Author Topic: Nationals @ Giants, Game 1  (Read 32402 times)

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Re: Nationals @ Giants, Game 1
« Reply #825: May 12, 2009, 09:37:01 AM »
Manny has his favorites and it's ridiculous.

To people counting guys on the roster from this and that country, the roster is set by STAN KASTEN AND MIKE RIZZO. All Manny could do is move him to the bullpen. He does not set the 25 or 40 man roster. So get over it.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #826: May 12, 2009, 09:40:52 AM »
nice, they are ripping Cabrera to crap right now. Dibble just said he doesn't belong on this ballclub. Knight agrees I believe.

He said the same two weeks ago on XM radio on his nationally syndicated show "The Show" with Jody MacDonald and Rob Dibble.  I like the way they opent the show every day asking Dibble how he's doing and where he is today because of his new job with teh Nats.  It's like a mini-plug for the Nats every single day.  About two weeks ago Jody MacDonald asked about the previous night's game in which Cabrera had stunk up the joint and Dibble made a comment that went something like, "well I don't consider him (Cabrera) to be a major league pitcher."  When MacDonald asked him something like, "well, Dibbs, technically he is since you are, in fact, following a major league team, correct?"  Dibble responded, "he won't be in this rotation long."

Make Rob Dibble the color analyst AND the pitching coach - TODAY.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #827: May 12, 2009, 09:47:42 AM »
Make Rob Dibble the color analyst AND the pitching coach - TODAY.
How great would that be if every time he wanted to calm down the pitcher he'd get on the loud speaker and call time.  Take the elevator down from the top of the stadium.  Change into his uniform and rip the pitcher new one.  Head back throught the clubhouse, put his suit back on and come back to the broadcast booth.  It'd probably take about 15 minutes. 

Or maybe he could do color from the dugout...

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #828: May 12, 2009, 11:09:44 AM »
For those who want Ray Knight to coach this team:
In 1997, Knight forgot how many outs there had been in a half-inning in which the Reds were at bat and called for a bunt at an inopportune time. He later fined himself $250 for the incident.
Think about that for a moment. Do we really want to hire ... an ex-Red?!?

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #829: May 12, 2009, 11:14:57 AM »
For those who want Ray Knight to coach this team:Think about that for a moment. Do we really want to hire ... an ex-Red?!?

He shows emotion and Bowden doesn't have any ties to this.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #830: May 12, 2009, 11:20:26 AM »
He fined himself $250 lol I like that.

But really, i don't think anyone is SERIOUS about him being manager.  Besides it's more fun to listen to him and Dibble tag-team our awful pitchers.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #831: May 12, 2009, 01:56:19 PM »
He shows emotion

That crap means nothing except to the likes of sportsfan. Torre is hailed around here as a genius manager and he isn't emotional.

About Knight calling for a bunt at an inopportune time, what must his bench coach and 3B coach been thinking? Why didn't they point this out to him?  :rofl: