Author Topic: Hardware/OS Geek Thread  (Read 54809 times)

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
Re: Hardware/OS Geek Thread
« Reply #700: January 18, 2010, 05:52:15 PM »
Doesn't even look like remotely the same type of product to me.  Right tool for the right job.  The software you mention looks much more comprehensive.  I think JMad is just looking for a quick fixup.

right.

after running CCleaner, the laptop is noticeably faster. I need to get some more RAM for this thing though.

i also enrolled in the "Feather" Beta. Feather is the name of Youtube's "lite" player project. the Feather-version works for me, but not all youtube videos have it.

still don't think i'll be able to do Hulu. I'm gonna go to the library tomorrow and try it out, with a better wireless connection(I'm hijacking a wireless router right now, and the connection is weak).

plus I need to figure out how to make Google Docs my global default. once i do that, i'll be in business.

say, any of you know anything about Adobe Air? the flash-based MMO i downloaded uses it, and I am wondering in regards to Flash, how much of it is the Graphics Chip, and how much of it is the processor and RAM. right now, I can run the game on this computer, but it lags when I begin combat(it's a Strategy RPG playstyle). once combat is over, lag stops.

bleh, I can't remember the last time i had a computer with less than a Gig of RAM lol. it's frustrating.