Author Topic: Washington Capitals (2012-13)  (Read 47331 times)

Offline UMDNats

Re: Washington Capitals 2012-2013
« Reply #1525: May 20, 2013, 08:10:45 PM »
He is NOT good in his own zone. I don't know how anyone can watch him and say that. If he doesn't have the offense he does, he's third line material, at best.

We don't need another scoring Dman, we need a forward who can score besides Ovechkin. Ribero, Johansson, Backstrom, and Erat are all looking to pass first. Hendericks and Ward are more brawn than skill, good for cleaning up trash and not much else. Fehr is ... I dunno ... still raw.  Much rather have a defenseman who can stop goals and get the puck through the neutral zone and another forward who can shoot the puck.

Trade away Green and our PP goes from #1 in the NHL to middle-of-the-pack.

Few defensemen are better puck handlers and passers than Green and he continues to improve in his own zone. I watch him every game and think he's solid enough back there, so we can agree to disagree. We definitely need another scorer, but taking away the #2 scoring option on the team won't accomplish this.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #1526: May 20, 2013, 09:30:58 PM »
I didn't know the whole ordeal about the Nats and o's and MASN prior to joining this site but I'm well aware of it now.  Baltimore has the right to invite Caps players to throw out a first pitch since they don't have a hockey team.  But why would you accept if you're Laich??

Apparently he was named after Brooks Robinson.  I don't have a problem with him being an O's fan, per se, but why the hell are the Caps pimping out this association on their team page???  Tacky, at best.

Offline Dave B

« Reply #1527: May 21, 2013, 08:11:51 AM »
Trade away Green and our PP goes from #1 in the NHL to middle-of-the-pack.

Few defensemen are better puck handlers and passers than Green and he continues to improve in his own zone. I watch him every game and think he's solid enough back there, so we can agree to disagree. We definitely need another scorer, but taking away the #2 scoring option on the team won't accomplish this.

Green might get in trouble when pressured, but he is fast enough and good enough to make many plays before pressure arrives. Other d might be stronger under pressure, but they also find themselves in that position more. Green makes a lot of 50/50 pucks 100/0 and some 0/100 pucks 50/50

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #1528: May 22, 2013, 05:49:39 PM »

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!