Author Topic: Nationals @ Mets, Game 2  (Read 53960 times)

Offline hammondsnats

Re: Nationals @ Mets, Game 2
« Reply #425: September 11, 2008, 10:40:20 AM »
I have no issue with what RZ said, but I do think it is better said behind closed doors. I would hope that Dukes would get backed up a little more by his team mates and manager, although I think Acta was more diplomatic. Dukes is a football player at heart, and I kind of like that he shows this level of passion. He does need to stay within himself, but that is something that he should get from the other players on the team. It would be easier for RZ to get that point across to him by handling this in private, while publicly backing him up a little more. (Just my take on how I'd like to see it handled.) I think Dukes is genuinely well liked and appreciated.''

Looking at the full text from Zimmerman I am completley 110% behind what he said.  He mentioned "I don't know if there is a place for that in baseball" which is better than just saying "there is no place."  Then he moved on to a subject of how talented Dukes is and that they need him.  I think Zim did the right thing to say he acknowledges it, but nobody wants to talk about it.

I agree, I thought Acta would be a little harder.  And Milledge stuck up for Dukes, seeing how he got hit by a couple pitches last weekend and almost started something.