Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals vs Braves, Game 1 (L)  (Read 15343 times)

Gameday Thread: Nationals vs Braves, Game 1 (L)
« Reply #175: August 15, 2006, 06:24:54 AM »
Quote from: "nats2playoffs"
I think Frank Robinson is the only player to hit 3 HRs in one game in RFK, for the AL Orioles.  Chipper Jones has done it for the NL Braves.  Let's face it, we have minor league pitchers at best.  Kasten said at the sale he was pursuing pitching.  If I were NOLD, I wouldn't get attached to Patterson.  He's cheap but totally unreliable.   I don't want someone who's on the DL half the year, every single year.  Dump him.  And Frank.
(Image removed from quote.)

Patterson will not be traded, at least not next season.  They are already in the process of getting him healthy and grooming him to be the ace of the staff.  To get rid of him would truly show "lack of commitment" more so than ridding ourselves of Soriano who, by the way, I wouldn't get too attached too either.

If Patterson is as worthless as you say, who could we get for him then?  Who would replace him as the ace of the staff?  Ortiz?  Day?  Armas Jr.?  Those names in that role give me the upchuck feeling.

Patterson has such potential if he can stay healthy.  He has from now to Opening Day to get himself in order.  We don't even fully know what we have in him yet so to just up and get rid of him without giving him the chance in the Ace role is totally jumping the gun.