Do you still beat your wife?"  :lmao:

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/061312-David-Stern.mp3