Author Topic: Baseball hat thread  (Read 29440 times)

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Re: Baseball hat thread
« Reply #325: June 05, 2016, 09:59:58 PM »
Gimme your address.  I'll even wash it first. 
You'd seriously do that? What size is it? Flexfit I think l/xl

Online machpost

« Reply #326: June 06, 2016, 09:10:16 AM »
You guys see you can build your own New Era panel for panel now?

I saw that, but how do you make one with a team logo on it? When I go to newerabyyou.com, I see all the options for changing fabric types and colors, but the only hats with team logos I can see are those that were designed by other people.

Offline whytev

« Reply #327: June 06, 2016, 03:53:08 PM »
I saw that, but how do you make one with a team logo on it? When I go to newerabyyou.com, I see all the options for changing fabric types and colors, but the only hats with team logos I can see are those that were designed by other people.

It's the last step. You can make any logo and even pick all the thread colours.

I'm going to troll you all by making a tri-coloured Expos hat with the Nationals logo on it.  :stir:

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #328: June 06, 2016, 04:24:46 PM »
I think XL.  I'll check when I remember where I put it (my house has hats hanging from most doorknobs).
You'd seriously do that? What size is it? Flexfit I think l/xl

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #329: June 06, 2016, 09:25:50 PM »
I think XL.  I'll check when I remember where I put it (my house has hats hanging from most doorknobs).
That would be so awesome!! I don't have many hats that fit me right, my Nats fitted hat is a flat bill and I didn't realize it until after I got it. I can't rock the flat bill :lol: I have a Terps one that fits me great, other than that, it's been a long time since I had a hat that really fit me like that Senators one.

Offline slhubic

« Reply #330: June 06, 2016, 09:26:14 PM »

I'm going to troll you all by making a tri-coloured Expos hat with the Nationals logo on it.  :stir:

wwwhhhhoooowwww...cool !

Online machpost

« Reply #331: June 07, 2016, 10:40:48 AM »

I was actually thinking about making one of those myself!

The option for adding a log is nowhere to be seen. Maybe it's because I'm on a Mac.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #332: July 14, 2016, 12:17:38 AM »
Found it...it was in my car. It had been so long since I last moved the car (literally many months), I almost forgot that I had a car. What's your address?  PM me, I'll post it to you.  This hat was worn during 2012 playoffs, so spread the good juju. 
That would be so awesome!! I don't have many hats that fit me right, my Nats fitted hat is a flat bill and I didn't realize it until after I got it. I can't rock the flat bill :lol: I have a Terps one that fits me great, other than that, it's been a long time since I had a hat that really fit me like that Senators one.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #333: July 25, 2016, 10:12:48 PM »
Found it...it was in my car. It had been so long since I last moved the car (literally many months), I almost forgot that I had a car. What's your address?  PM me, I'll post it to you.  This hat was worn during 2012 playoffs, so spread the good juju. 
Just saw this response, pm sent.

Offline whytev

« Reply #334: August 02, 2016, 01:59:27 AM »
Any ladies on here have size seven heads?

The Mrs. ordered a size 7 New Era fitted. Black hat with black curly W. It fit a little tight. It's been worn twice and then she ordered a 7 1/8". Before I chuck it on eBay I thought I might see if anyone here needed it cheap.

http://shop.neweracap.com/Style/59Fifty-MLB-Black-on-Black-Fashion/20029695

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
« Reply #335: August 02, 2016, 10:16:35 AM »
Any ladies on here have size seven heads?

The Mrs. ordered a size 7 New Era fitted. Black hat with black curly W. It fit a little tight. It's been worn twice and then she ordered a 7 1/8". Before I chuck it on eBay I thought I might see if anyone here needed it cheap.

http://shop.neweracap.com/Style/59Fifty-MLB-Black-on-Black-Fashion/20029695

I could never order a New Era online. I tried on two Nats hats (the ASG hat and a Cooperstown one) in 7 1/8 and had to go up in size on one and down another. QA/QC is not something they believe in.

Offline whytev

« Reply #336: August 02, 2016, 11:06:52 AM »
I could never order a New Era online. I tried on two Nats hats (the ASG hat and a Cooperstown one) in 7 1/8 and had to go up in size on one and down another. QA/QC is not something they believe in.

I think this is what happened. She tried a few on and lids and then ordered online.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #337: August 03, 2016, 12:04:14 AM »
I was given a bright yellow Nats had with a white Curly W. I get much love for wearing it from people under 25.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #338: August 03, 2016, 09:16:58 AM »
Yep, and now that Fanatics is running Shop MLB the return policy is even worse than before.  Now I just buy at the stadium if I really want a new hat and pay the premium so I don't have to deal with returns or going to Lids.  Even the New Era fitted hats that are Made in the USA (which used to have really good QA/QC) have went to crap in terms of not only fit but also the stitching.

To be completely honest, I've actually pretty much abandoned New Era fitted hats for Ebbets Field Flannels (http://www.ebbets.com/).  For $10 more I get a much better produced hat that consistently fits, has some really cool rare logos, and gets me tons of compliments.  My wife got me this one for my birthday and everyone from our vet to strangers on the street want one:

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #339: August 03, 2016, 09:45:25 AM »
You can custom make any style cap you want at Richardson Baseball Caps.  It's what we use for our uniforms in the league I play in.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
« Reply #340: August 03, 2016, 03:17:15 PM »
Yep, and now that Fanatics is running Shop MLB the return policy is even worse than before.  Now I just buy at the stadium if I really want a new hat and pay the premium so I don't have to deal with returns or going to Lids.  Even the New Era fitted hats that are Made in the USA (which used to have really good QA/QC) have went to crap in terms of not only fit but also the stitching.

To be completely honest, I've actually pretty much abandoned New Era fitted hats for Ebbets Field Flannels (http://www.ebbets.com/).  For $10 more I get a much better produced hat that consistently fits, has some really cool rare logos, and gets me tons of compliments.  My wife got me this one for my birthday and everyone from our vet to strangers on the street want one:

(Image removed from quote.)

Yeah. I went to Lids when I was back in the area to find the Nats hats. I'm surprised any New Era is made in the U.S. anymore?

Totally agree on Ebbets. I have one by them and it's A+. If you sign up for their mailing list, they send (nearly once a week) really good deals on hats/jerseys too.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #341: August 03, 2016, 03:20:02 PM »
Yeah. I went to Lids when I was back in the area to find the Nats hats. I'm surprised any New Era is made in the U.S. anymore?

Totally agree on Ebbets. I have one by them and it's A+. If you sign up for their mailing list, they send (nearly once a week) really good deals on hats/jerseys too.

Damn, I might have to get me one of those Forbes Field tee shirts.   

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
« Reply #342: August 03, 2016, 03:20:57 PM »
Damn, I might have to get me one of those Forbes Field tee shirts.   

They are ++. Definitely recommend 'em.

Offline whytev

« Reply #343: August 03, 2016, 07:57:01 PM »

The red ones are made in USA.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #344: August 03, 2016, 10:38:31 PM »
The red ones are made in USA.

Which are just as bad as the ones not made in the USA now.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #345: December 26, 2017, 04:47:56 PM »

I almost never wear them anymore, but they're still quite nice.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #346: December 26, 2017, 07:22:34 PM »
I always really liked the Mariners cap with the teal bill and navy crown.  That is one of the first really nice redesigns, I think.  I'm disappointed the Mariners went away from it, but I guess teal was overdone.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #347: December 26, 2017, 08:27:31 PM »
I always really liked the Mariners cap with the teal bill and navy crown.  That is one of the first really nice redesigns, I think.  I'm disappointed the Mariners went away from it, but I guess teal was overdone.
They still wear those with their teal alternate uniforms.