Author Topic: All-Prospect Team?  (Read 2042 times)

Offline JMUalumni

Re: All-Prospect Team?
« Topic Start: June 12, 2008, 12:50:20 PM »
good idea for a thread, here is what I am thinking at this point:

C: Luke Montz
1B:  Bill Rhinehart
2B:  Matt Rogelstad
SS:  Stephen King
3B:  Leonard Davis
LF:  Mike Daniel
CF:  Roger Bernadina
RF:  Michael Burgess
SPs:  Alan Alaniz, Jordan Zimmerman, Colin Ballester, Cory VanAllen, Garrett Mock
RP:  Martin Beno/Zech Zinicola

Montz to me is a no brainer at this point in the season at catcher.  I gave Marrero consideration at 1B, but mostly due to the hype surrounding him.  Rhinehart in my mind has been amazing this year (as is evident by his 56 RBIs thus far - sixth in all of the minor leagues).  At second, I see no clear prospect unless you want to consider a player like King a 2B.  Smolinski and King are both decent middle infielders at the minor league level, but I do not know how far they are going to go.  Middle infield is the biggest weakness in our minor league system, in my opinion of course.  At 3B, Leonard Davis even after  a brief sojourn on the DL, has a .318 avg, 11 HR, and leads Potomac in SLG pct (.608).  In the outfield, I gave consideration to Edgardo Baez, but ultimately I think that the trio of Bernadina, Burgess, and Daniel have the best shot at cracking the MLB team (also Maxwell, but he is on the DL).  As for the pitchers, we have so many that will most likely be good to great pitchers and selecting only five is more of personal preference.