Author Topic: $16 million for another year of 'Barrygate'  (Read 1456 times)

AuRevoirExpos

$16 million for another year of 'Barrygate'
« Topic Start: December 08, 2006, 11:27:13 AM »
The Giants GM Brian Sabean must be just about the worst in the majors.

This is surely by far the craziest deal of the winter yet.

Are they insane? As soon as Bonds approaches Hank Aaron the amount of negative baggage and ridicule he's going to bring to that club because of his alleged use of steroids will overshadow anything else they manage to achieve. And after he passes Aaron he'll just keep his bat on his smug shoulder and see the rest of the year out, because any idiot knows he's one selfish s.o.b. and he's only taking another year specifically in order to get to 755, and not to help his club become a contender.

I honestly thought they'd cut their ties with him and let some other club in 2007 take over hosting the media freak-show that Bonds has become these past couple of years.

The money is just totally obscene for what they'll get back from him in production, even if it is only for one year. It makes the sort of deal Soriano got in Chicago look like chicken-feed. Unless he has had some miraculous post-season medical transformation we all know that Bonds can't field, he can barely run, and his legs are just about shot so they'll be lucky to get about 350 at-bats out of him, and about half of them he'll probably just take a walk.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #1: December 08, 2006, 03:28:27 PM »
And I prayed that he wouldn't get a contract......... :(

« Reply #2: December 08, 2006, 03:42:45 PM »
Jesus Christ.  I guarantee the Giants are just collecting the oldest and most broken down players they can so that when they die, they can collect on their life insurance.  

I can't believe that juicer showed his face at the Winter Meetings and I can't believe Darth Injector complained about this deal even.

F Bonds.  May his bat shatter and crack.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #3: December 08, 2006, 09:38:41 PM »
Quote from: "Nat of the LivingDead"

May his steroid-crippled knee shatter and crack.

AuRevoirExpos

« Reply #4: December 09, 2006, 11:00:15 AM »
Quote from: "2k6nats"
Quote from: "Nat of the LivingDead"

May his steroid-crippled knee shatter and crack.

Indeed...and preferably as he rounds the bases having just hit No.754  :twisted: