Author Topic: Nats Forum Pro Wrestling Thread: Past, Present, Future  (Read 4344 times)

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Quote from: "Nat of the LivingDead"
Quote from: "Senators2005"
oh drat...I forgot all about Jake the Snake!  I remember him too.

The Bonus is no other than the Great Tony Atlas, father of the modern day wrestling genre.

Now that you said it, I am smacking my head.  I really should of known that.

To punish myself, I will have to spend a night in the same shack with these two guys:

(Image removed from quote.)

On a side note, my brother did a show in our hometown and the Bushwhackers worked teh show with him.  They were discussing the match in the back and how they were going to run it, and "Luke" asked my brother how he wanted to run the match.  My brother respectfully deferred to the Pros but they insisted that since the show was in his hometown that my brother ended the match.  If you recall the Bushwhackers finishing move, one guy used the other's head as a battering ram.  On that night, They used my brother's head as the battering ram and then set him up for his finisher and my brother got the pin despite not being the "pro" in the ring.  Probably the highlight of my brother's career.  Also have a good story about Tony Atlas but it's rather vulgar in nature.....

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Anyone getting Survivor Series?

I can't spend $50- on that card.  It's a sad state of affairs when you can say that the only match of the night with any intrigue whatsoever is the women's match......

I was just having the "Survivor Series" discussion with my wife.  She surprised me by saying she doesn't remember what the Survivor Series was back in the day.

Remember the good times when a wrestler was made team captain and then he chose a team of five or six guys to go against another chosen team of five or six?  They would make up names for their team like the "The American Dream Team" or the "Million Dollar Team" and would go out at.  Whoever wasn't pinned, counted out, or disqualified later when into the last match of the night with the survivors of the other matches?  It all was tag team, never another royal rumble.

I remember one specifically where the last match of the night was Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, and Tito Santana against the Million Dollar Man and like seven other guys.  Tito fell but Hogan and Warrior mopped up the rest of them and were the soul survivors.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
I, too, remember those halcyon days of yore.....

Not many of the traditional "Survivor Series" matches anymore.  This year they have three of them but they all seem rather unimpressive.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
From our folks at The Onion......

WWE: Illegal Mexican Wrestlers Taking Smackdowns American Wrestlers Don't Want

STAMFORD, CT?In response to criticism over World Wrestling Entertainment hiring policies, World Wrestling Entertainment Chairman Vince McMahon defended the league's reliance on Mexican wrestlers as "the only way fans can witness the grueling, bone-crunching maneuvers that American wrestlers want nothing to do with."

McMahon made the remarks after the Border Patrol, an unaffiliated Texas-based tag team known for wrestling masked Mexicans and then reporting them to Immigration and Naturalization Service officials, revealed that dozens of illegal Mexican wrestlers join the WWE each year.

The wrestlers, also known as "jobbers," come in search of greater title opportunities and more interesting storylines than those available in their small, unorganized Lucha Libre leagues.

"These masked luchadores are hard-working, energetic, and always willing to learn new skills that Americans consider beneath them?such as being power-bombed from the top turnbuckle or chokeslammed through the announcer's booth," said McMahon on this week's WWE Raw.

"The idea that these Mexicans are somehow stealing jobs from American wrestlers is ridiculous,"McMahon said.

"After all, someone's got to take these folding chairs to the face." McMahon then picked up a folding chair and whacked Rey Mysterio Jr. in the face.

It is not known exactly how many Mexican wrestlers are on the WWE payroll, since many lack Social Security numbers, or even clear and verifiable identities, as McMahon himself admitted Monday. "I know as much about these masked wrestlers as the fans do," McMahon said. "What's certain is, they often seem marvelous and mysterious, saintly, and even rude."

Yet some American-born wrestlers say they see the influx of Mexicans as a threat to current titleholders, with some going so far as to start on-camera feuds and challenge the Mexicans to special "Retirement Matches."

"Juventud Guerrera, you're headed for your own personal Day of the Dead," said Triple H, a noted opponent of Mexican wrestlers. "If I see you creeping down the aisle one more time, I'm going to notify the Big Boss Man, and you'll be sorry you ever crossed over into my storyline's territory."
Enlarge Image Illegal Mexican Wrestlers

Pro Wrestling Illustrated investigative reporter Bart Sweet said that McMahon is hiding cynical motives. "The WWE just wants these men for cheap labor they can use at non-televised house shows," Sweet said. "They believe luchadores lack the looks, personality, or basic speaking skills to headline main events. Even if one did successfully climb to the top of the company ladder, he would immediately be suplexed off of it and through a table."

Legendary Lucha Libre wrestlers Mil Mascaras and The Son of Santo, who say they always longed to cross over to the U.S. in search of the American Dream, Dusty Rhodes, claimed that the WWE is exploiting its Mexican wrestlers.

"Match after match, the world can see that the Americans hit our brethren with foreign objects like brass knuckles or barbed-wire baseball bats, but U.S. officials turn a blind eye to the abuse," Mascaras said. "When they turn around, the Mexicans are passed out in sleeper-holds, which only perpetuates the untrue stereotype that Mexican wrestlers are lazy."

According to The Son Of Santo, the brutal smackdowns that Mexican wrestlers suffer through just to earn a living have begun to take their toll.

"One of our country's greatest stars, Eddie Guerrero, has already been worked to death," The Son Of Santo said. "If the WWE continues to allow them to perform this risky, high-flying labor, many more will end up in casket matches well before their time."

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
Isn't just amazing that some people actually think this crap is real?   :lol:

Offline Dave B

Quote from: "Minty Fresh"
From our folks at The Onion......

WWE: Illegal Mexican Wrestlers Taking Smackdowns American Wrestlers Don't Want

STAMFORD, CT?In response to criticism over World Wrestling Entertainment hiring policies, World Wrestling Entertainment Chairman Vince McMahon defended the league's reliance on Mexican wrestlers as "the only way fans can witness the grueling, bone-crunching maneuvers that American wrestlers want nothing to do with."

McMahon made the remarks after the Border Patrol, an unaffiliated Texas-based tag team known for wrestling masked Mexicans and then reporting them to Immigration and Naturalization Service officials, revealed that dozens of illegal Mexican wrestlers join the WWE each year.

The wrestlers, also known as "jobbers," come in search of greater title opportunities and more interesting storylines than those available in their small, unorganized Lucha Libre leagues.

"These masked luchadores are hard-working, energetic, and always willing to learn new skills that Americans consider beneath them?such as being power-bombed from the top turnbuckle or chokeslammed through the announcer's booth," said McMahon on this week's WWE Raw.

"The idea that these Mexicans are somehow stealing jobs from American wrestlers is ridiculous,"McMahon said.

"After all, someone's got to take these folding chairs to the face." McMahon then picked up a folding chair and whacked Rey Mysterio Jr. in the face.

It is not known exactly how many Mexican wrestlers are on the WWE payroll, since many lack Social Security numbers, or even clear and verifiable identities, as McMahon himself admitted Monday. "I know as much about these masked wrestlers as the fans do," McMahon said. "What's certain is, they often seem marvelous and mysterious, saintly, and even rude."

Yet some American-born wrestlers say they see the influx of Mexicans as a threat to current titleholders, with some going so far as to start on-camera feuds and challenge the Mexicans to special "Retirement Matches."

"Juventud Guerrera, you're headed for your own personal Day of the Dead," said Triple H, a noted opponent of Mexican wrestlers. "If I see you creeping down the aisle one more time, I'm going to notify the Big Boss Man, and you'll be sorry you ever crossed over into my storyline's territory."
Enlarge Image Illegal Mexican Wrestlers

Pro Wrestling Illustrated investigative reporter Bart Sweet said that McMahon is hiding cynical motives. "The WWE just wants these men for cheap labor they can use at non-televised house shows," Sweet said. "They believe luchadores lack the looks, personality, or basic speaking skills to headline main events. Even if one did successfully climb to the top of the company ladder, he would immediately be suplexed off of it and through a table."

Legendary Lucha Libre wrestlers Mil Mascaras and The Son of Santo, who say they always longed to cross over to the U.S. in search of the American Dream, Dusty Rhodes, claimed that the WWE is exploiting its Mexican wrestlers.

"Match after match, the world can see that the Americans hit our brethren with foreign objects like brass knuckles or barbed-wire baseball bats, but U.S. officials turn a blind eye to the abuse," Mascaras said. "When they turn around, the Mexicans are passed out in sleeper-holds, which only perpetuates the untrue stereotype that Mexican wrestlers are lazy."

According to The Son Of Santo, the brutal smackdowns that Mexican wrestlers suffer through just to earn a living have begun to take their toll.

"One of our country's greatest stars, Eddie Guerrero, has already been worked to death," The Son Of Santo said. "If the WWE continues to allow them to perform this risky, high-flying labor, many more will end up in casket matches well before their time."

(Image removed from quote.)             (Image removed from quote.)

OK that was the Onion. I kinda skipped that part in the beginning then as I was reading iti I was confused.

BTW. RAW in DC dec 18th. I might just have to go.

Quote from: "Minty Fresh"
             (Image removed from quote.)

"Look at the size of his...."

Offline ColtonWillems

• "You have no integrity"

my all time favorite. I haven't watched wrestling in about 6 years though.