Author Topic: #1 commercial that makes you want to smash your tv  (Read 103754 times)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!

What GEICO doesn't do is emphasize how easy is it to get check once an accident happens. That's Allstate's pitch.

My wife totaled my Bronco II many years ago, and we had no problem getting our payment out of them.  Of course, at the expiration of the insurance term they canceled us, though I'd been with them for 10 years without a claim.

Then a couple of years later they had the audacity to call me to try to get us to go with them.     :lmao:

Those Virginia commercials with Gov. Bob McDonnell and Garth Brooks.

Offline Coladar

Bumping to add one of the worst, most annoying ad campaigns I can recall in a really long time. Whatever moron came up with Arby's new ad campaign needs to be shot. Don Draper, he ain't. Not only is it an incredibly stupid slogan when you think about it, the jingle is annoying as hell and their new spokesman is grating. "Its good mood food!!!" Umm, yeah, no it isn't. You ad puts me in a decidedly not good mood, dood.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
Roy Rogers >>>>>>>> Arby's anyway.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Geico's "Live Under A Rock" is gettin' on my nerves.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
I hate creepy ads.  The SPRINT one with the lady who informs her family that her parents will be moving in.  She offers to teach her daughter how to tweet.

The creepy Xfinity commercial with the Fios Guy in the hot tub.

Is getting a creepy feeling out of ads the "in" thing now?

Offline 1995hoo

Seeing as how today is Ash Wednesday, isn't it time for a new "Gimme back that Filet-o-Fish" campaign?

Offline CALSGR8

No they have bobble head pirates eating the fish sandwich.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Seeing as how today is Ash Wednesday, isn't it time for a new "Gimme back that Filet-o-Fish" campaign?

Lee lee lee lee lee lee lee lee lee

Offline Nathan

I hate creepy ads.  The SPRINT one with the lady who informs her family that her parents will be moving in.  She offers to teach her daughter how to tweet.

The creepy Xfinity commercial with the Fios Guy in the hot tub.

Is getting a creepy feeling out of ads the "in" thing now?
It all started with the Burger King "King."

Offline Nathan

:lmao: at the new miller highife commercial, where they want to be the official beer sponsor of you.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
New GEICO add is pretty good.  "Do dogs chase cats?"  They cut to a clip from Bullit or French Connection with a cat driving the car being chased by a dog also driving.  I think the cat was named "Toonces."

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
NAPA Know How commercials are so bad that they become awesome

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
New GEICO add is pretty good.  "Do dogs chase cats?"  They cut to a clip from Bullit or French Connection with a cat driving the car being chased by a dog also driving.  I think the cat was named "Toonces."
If I buy Gieco insurance will they stop making stupid commercials???

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
If I buy Gieco insurance will they stop making stupid commercials???
I'd say their hit rate on the latest campaign is at least 70%.  The Randy Johnson commercial was terrific, as was the Abe Lincoln and the Two to Tango.  The Caveman campaign has run its course.  The Gecko is spotty now, but was good initially.  I have not seen the stack of money with the eyes in a while - I liked the first few of those but it was a dead end.

Offline Nathan

I like a lot of Geico's spots.  Like when the gecko and the boss are at a restaurant and things like his wallet keep appearing.

Also, the Ryan Zimmerman/Caveman Geico commercials are cool too.

Offline Nathan

I like the new Head and Shoulders commercial with Troy Polamalu.  "Polamolecules" :lol:

Offline DPMOmaha

I like the Majestic commercial with Josh Hamilton, but I'm wondering why Cody Ross is randomly hanging around the cage in Texas? 

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
The interesting thing about GEICO is how long they keep multiple ad themes alive. I thought the caveman had run his course, too, but the new one with the urbane caveman and the Alaskan crab boat is pretty funny. As long as they get rid of the angry caveman, it could last for a while longer.

I never liked the stack of money.
I'd say their hit rate on the latest campaign is at least 70%.  The Randy Johnson commercial was terrific, as was the Abe Lincoln and the Two to Tango.  The Caveman campaign has run its course.  The Gecko is spotty now, but was good initially.  I have not seen the stack of money with the eyes in a while - I liked the first few of those but it was a dead end.

Offline CALSGR8

I saw a Geico commercial :

"Does Foghorn Leghorn make a bad narrator? "

"I say I say It was the best of times; it was the worst of times..."

Its funny the first time I saw it.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Tell you what, that icelandic mud commercial is getting old FAST.

Offline Nathan

Tell you what, that icelandic mud commercial is getting old FAST.
Yeah.  I keep expecting to see some nudity but dammit, it's just a tease every time!

Offline mitlen

Yeah.  I keep expecting to see some nudity but dammit, it's just a tease every time!

Me too ...

Offline mitlen

"Just for Men" commercial where the lady's at the door needin' milk.   Gettin' close to a plasma buster.

Offline Nathan

I would accept her offer for "pancakes" though.