Author Topic: Nationals vs Diamondbacks, Game 3  (Read 17927 times)

Re: Nationals vs Diamondbacks, Game 3
« Reply #400: August 09, 2009, 04:45:49 PM »
I don't think anyone was for stopping what happened to Acta, not on this board anyways.

Traveling a lot recently. Brief Internet periods. Fantastic job, Nats. They've been making this trip a whole lot easier!

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #401: August 09, 2009, 04:49:38 PM »
I don't think anyone was for stopping what happened to Acta, not on this board anyways.

Traveling a lot recently. Brief Internet periods. Fantastic job, Nats. They've been making this trip a whole lot easier!
I thought you had said that they should have kept Acta?

We were never going anywhere under that lame ass. Terrible Major League manager. No fire.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #402: August 09, 2009, 04:52:11 PM »
Amazing. WTF are these guys?

« Reply #403: August 09, 2009, 04:52:56 PM »
I thought you had said that they should have kept Acta?

We were never going anywhere under that lame ass. Terrible Major League manager. No fire.

I said that firing him was not the ultimate solution, but I understood why he got the axe. I myself would have given him the axe in the situation the team was in.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #404: August 09, 2009, 05:00:16 PM »
this game thread died all of a sudden. nobody's posting in it.

Sorry, I had to go pick up the kid.  :icon_mrgreen:

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #405: August 09, 2009, 05:04:58 PM »
Why were the Nats stealing and sacrificing in the 8th with a 4 run lead?  :shock:

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #406: August 09, 2009, 05:12:05 PM »
Why were the Nats stealing and sacrificing in the 8th with a 4 run lead?  :shock:
Well it is the Nationals.

Offline NatsDad14

« Reply #407: August 09, 2009, 05:15:21 PM »

The better question is why Nyjer Morgan doesn't steal bases every time he is on base. Nyjer could have stolen home plate easily if the Nats didn't decide that we wanted to show mercy on our guests from Arizona.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #408: August 09, 2009, 05:21:45 PM »
PC is on deck.

Offline PC

« Reply #409: August 09, 2009, 05:24:37 PM »
PC is on deck.

I'll be prepping it all day tomorrow.  :D

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
« Reply #410: August 09, 2009, 05:39:01 PM »
The better question is why Nyjer Morgan doesn't steal bases every time he is on base. Nyjer could have stolen home plate easily if the Nats didn't decide that we wanted to show mercy on our guests from Arizona.
Our version of the Mercy Rules is deactivating Plush Mode.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #411: August 09, 2009, 06:36:33 PM »
again. that's bullcrap. I have changed nothing. I am a big fan of Clippard but as DCFan and I called a week ago he needs to work on throwing strikes more frequently.tomterp deserves it. sucks that clippard blew it but tomterp deserved to be proven wrong there. glad JB got out of it unscathed

Proven wrong?  You haven't proven jack.  You almost never prove anything, beyond that a fact in your mind is all that counts.

Clippard is currently 2nd on the team (among pitchers) in VORP, trailing only Lannan, and is and our top reliever.  He's by no means perfect, as nobody is, but on balance he's contributed a LOT to our bullpen, and was a huge upgrade over whoever he replaced.  (I can't even remember now, I'm trying to block it out of my memory).

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #412: August 09, 2009, 06:42:58 PM »
i'm a stud ... great day to pick a gameday starter!

no seriously good job nats!!!  we're smokinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #413: August 09, 2009, 06:52:38 PM »
Proven wrong?  You haven't proven jack.  You almost never prove anything, beyond that a fact in your mind is all that counts.

Clippard is currently 2nd on the team (among pitchers) in VORP, trailing only Lannan, and is and our top reliever.  He's by no means perfect, as nobody is, but on balance he's contributed a LOT to our bullpen, and was a huge upgrade over whoever he replaced.  (I can't even remember now, I'm trying to block it out of my memory).

and who said otherwise? like DCFan and I said, he has struggled throwing strikes and that will catch up to him soon enough unless he fixes that problem.

those 2 walks today were inexcusable but expected at this point from him. like the last 4 innings he has pitched he has walked the lead-off hitter.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #414: August 09, 2009, 06:55:34 PM »
So PC has TUESDAYS game.

Me and Hammonds looked for Blue and Tom earlier but I guess we were to late. We need to plan a meeting spot.

We usually watch the game underneath the scoreboard for a couple innings than move to our seats.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #415: August 09, 2009, 06:57:18 PM »
and who said otherwise? like DCFan and I said, he has struggled throwing strikes and that will catch up to him soon enough unless he fixes that problem.

those 2 walks today were inexcusable but expected at this point from him. like the last 4 innings he has pitched he has walked the lead-off hitter.

Well when you post a laundry list of flaws in what was intended to be an appreciation thread, and you can find not a single favorable thing to say about the reliever that has demonstrably been the best we have this season, then one is left to conclude that you must think he just completely stinks.  I mean, if you can't find a complement for an appreciation thread, it just isn't there to be found.

Did he blow you off for an autograph too?  Why the contempt?

Fortunately, most fans here were clamoring for his callup long before it actually happened, and we have not been disappointed.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #416: August 09, 2009, 07:04:31 PM »
Well when you post a laundry list of flaws in what was intended to be an appreciation thread, and you can find not a single favorable thing to say about the reliever that has demonstrably been the best we have this season, then one is left to conclude that you must think he just completely stinks.  I mean, if you can't find a complement for an appreciation thread, it just isn't there to be found.

Did he blow you off for an autograph too?  Why the contempt?

Fortunately, most fans here were clamoring for his callup long before it actually happened, and we have not been disappointed.

he's the same guy that has a hard on for wil nieves and roger bernadina :lmao:

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #417: August 09, 2009, 07:26:51 PM »

Unfortunately, Nyjer gets caught stealing way too often - picked off mostly. I'd prefer that he steal less, and pick the spots when he does more strategically. I like him running when the ball is in play, because he is so good at getting that extra base. Just his presence on the bases has an impact on the other team. His value is higher to me as a baserunner than a base stealer. The CS number takes away a lot of opportunities.

To Morgan's credit, the most promising thing about him offensively has been his OBP since joining the team. His plate discipline and willingness to bunt for hits has really helped. As a light hitter, he needed to get that OBP up to make him better than a marginal leadoff hitter. He's been a good tablesetter so far in this lineup. I doubt he will sustain the hitting pace, but if he can keep getting on base as a consistently, he'll be a bargain.

Offline ernie0326

« Reply #418: August 09, 2009, 07:44:13 PM »
Pretty soon the folks at ESPN gonna run out of NATINALS jokes. 

Offline Spinman

• Grandpa Spinman
« Reply #419: August 09, 2009, 08:06:56 PM »
Its nice to see everyone Jd in' it instead of Gd in' it for a change! As a Minister I like the JD in' it better! LOL

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #420: August 09, 2009, 08:39:02 PM »

His overall ERA is phenomenal :icon_mrgreen: but for the game in question, his pitching was subpar. 21 pitches and only 7 strikes is a joke.

« Reply #421: August 09, 2009, 09:22:51 PM »
8 in a row.  Thats unreal.  Go Nats.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #422: August 09, 2009, 09:28:08 PM »
His overall ERA is phenomenal :icon_mrgreen: but for the game in question, his pitching was subpar. 21 pitches and only 7 strikes is a joke.
22 balls to 10 balls strikes over his last 2 outings. 4 walks in 1 IP

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #423: August 09, 2009, 09:46:06 PM »
SI.com has us on the front of the baseball page. Flattering feeling!

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #424: August 09, 2009, 09:50:01 PM »
Its nice to see everyone Jd in' it instead of Gd in' it for a change! As a Minister I like the JD in' it better! LOL

I'll have to watch my P's and Q's now that I know that fact :P It explains your positive outook though :D