Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls Thread  (Read 62037 times)

Offline Squab

• Global Moderator
  • me lookin at the bullpen
Re: Skyrim Thread
« Reply #50: November 11, 2011, 05:52:57 PM »
That's the little girl you tried to kill!?!?!?
I may need to get this game...

Also keep posting these discoveries, very entertaining  :D

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #51: November 11, 2011, 05:55:05 PM »
It's the invincible little girl :lmao:

Amusing that the same game with immortal hitman hiring little girls also inspires English rap.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #52: November 11, 2011, 06:03:09 PM »
What class is the bestest?

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #53: November 11, 2011, 06:03:28 PM »

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #54: November 11, 2011, 06:08:35 PM »
Fffuuuu, apparently food doesn't work for alchemy any more. Ehh, I picked up a ton of food.

Also, you can cook to make food.

Online blue911

« Reply #55: November 11, 2011, 06:14:02 PM »
What class is the bestest?

Weak hitting back up catcher.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #56: November 11, 2011, 06:15:43 PM »

Wilnieves would be proud

Offline Nathan

« Reply #57: November 11, 2011, 06:17:13 PM »

But he's a nelf :spaz:

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #58: November 11, 2011, 06:29:18 PM »
Fffuuuu, apparently food doesn't work for alchemy any more. Ehh, I picked up a ton of food.

Also, you can cook to make food.

Oh?  I hadn't actually tried anything beyond the inn keeper's suggestion for healing potions, but I had assumed that food and ingredients were more or less the same thing.  Good to know.  I did notice you could cook though.  Pretty neat, as is the smithing and alchemy (and cooking, tanning, grinding, etc.).  I'm not sure I'll ever use half of them but the immersion factor is nice.

Going to miss being able to whip up bad ass potions any time anywhere, but not having to carry around all the alchemical equipment is nice too.

Amusing that the same game with immortal hitman hiring little girls also inspires English rap.

:rofl:

What the hell? The little girl hired thugs to beat you, Trogdor the burninator, up?

Yup.  And then when I drew the summoned sword I previously posted on her, she responded "ooh, pretty colors" :lol:

Is there even a point to the game or can you do whatever the hell you feel necessary?

There is a main quest and who knows how many side quests (probably hundreds) ranging from fairly involved to trivial (assuming it's like previous TES games), but any and all of it is completely optional.  In fact, I killed the first person I was supposed to talk to after the tutorial.  Judging by Kevrock's post, I'm working on the dungeon that I was supposed to do after that anyway, but it's completely by coincidence.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #59: November 11, 2011, 06:30:36 PM »
Also, I have to say I'm liking the new perks system, even if some of the perks are a bit unimaginative.

Kevrock, how is your character shaping up so far?  I chose a Redguard, but have only really buffed destruction, conjuration and one-handed weapons so far.  So I guess that makes me battlemage-ish?

Offline Nathan

« Reply #60: November 11, 2011, 06:39:27 PM »
From some reddit posts:

Standing in the streets of a village, I was going through my inventory and decided to drop an armor that I wasn't going to use and wasn't worth hauling around to sell later. An NPC walks by, looks down, and asks if he can have the armor if I'm not going to use it. I say yes, so he picks it up and puts it on. ...my jaw was literally hanging open.

I heard someone on SA who went into a crowded tavern and dropped a ton of items, people then all rushed over to it and started fighting over who got to keep what, deaths resulted.

I dropped a steel pot on the ground. This dude walks over, picks it up says "You dropped this." and hands it back to me.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #61: November 11, 2011, 06:45:27 PM »

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #62: November 11, 2011, 06:49:41 PM »
Is this an RPG? 

Offline Nathan

« Reply #63: November 11, 2011, 06:52:57 PM »
Yes.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #64: November 11, 2011, 06:55:06 PM »
Yes.

Thanks, I had no idea what it was about.  Definitely not my cup of tea, unfortunately.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #65: November 11, 2011, 07:00:27 PM »
I mean it's not like Final Fantasy RPG where you choose your move every turn or anything.  It's like a first person shooter, but with swords and spells, and you can find better gear on corpses.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #66: November 11, 2011, 07:03:10 PM »
That's cool.  I have like zero attention span when it comes to video games though. 

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #67: November 11, 2011, 07:14:56 PM »
Also, I have to say I'm liking the new perks system, even if some of the perks are a bit unimaginative.

Kevrock, how is your character shaping up so far?  I chose a Redguard, but have only really buffed destruction, conjuration and one-handed weapons so far.  So I guess that makes me battlemage-ish?

IDK what the heck I'm doing. I went Nord spur of the moment. I'm level 6, I've buffed one-handed weapons, picking locks, bow usage or whatever.

I was going for a ranger type guy, but I'm enjoying using magic as well.

Dying at Ulfr's book.  :rofl:

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #68: November 11, 2011, 07:16:08 PM »
Oh, I have this chick sworn to guard me after I killed that first dragon in the main quest. She's following me around and fighting with me. Not sure if I like having a side-kick or not.

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #69: November 11, 2011, 07:25:39 PM »
Now that I've gotten the hang of picking locks, it's not that bad. I have a couple chests I couldn't get open in Bleak Falls or whatever that I'll have to go back for.

Judging by Kevrock's post, I'm working on the dungeon that I was supposed to do after that anyway, but it's completely by coincidence.

Haha, same here. It was the first location I found. Discovered later that the it's part of the main quest.

I'm not finding as many dungeons to crawl. I'm heading into some fort or something with bandids, though.

I found a forge in the middle of this field and apparently if you know when to forge weapons you can put some moon enchantment on the weapons that makes them more powerful at night.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #70: November 11, 2011, 07:37:25 PM »
Just realized you can dual-cast bind spells.  Dual-wielding bound swords  :twisted:  8)

Offline Bloo

« Reply #71: November 12, 2011, 01:06:35 AM »
Skyrim is off da hook!

Offline Nathan

« Reply #72: November 12, 2011, 06:05:46 PM »
Tap or click to expand:

Offline Nathan

« Reply #73: November 12, 2011, 06:10:11 PM »
Does any one else playing Skyrim on PC have like no sound.  I can barely hear anything, yet system sounds are blowing my eardrums out, so the the volume is turned up.  Apparently there is music?  I've never heard a single note of anything, like on the loading screens and such.  I listened to the theme on youtube and it's epic, but game, Y U NO PLAY THEME?!

Dovahkiin!  Dovahkiin!
Naal ok zin los vahriin!
wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
ahrk fin norok paal graan!
fod nust hon zindro zaan!
dovahkiin fah hin kogaan mu draal!!!!

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #74: November 13, 2011, 01:55:41 PM »
Much of my life will be devoted to Skyrim for the time being!  :lol: