Author Topic: Following the Minor League Teams (2010)  (Read 88293 times)

Offline hammondsnats

Re: Following the Minor League Teams (2010)
« Reply #1375: September 06, 2010, 11:26:03 AM »
hammondsnats

lol yeah i'm still here 8)

but again i don't think they are that cheap in regards to our minor league development, so i don't know why people get confused.

Offline Potomac Cannons

« Reply #1376: September 06, 2010, 11:52:19 AM »

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #1377: September 06, 2010, 12:33:45 PM »
Was the first to go.

i can't wait to you get banned for good.

Offline d_mc_nabb

« Reply #1378: September 06, 2010, 01:26:38 PM »
See, I understand your view. Both our views have no evidence to back them up. Dunn was one small cog to get an entire gear running, in my view. I didn't think they signing Dunn we would be a WS team, or even a winnign team that that. I just thought hes a piece we need. I think thats the view everyone has on both sides. That's why I want us to sign him too, not pass up on him. Losing him sets us back. If we keep him, we can move forward and get more pieces. It's what's necessary to be a winning team. One player wont change anything, but a bunch will. And if signing one or two can help us, why pass up that opportunity? Waiting to see what the youngsters will do is a dagger. It's great to do if we had a team that is winning on its own because that way, if a few players succeed, we can add them to the gear that is the Nationals. If we don't sign anyone and we're waiting on the farm, we could be S.O.L. because we could end up playing AAAA players after waiting 2-4 years. That's all I'm asking. Sign good free agents, and we could have a good team. Add to that team with minor league players, and we have a WS team.

I understand. Everybody has different viewpoints. The only underlying thing is, that every single thread gets LAC dominated at some point. The only way to stop that is just not to bring it up. Or argue it. Ever. That goes for me too.

Now, back to following the Minor League teams:

Assuming only prospects and the young core, the team in a few years could look like this:

LF: Burgess/Oduber
CF: Perez/Bernadina
RF: Harper
C: Ramos/Norris
1B: Marrero? Tyler Moore? Needs work here (hopefully they keep Dunn).
2B: I like this spot. Desmond/Espinosa/Kobernus/Lombardozzi
SS: Desond/Espinosa/Lombardozzi/Hague. This one's even better.
3B: Zimmerman. Enough said.
SP: Strasburg, JZ, Cole, Solis, Milone/Meyers/Peacock/Ray (off the top of my head).

That's a lot of talent and potential.

Offline NatsDad14

« Reply #1379: September 06, 2010, 02:36:14 PM »
I don't see a lot of talent. Some decent talent, but a lot of guys are in Low A ball. I don't get excited about prospects who don't dominate Low A and SS ball.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #1380: September 06, 2010, 02:48:18 PM »
I don't see a lot of talent. Some decent talent, but a lot of guys are in Low A ball. I don't get excited about prospects who don't dominate Low A and SS ball.

Exactly. I like their upside but it's still a big risk banking in on them to even match their ceiling.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #1381: September 06, 2010, 03:16:06 PM »
Solis another two shutout innings for Hagerstown today.

Offline natstime

« Reply #1382: September 07, 2010, 03:11:31 PM »
Solis another two shutout innings for Hagerstown today.

You guys were right.  I really wasnt too thrilled about him, but he has looked good so far.

Offline Burgess

• K MONSTER!
« Reply #1383: September 07, 2010, 03:22:47 PM »
You guys were right.  I really wasnt too thrilled about him, but he has looked good so far.

He was a high touted college draftee so it was to be expected that he is already a polished pitcher that should move up to the big league fast.

Offline d_mc_nabb

« Reply #1384: September 07, 2010, 07:34:13 PM »
I don't understand why people didn't like the Solis pick... From what I've heard, He had sandwich-pick potential and slipped because of injury history. I think it's just psychological after Holder last year.

Offline NatsDad14

« Reply #1385: September 07, 2010, 07:44:05 PM »
I don't think anyone was hated the pick. Part of it might have been Holder-hangover, but it seems like Solis is a decent prospect. I guess the people who didn't like the pick were hoping the Nats would go after a high ceiling guy (A.J. Cole type). the difference between Solis and Holder is that Solis was a legitimate 2nd round talent, while Holder was a 5-10 round talent.

Offline Potomac Cannons

« Reply #1386: September 07, 2010, 07:53:56 PM »
I don't understand why people didn't like the Solis pick... From what I've heard, He had sandwich-pick potential and slipped because of injury history. I think it's just psychological after Holder last year.

Not sure why anyone would be down on Holder.  Good first half at Hagerstown this year and showed some good signs at Potomac as well (3 of last 5 starts were good, 2 were pretty bad).

Offline d_mc_nabb

« Reply #1387: September 07, 2010, 08:31:39 PM »
Not sure why anyone would be down on Holder.  Good first half at Hagerstown this year and showed some good signs at Potomac as well (3 of last 5 starts were good, 2 were pretty bad).

I meant immediately upon drafting... Holder was seen as a signability pick after Strasburg, which (perhaps rightfully) upset some people, hoping the Lerners would spend more on the draft.

Solis, on the other hand, was actually a high-ceiling guy himself... He signed for well over slot, 1 million.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #1389: September 18, 2010, 12:35:45 PM »
MILLS Cup Champs!

Offline Upark25

« Reply #1390: September 18, 2010, 01:33:55 PM »
Any players besides Norris on the P-Nats that might make the majors??

Offline Potomac Cannons

« Reply #1391: September 18, 2010, 02:35:30 PM »
Any players besides Norris on the P-Nats that might make the majors??

Burgess already got promoted to AA.  Tyler Moore may be one of those late bloomers.  Sean Nicol could be a utility IF if everything breaks right.  Several pitchers with a chance.

Offline daggerrrrrr

« Reply #1392: September 18, 2010, 06:10:11 PM »
Where in that picture is Tyler Moore? I don't know him by face or number.

Offline PC

« Reply #1393: September 18, 2010, 07:01:48 PM »
So young.  The cruelties of the Business of Baseball haven't crushed their spirits yet.  :D

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #1394: September 18, 2010, 07:28:37 PM »
Rhinehart was series MVP.  FRIAS has a lot of POP in his pitches.   I have to look and see who hot that triple last night.  Man, for anyone else it would have been a long single and maybe a double.   Got some great fielders too.  A few home runs were saved at the wall.

From 2008:  Detwiler AAA, Boomer Whiting AAA, Marerro AA, Burgess AA, Atilano AAA and all from the previous Mills Champs!

Offline Potomac Cannons

« Reply #1395: September 18, 2010, 09:35:42 PM »
Rhinehart was series MVP.  FRIAS has a lot of POP in his pitches.   I have to look and see who hot that triple last night.  Man, for anyone else it would have been a long single and maybe a double.   Got some great fielders too.  A few home runs were saved at the wall.

From 2008:  Detwiler AAA, Boomer Whiting AAA, Marerro AA, Burgess AA, Atilano AAA and all from the previous Mills Champs!

Problem with Rhinehart is that he's gotten up to AAA before and is back down to A+ ball.  Okay bat, no defensive position at all, and will be 26 in two months.  No MLB potential at all.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #1396: September 19, 2010, 07:13:39 PM »
It was Soriano who hit the triple!! :mg:

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #1397: September 28, 2010, 06:07:02 PM »
Didn't see this mentioned anywhere, but Tyler Moore was named the Nationals minor league hitter of the year and Tom Milone was named minor league pitcher of the year.  Congrats to both, they both deserved it.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #1398: September 29, 2010, 11:57:22 AM »
Minor League players with cool sounding names:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/fans/moniker_madness/y2010/moniker_madness.jsp

My final four would have been Jetsy Extrano, Sharlon Schoop, Buddy Boshers, Gookie Dawkins, with Jetsy Extrano the winner. I think the "Natty" bracket was absolutely stacked: Gookie Dawkins, Boomer Potts, Beamer Weems, and Hawkins Gebbers are all final four material.

Jetsy gets my vote, even though he lost in the first round, because his name is so bizarre and weirdly unsynchronized, and because Extrano is, of course, Spanish for "weird." I would have had the ultimate winner, Rowdy Hardy, lose in the Elite 8 to Sharlon Schoop.

Offline CatsEye

• Very weird season -Creepy - What....
« Reply #1399: September 29, 2010, 12:21:38 PM »
    And now the "Other Shoe Drops".......2010 P-Nats Hitting Coach, Matt Nokes, was released by the Nationals....and smaller news is that P-Nats GM, Jonathan Griffith, has resigned and taken a job as GM with the Pensacola (FL.) Pelicans..... Very surprised with the release of the Hitting coach..... :shock:

(I did not see this posted anywhere else,)