Author Topic: Favorite sports team...  (Read 2674 times)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Re: Favorite sports team...
« Reply #25: March 01, 2012, 12:17:31 PM »
So the Sawx and Nats meet in WS, you're pulling for Sawx :popcorn:

I can't believe you even had to ask.  :lmao:

For me it's a no brainer. I have been obsessed with the Redskins since before my balls dropped so they are tops for me. I don't miss games. I've missed all sorts of family gatherings and crap of that nature because they happened during Redskins games. By now, if they want my attendance, things have to be scheduled around games. When I was a kid I was in trouble all the time and nothing my pops did could get me to stop. Then one day he figured that the way to make a statement was to hit me where it hurt and he imposed an alternative grounding. He told me I couldn't watch the Skins game until further notice so I had to listen to TWO games on the radio! I freaking suffered for two weeks (Skins lost both games and had been 6-2 before that :?). I was plotting all types of crap because I was determined not to miss the next game. Good thing my pops came to his senses before the next game and he never imposed that punishment again. About five years ago this chick I was beginning to date tried to test my love for the Skins (or perhaps test how I felt about her) by holding out that first "shot" to see if I would stick to my guns when finally offered the holy grail during a Redskins game. She denied the accusation but I cannot believe it was coincidence and I'm certain she knew what the freak she was doing and was testing me. I failed her test and she failed mine. Anyway, she came over and offered the prize in the first quarter of the game. I went the freak off and ripped her because I had been adamant about the sanctity of game time. She apologized and insisted she had forgotten the game was on. I sort of regretted being so harsh with her later since it was only the first preseason game of the season and the first quarter was almost over. I could easily have waited until the first quarter was over and just watched the replay of the rest later. But I felt I had to make a point a set the pace early. Otherwise, I may lived to regret the precedent.