Author Topic: The Concert Thread  (Read 12101 times)

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
Re: The Concert Thread
« Reply #25: January 27, 2010, 12:12:26 PM »
I just realized my response to this post months ago was idiotic. No, I didn't see them on 1/1.

No worries. Did you make one of the 930 shows this time? I thought it was great. The guest Suga Tongue Slim really impressed as well. My friend schooled me that their Tuba player is named Tuba Gooding, Jr.  :rofl:

There's no down time at a Roots concert. Just constant music from the time they step on stage to the end of the night.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #26: January 27, 2010, 12:18:24 PM »
Awesome, right at the end of a really long road trip.  Didn't the Elton John concert damage the field or at least kill a good portion of the outfield?

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #27: January 27, 2010, 12:26:47 PM »
Well, maybe Chipper Jones will trip over some residual piece of stage at the game on the 27th.

There was a keg party down the block a couple of years ago which culminated in a bunch of fat guys sitting around the keg and playing air guitar and singing along to Dave Matthews...I think a couple of them even cried.  It was truly a sight to behold.

Awesome, right at the end of a really long road trip.  Didn't the Elton John concert damage the field or at least kill a good portion of the outfield?

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #28: January 27, 2010, 01:16:49 PM »
No worries. Did you make one of the 930 shows this time? I thought it was great. The guest Suga Tongue Slim really impressed as well. My friend schooled me that their Tuba player is named Tuba Gooding, Jr.  :rofl:

There's no down time at a Roots concert. Just constant music from the time they step on stage to the end of the night.

Yeah, the hip hop equivalent of Neil Young. I've only seen them the one time. They did two shows together I think summer 2000.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #29: February 01, 2010, 02:32:14 AM »

Anyway, Between the Buried and Me, Cynic, Devin Townsend, and Scale the Summit on 2/1 at Sonar in Baltimore. Holy crap. I mean really, holy crap. The smoke coming off those guitars could turn some pretty large turbines and power a small city.

Prog, jazz, noodly heavy instrumental jam heaven.

From his new album, Addicted!, almost a pop song:
http://lala.com/z9Bf

That wall of sound production sounds so sweet.

This is going to be so incredibly awesome that I will have to dampen by excitement by trying Natty Boh for the first time ever.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #30: February 02, 2010, 12:50:54 AM »
Devin Townsend is the most talented musician I've seen live since Neil Young, maybe moreso. Amazing vocal range, very creative compositions, heck of a guitar player, great stage presence, and somehow his "wall-of-sound" production translates directly to the live show.

I've never heard sound levels balanced so perfectly, or vocals sound so clean and crisp live. I think they must have their own separate equipment and do sound check long before showtime, but it's worth it.

Cynic is like the Rush or Yes of 2010, with auto-tuned vocals. Also awesome, lots of jazz improvisation and very impressive drums.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #31: March 31, 2010, 04:04:10 PM »
I'm so pumped.  Got tickets to see the White Rabbits at The Jefferson in Charlottesville.  Only 16 bucks a piece! (after processing fees and such)

They're supposed to be awesome live and youtube corroborates this.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #32: March 31, 2010, 04:20:23 PM »
I'm so pumped.  Got tickets to see the White Rabbits at The Jefferson in Charlottesville.  Only 16 bucks a piece! (after processing fees and such)

They're supposed to be awesome live and youtube corroborates this.
:clap: that should be sick

I'm thinking of going to the DC101 Chili Cook-off at RFK. STP, Alice in Chains, Switchfoot, Anberlin, Cage the Elephant :az:

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #33: March 31, 2010, 04:21:27 PM »
Hmm I want to see Alice in Chains but not a single other band listed.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #34: March 31, 2010, 04:25:40 PM »
Hmm I want to see Alice in Chains but not a single other band listed.
Stone Temple Pilots?!

I would love to see each of the bands. All of them kick ass.

STP = Going to be playing all of their new stuff coming out 4 days after the concert and some of their old sillies
Alice in Chains = Playing their kickass album from last year and old stuff
Cage the Elephant = one of the hottest bands from '09. great debut album.
Switchfoot = Good harder, rock album released last year and then their old slow stuff is good too.
Anberlin = Working on new album, their last album had some good songs

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #35: March 31, 2010, 04:26:49 PM »
:clap: that should be sick

I'm thinking of going to the DC101 Chili Cook-off at RFK. STP, Alice in Chains, Switchfoot, Anberlin, Cage the Elephant :az:

ANBERLIN IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #36: March 31, 2010, 04:31:22 PM »
STP sucked 15 years ago :lol:

Offline saltydad

« Reply #37: March 31, 2010, 06:36:19 PM »
Well, maybe Chipper Jones will trip over some residual piece of stage at the game on the 27th.

There was a keg party down the block a couple of years ago which culminated in a bunch of fat guys sitting around the keg and playing air guitar and singing along to Dave Matthews...I think a couple of them even cried.  It was truly a sight to behold.

Damn, sounds like a group I should join!

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #38: April 07, 2010, 10:56:20 PM »
Reunited Smoking Popes coming to Balmer with The Queers and American  Steel. American Steel will always be the band that I totally dissed without realizing I was standing behind the bass player :lol:

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #39: April 20, 2010, 11:38:02 AM »
http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/music/index.ssf/2010/04/faith_no_more_to_rock_philadel.html

This is enough of a reason to get me to Philly. 10+ year hiatus over. My avatar, Mike Bordin (also played with Ozzy), Mike Patton, and crew. Plus JMU's new web gem theme "Cuckoo for Caca" is on the set list, I think.

http://lala.com/zbQaY
(warning, this song is pretty nasty)

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #40: April 20, 2010, 11:44:00 AM »
http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/music/index.ssf/2010/04/faith_no_more_to_rock_philadel.html

This is enough of a reason to get me to Philly. 10+ year hiatus over. My avatar, Mike Bordin (also played with Ozzy), Mike Patton, and crew. Plus JMU's new web gem theme "Cuckoo for Caca" is on the set list, I think.

http://lala.com/zbQaY
(warning, this song is pretty nasty)

:rofl: the Dookie Monster may follow me for awhile....

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #41: April 20, 2010, 11:59:43 PM »
Presale code leaked: REUNITED.

Got my tickets. No idea what I will doing on July 3rd, but I figure having them in hand gives me options.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #42: April 26, 2010, 11:23:28 AM »
GF and I are going to the Weezer/Ben Folds concert on Friday in College Park. Going to be sick :clap:

« Reply #43: April 26, 2010, 11:25:24 AM »
Going to see Muse at JPJ in Charlottesville on Oct. 27th.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #44: April 26, 2010, 12:10:31 PM »
GF and I going to the Weezer/Ben Folds concert on Friday in College Park. Going to be sick :clap:

Seen Ben Folds open for Neil Young. By God that was 15 years ago. Nobody knew who he was. They were ok.

Weezer I've seen 2 or 3 times, but I'd love to hear the new songs live.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #45: May 11, 2010, 03:00:19 AM »
Joey Belladonna is back in Anthrax, and Ozzy's new guitarist is well known power metal guitarist Gus G. Nice. Both are touring, but nowhere near here :(

Offline MDoyle

• UMW 2010
« Reply #46: May 11, 2010, 03:42:25 PM »
Joey Belladonna is back in Anthrax, and Ozzy's new guitarist is well known power metal guitarist Gus G. Nice. Both are touring, but nowhere near here :(

Well... Ozzfest is hitting Philly if you were willing to make that trip.  I went up to Philly a few years ago to see Iron Maiden when they didn't have a DC date.  In hindsight it was a terrible trip because Maiden played their whole new CD and like 5 old songs.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #47: May 11, 2010, 05:26:47 PM »
Well... Ozzfest is hitting Philly if you were willing to make that trip.  I went up to Philly a few years ago to see Iron Maiden when they didn't have a DC date.  In hindsight it was a terrible trip because Maiden played their whole new CD and like 5 old songs.

I saw Maiden at Ozzfest at what I guess is now Jiffy Lube Live :spit: - all from the first 4 albums, like 8 costume changes for Bruce.

I'm going to Philly to see Faith No More. As good as the 2nd stage is and as cool as Gus G with Ozzy will be, I think I'm going to pass.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #48: August 21, 2010, 08:25:16 PM »
http://www.jaxxroxx.com/calendar.php#20101026

Devin Townsend coming to NoVA!!!!!!!!!!

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #49: August 23, 2010, 04:21:56 PM »
The Sword is playing 9:30 on 10/20 but I'm not sure I can convince anyone to go :(