Author Topic: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!  (Read 417093 times)

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
Re: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #2125: November 21, 2012, 10:13:05 PM »
Welcome.  Big fan of Disney films, too?

Personally, I find adults (especially men) that are BIG Disney fans to be a bit creepy.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #2126: November 21, 2012, 10:29:45 PM »
Personally, I find adults (especially men) that are BIG Disney fans to be a bit creepy.

Reach for the skyyyy!

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #2127: November 24, 2012, 04:28:38 PM »
113 Guests on right now.  Why?

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #2128: November 24, 2012, 04:32:21 PM »

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #2129: November 24, 2012, 04:54:39 PM »
Legobots

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #2130: November 24, 2012, 04:59:43 PM »
LAC

Offline blue911

« Reply #2131: November 24, 2012, 05:09:15 PM »

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #2132: November 24, 2012, 06:00:51 PM »
Alien robots.

Offline LightningMcQueen

« Reply #2133: November 26, 2012, 11:05:05 AM »

sorry?

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #2134: November 26, 2012, 03:36:45 PM »

I'm a fan of disney because my daughter loves mini mouse and even their pre-school stuff has enough jokes for adults to keep you awake.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #2135: December 03, 2012, 06:04:01 PM »
I'm a fan of disney because my daughter loves mini mouse and even their pre-school stuff has enough jokes for adults to keep you awake.
That's fine, the guys I'm talking about are the 50yo guys walking around in the expensive varsity-style jacket with the leather sleeves and big, embroidered Winnine-the-Pooh on the back...

Offline CALSGR8

Offline LightningMcQueen

« Reply #2137: December 15, 2012, 10:58:45 AM »
That's fine, the guys I'm talking about are the 50yo guys walking around in the expensive varsity-style jacket with the leather sleeves and big, embroidered Winnine-the-Pooh on the back...

HA, no..that is not me. i'm not even close to 50.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #2138: December 15, 2012, 03:59:58 PM »
HA, no..that is not me. i'm not even close to 50.

But what about the jacket?  :lmao:

Offline codedandunited

« Reply #2139: January 11, 2013, 08:20:50 AM »
Hey everyone, I thought that I would formally introduce myself.

My name is Andy and I'm a 25 year old student of Anthropology, I currently live in Las Vegas and am studying to be a mortician.  I have been a fan of baseball as far back as I can remember, I grew up in the 90's watching the Atlanta braves and the Texas Rangers, but once the Arizona Diamondbacks were announced in 1995 they definitely became my team.  I still follow the Texas Rangers pretty strongly, but the Arizona Diamondbacks are basically my number one team, but unfortunately my ability to watch and care about them has come to a halt due to the direction that the front office has been going lately.

I decided to start following the Washington Nationals back in 2005 when they moved to Washington, but I never really started to look strongly into them until Bryce Harper got drafted by them.  He went to my high school in Las Vegas so I was interested to see how he'd turn out.  Last year I watched the Washington Nationals from just about opening day and had I can't remember having more fun watching a baseball team before.

Basically I follow baseball every day and it's my passion, I am also a baseball cap collector and I have moved on to collecting baseball jerseys.  I attend about 30 baseball games a year, mainly at my local Las Vegas 51s but I also travel to Arizona, Anaheim, and San Diego.

Offline blue911

« Reply #2140: January 11, 2013, 08:36:18 AM »
Welcome aboard Digger

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #2141: January 11, 2013, 11:37:51 AM »
Codedandunited - welcome.  It will be nice to have your insights when we play interleague and the NL West. 

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #2142: January 11, 2013, 12:29:56 PM »
Hey everyone, I thought that I would formally introduce myself.

My name is Andy and I'm a 25 year old student of Anthropology, I currently live in Las Vegas and am studying to be a mortician.  I have been a fan of baseball as far back as I can remember, I grew up in the 90's watching the Atlanta braves and the Texas Rangers, but once the Arizona Diamondbacks were announced in 1995 they definitely became my team.  I still follow the Texas Rangers pretty strongly, but the Arizona Diamondbacks are basically my number one team, but unfortunately my ability to watch and care about them has come to a halt due to the direction that the front office has been going lately.

Anthropology?    Hmmm, that's what my son is majoring in.    I'm gonna tell him about the mortician angle, if there is one.    I think he sees a major in Anthropology as a  life time in college.    Welcome codedandunited.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #2143: January 11, 2013, 06:28:28 PM »
Codedandunited are people dying to get in your line of work!?   Sorry!   Bad joke.

Welcome.

Offline codedandunited

« Reply #2144: January 12, 2013, 02:27:42 AM »
Anthropology?    Hmmm, that's what my son is majoring in.    I'm gonna tell him about the mortician angle, if there is one.    I think he sees a major in Anthropology as a  life time in college.    Welcome codedandunited.
I know you just need a bachelors in Anthropology just to be a mortician's assistant!  He'd basically be cremating and embalming cadavers.

Codedandunited are people dying to get in your line of work!?   Sorry!   Bad joke.

Welcome.
Other than barbers, a mortician is a position that can't be affected by a recession!  People need to get their haircut, and everyone dies....

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #2145: January 12, 2013, 08:33:32 AM »
Hope I didn't offend you.  It takes special people to deal with death and dying.  I know I couldn't do it.  My Mom was in hospice before she passed.  Those people are angels too.

Offline Rick

« Reply #2146: February 05, 2013, 11:07:12 AM »
Just thought I'd say hi. I'm new to the DC area and I am a HUGE baseball fan. Before moving to this area, I was a Phillies fan for 37 years! Season ticket holder and everything. But I decided to pull a Jayson Werth and abandon Philly for Washington. lol.  The reason I decided to switch teams is I want my kids to be raised rooting for the home team and the DC area is now our home. I already took them to Natsfest and we are ready for the 2013 season. Just took the Phillies bumper sticker off my car and replaced it with a Nats sticker-- so it's official now. lol   Yes, I am getting hell from this from my Phillies fan friends, but it's all good. A new chapter in my life.  Hope to make many Nats friends here.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #2147: February 05, 2013, 11:13:45 AM »
Just thought I'd say hi. I'm new to the DC area and I am a HUGE baseball fan. Before moving to this area, I was a Phillies fan for 37 years! Season ticket holder and everything. But I decided to pull a Jayson Werth and abandon Philly for Washington. lol.  The reason I decided to switch teams is I want my kids to be raised rooting for the home team and the DC area is now our home. I already took them to Natsfest and we are ready for the 2013 season. Just took the Phillies bumper sticker off my car and replaced it with a Nats sticker-- so it's official now. lol   Yes, I am getting hell from this from my Phillies fan friends, but it's all good. A new chapter in my life.  Hope to make many Nats friends here.

You have been saved from darkness !    Welcome aboard !

Offline Rick

« Reply #2148: February 05, 2013, 02:09:45 PM »
You have been saved from darkness !    Welcome aboard !

wow- no hazing process? haha.  Thanks! Looking forward to a great season. It will be nice to see Werth play again.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #2149: February 05, 2013, 02:21:52 PM »
wow- no hazing process? haha.  Thanks! Looking forward to a great season. It will be nice to see Werth play again.

Just a minor haze, you have to read every post in the "Define Natitude" thread before you are allowed your third post.