Author Topic: Washington Redskins Thread (2012)  (Read 96673 times)

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Re: Washington Redskins Thread (2012)
« Reply #925: September 28, 2012, 06:43:15 PM »
Terpfan76 is a company guy.  :lol:

Terpfan, if you think Nnamdi Asomugha is a legit cover corner then you must be related to Dan Snyder. Also, any perceptive Redskin fan who watched every snap of Champ Bailey's time here and even beyond can tell that Champ Bailey also was a hype created "cover corner". The funny thing is that the idiot that was doing MNF in 2000 (that clown Dennis Miller character) was the one who started the myth of Champ Bailey being the heir apparent to Darrell Green and Deion Sanders and people bought into that crap for the rest of Bailey's career.  :lmao:  Bailey has capitalized on it though. Champ Bailey was constantly getting owned for first down after first down. But in this media hype era all you need to do is make a play here and there to show up on ESPN highlights shows to build a reputation. Revis is the cream of the crop for sure. There are a few others though that merit mention. Brandon Flowers (Chiefs), Antonio Cromartie (Jets), Tramon Williams (Packers, when healthy) and I'd keep a close eye on the Seahawks' Richard Sherman and Brandon Browner. Charles Woodson was another beast at the CB position but he's way past his prime and is now playing safety.

I'm not a company man dude, come on, you know that. I loved Champ and believe he was a top corner, maybe not Deion or Rod Woodson like, but he was elite. Revis is the best and Nnamdi was a top corner and still is considered to be a top corner, but what I was getting at is that there are what, a handful at most legit "shutdown corners" in the league. I agree with you, the Seattle guys look good but not great. There again though, Browner was undrafted. Tramon Williams? Undrafted. Brandon Flowers? Second Round. Cromartie was the 19th overall pick. It just goes to show that high draft picks don't always give you elite corners.

Sure it'll suck not having those picks, but if Griffin ends up as good as it appears he will be, it'll be well worth it. We just need to get better value out of the picks we do have. Hell, we did a decent job with last years picks considering they've all gotten playing time... although that could be an indictment on the rest of the talent... sigh.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #926: September 28, 2012, 07:02:59 PM »
You know I'm just busting your balls dude.  :lol:  I'm not arguing that Griffin appears to be the real deal right now but I'm going to hold off judgment on on how great he can be for now. I know a lot of people in the area are already planning on the HOF induction during the bye week in November but I'm going to need to see a few seasons of production before I consider jumping on that bandwagon. Right now, for all the hype about Griffin, it's clear that he has not been able to grasp the offense as quikcly as they would've liked. That's the only thing that explains why some of the most important elements of Shanahan's system have been MIA for the first three games. It's almost a bit embarrassing to see the offense they have been running lately. Tim Tebow could run the crap they have been trotting out there (:lol:). I jest but you get the point. Once Griffin gets more comfortable with the system and they can open up the playbook we will see if he is what people believe he is or will become. Halfsmokes brought up a very valid point though. How would this team look if they had opted for Dalton instead of Kerrigan and been able to hang on to the cadre of picks they surrendered for the rights to Griffin? Would they be better off in the long run or not? It may be moot but it makes for an interesting debate/discussion. I like Griffin's poise. I like his toughness and mental makeup. I can see he has all the tools. But how long before the light goes on? Don't get me wrong. I'm not being impatient. But I do want to see progress week after week. And running the triple option (albeit successfully) is not going to get it done at this level.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #927: September 28, 2012, 07:22:02 PM »
Just listened to the Bill Simmons Mike Lombardi podcast- they were arguing whether the skins were the worst team in the NFL

Good ole Bill Simmons. One of the worst out there.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #928: September 28, 2012, 07:25:00 PM »
You know I'm just busting your balls dude.  :lol:  I'm not arguing that Griffin appears to be the real deal right now but I'm going to hold off judgment on on how great he can be for now. I know a lot of people in the area are already planning on the HOF induction during the bye week in November but I'm going to need to see a few seasons of production before I consider jumping on that bandwagon. Right now, for all the hype about Griffin, it's clear that he has not been able to grasp the offense as quikcly as they would've liked. That's the only thing that explains why some of the most important elements of Shanahan's system have been MIA for the first three games. It's almost a bit embarrassing to see the offense they have been running lately. Tim Tebow could run the crap they have been trotting out there (:lol:). I jest but you get the point. Once Griffin gets more comfortable with the system and they can open up the playbook we will see if he is what people believe he is or will become. Halfsmokes brought up a very valid point though. How would this team look if they had opted for Dalton instead of Kerrigan and been able to hang on to the cadre of picks they surrendered for the rights to Griffin? Would they be better off in the long run or not? It may be moot but it makes for an interesting debate/discussion. I like Griffin's poise. I like his toughness and mental makeup. I can see he has all the tools. But how long before the light goes on? Don't get me wrong. I'm not being impatient. But I do want to see progress week after week. And running the triple option (albeit successfully) is not going to get it done at this level.

Garcon being a wussy doesn't help :lol: I do like seeing that Griffin is starting to look Davis' way which can only open the offense up. The thing is, we're scoring points at a much higher rate than we have in how long? Yet the defense is giving them up at a horrible rate which falls heavily on our crapy safeties and our assorted injuries. Considering as you said, the crap we are trotting out as far as play calling goes, Griffin does an excellent job executing it. I also question whether it's really Griffin not knowing the offense as much as it's a case of having to score crap piles of points and not having Garcon on the field. We've ran the ball well, but how much better would we be looking if the defense was playing as it did last year? The ball control offense would have been great with that defense.

I really want to see Hankerson step up and be the weapon he looks at times like he can be. Also, I'm curious as to why they aren't getting the ball in Moss' hands. The offensive results have been pretty solid though considering how much pressure he's facing with our line being sub par.

I know you're busting my balls dude. You know I'm a realist and I have no thoughts whatsoever that we were playoff bound. I was looking for 8-8 at best. Week 1 made me hopeful but reality has set in quite quickly. I do see signs of progress, which make me hopeful.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #929: September 28, 2012, 07:36:01 PM »
I agree with you on Garcon. I've always viewed him as a soft player who could be made of crystal like Josh Wilson and that freaking bum Atogwe we had last year that some were so excited about. But I disagree with you on Merriweather. The Moss question is something I've wondered also. But I'm sure that's also due to Griffin's inability to have a firm command of the offense at this point. Not that I'm ripping him for it. It's probably understandable at this point in his career but I'm not going to pretend that he walks on water, like a lot of fanbois, and therefore it's not possible that Griffin has not yet mastered the playbook. It's already known that Griffin has called the wrong plays on a few occasions and even called a few plays/formations backwards.  :lmao:  The only other explanation for the triple option is that Shanahan is exposing him to get crushed over and over again so he gets knocked out by week 8 and he can bring in his boy Kirk Cousins to take over.  :stir:  (I don't actually believe that though)

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #930: September 28, 2012, 08:25:21 PM »
I doubt some of those guys watch every snap of every game but it doesn't stop them from printing bullcrap about teams. Fans that pay close attention to their teams can find laughable things they write about their respective teams all the time. One poster came here saying Chris Chester was the Redskins worst OL last season because he read it in one of those publications.  :lmao:

I agree with you about the pass rushers. Next to QB, someone who can pressure the QB is the most important part of a team (in my estimation). But Brian Orakpo is not an elite pass rusher. I'm sure you know there is a lot more than sacks (as important as they are) to being considered an elite pass rusher. DeMarcus Ware is an elite pass rusher. Clay Matthews is an elite pass rusher. Jared Allen is an elite pass rusher. Dwight Freeney was once an elite pass rusher. And even Freeney has more sacks than Orakpo over the last 3 years and he has been oft injured and on the downside of this career. Trent Cole is an elite pass rusher. Elvis Dumervil missed an entire season and he trails Orakpo in that 3 year span by only 1 or 2 sacks. There's even another tier below the above mentioned that belong ranked ahead of Orakpo. Guys like Abraham, Harrison and Peppers. And let's not forget to mention all those freakers from the NY Giants. Even the worst ones of that DL are better than Orakpo. JPP is just starting but I consider him elite already and certainly a better player than Orakpo.

:rofl: when you put it that way....

but thinking about it, most of our D-linemen, even the backups, would start on a lot of teams.  we've stockpiled a good bit, to the point where our strength isn't the pass rushers themselves, per se, but what we can do with them, having so many.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #931: September 28, 2012, 08:27:15 PM »
It was meant as a compliment.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #932: September 29, 2012, 04:36:36 PM »
It was meant as a compliment.

I know.

just funny the way you said it.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #933: September 29, 2012, 05:09:43 PM »
I know.

just funny the way you said it.

They call them back handed compliments I think?

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #934: September 29, 2012, 06:06:56 PM »
How did the Skins and Bucs swing a 4pm game?

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #935: September 29, 2012, 07:16:53 PM »
How did the Skins and Bucs swing a 4pm game?

Had to fill out the schedule,  or maybe hoping Tampa fans would be more likely to buy tickets to a later game (if that's the case,  it didn't work- the game's blacked out)

Offline spidernat

« Reply #936: September 29, 2012, 07:22:00 PM »
USF is playing FSU right now at the Bucs' stadium so they may have needed the extra time to get the field ready.   :shrug:

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #937: September 30, 2012, 03:24:19 PM »
Meriweather and A. Robinson inactive today. Collided during pregame warmups... WTF??!!

Offline spidernat

« Reply #938: September 30, 2012, 03:38:51 PM »
keystone redskins

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #939: September 30, 2012, 04:34:34 PM »
Meriweather and A. Robinson inactive today. Collided during pregame warmups... WTF??!!

Did you see the video?

Meriweather ran full speed in to Robinson knocking out Robinson and tearing up Meriweather's knee.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #940: September 30, 2012, 04:41:58 PM »
Is Josh Wilson really the best they can do at second CB? He's so bad

Online Slateman

« Reply #941: September 30, 2012, 05:00:44 PM »
Touchdown Redskins!!!

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #942: September 30, 2012, 05:17:03 PM »
wasted drive. Cundiff major choke

Online Slateman

« Reply #943: September 30, 2012, 05:26:22 PM »
Touchdown Redskins!!!!!!

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #944: September 30, 2012, 05:26:24 PM »
That QB draw inside the 10 is cash money :az:

Online Slateman

« Reply #945: September 30, 2012, 05:36:40 PM »
Touchdown Redskins!!!!!!!!!!

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #946: September 30, 2012, 06:30:22 PM »
Josh Wilson :spaz:

Online Slateman

« Reply #947: September 30, 2012, 06:43:17 PM »
Cheap shot from Garcon. He'll be making a Goodell required donation later this week

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #948: September 30, 2012, 06:47:43 PM »
Josh Wilson has to go, he's been getting torched by awful ass Mike Williams all game

Online Slateman

« Reply #949: September 30, 2012, 06:53:36 PM »
Secondary is turrible