Author Topic: 3/10/09 Unofficial Game Thread: Nationals vs Mets  (Read 11741 times)

Chacin has been much better than I expected. Chacin to the pen?

Only if the Nats make hilarious promos like the one above.

Was there a bet?

Sort of. Hammonds and I had been debating all off season if Dunn was going to sign in DC or not. I thought not, he obsessed so ;) . I told him if Dunn signed in DC I would put up the most PG fruity Dunn avatar I could create for a full month.

Obviously I lost and tomorrow is the end of that month.

Thank God.

Offline natsfan4evr

Sort of. Hammonds and I had been debating all off season if Dunn was going to sign in DC or not. I thought not, he obsessed so ;) . I told him if Dunn signed in DC I would put up the most PG fruity Dunn avatar I could create for a full month.

Thank God.
I originally thought it had something to do with Valentine's Day.
I wasn't going to say anything

I originally thought it had something to do with Valentine's Day.
I wasn't going to say anything

No, nothing like that. I'm just queer. :lol:

Offline hammondsnats

Thank God.

freak off, I was never obsessed I just wanted our team to get better.  I think with him being a Nat we will.  You can thank me later.  And I never said you had to have that as your avatar, but it has brought us good luck though so far.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Another great play by AGonz ...

Offline hammondsnats

JZ will definitely be on this club come Opening Day.  Strras/JZ/Lannan are really going to be a nice combo for years to come.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
I think you should keep that avatar, NOTLD. :lol: It's hilarious.

I think you should keep that avatar, NOTLD. :lol: It's hilarious.

I'm retiring it after 8pm tomorrow. There is nothing anyone can say to make me do otherwise. :lol:

Offline natsfan4evr

I'm retiring it after 8pm tomorrow. There is nothing anyone can say to make me do otherwise. :lol:
If we start sucking again.. that's going right back where it is now.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Chacin has been much better than I expected. Chacin to the pen?

Maybe to the rotation . . .

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
oops ... churchie with the  boot ... Cintron with a stand up triple ....

freak off, I was never obsessed I just wanted our team to get better.  I think with him being a Nat we will.  You can thank me later.  And I never said you had to have that as your avatar, but it has brought us good luck though so far.

You should have been renamed AirDunn! And not that ST is any indication of anything, but this team has been winning without him since he left for the WBC. I'm hoping you're right. But I don't want to hear any sob stories or see any tears if he gets injured this year or he doesn't hit 40. We got him, we're paying him, we should expect results.

I stand by what I say and I keep my promises.

If we start sucking again.. that's going right back where it is now.

If that happens I'll gladly donate it to whoever wants to carry it on.

Offline natsfan4evr

Triple for Cintron

His cologne must be wearing off...

Offline natsfan4evr

His cologne must be wearing off...
Chacin's? Cintron is on our team

Offline hammondsnats

You should have been renamed AirDunn! And not that ST is any indication of anything, but this team has been winning without him since he left for the WBC. I'm hoping you're right. But I don't want to hear any sob stories or see any tears if he gets injured this year or he doesn't hit 40. We got him, we're paying him, we should expect results.

I stand by what I say and I keep my promises.

No I shouldn't have been called AirDunn, I was making a case saying we needed a power bat to help our terrible offense from last year and we got that bat (btw, you said he wouldn't come here 8)).  We're gonna be a better team with him in the line-up.  Just how much better, we'll find out.

Chacin's? Cintron is on our team

Damn it, read that wrong. Sorry. Chacin is fresh as a daisy. :lol:

Bags

Church dove for a ball?  I'd like to see that, he'll slide feet-first to make a catch, but he never once dove head-first for a ball while with the Nats, he clearly had an aversion to doing that.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Dunn's practically carrying the US team, a homer a game it seems, plus I actually saw a complement in the media regarding his excellent defense at first base so far.    :shock:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Church dove for a ball?  I'd like to see that, he'll slide feet-first to make a catch, but he never once dove head-first for a ball while with the Nats, he clearly had an aversion to doing that.

He's more of a crash into the wall guy, but he can't be doing that anymore.  One more concussion and he might be through.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
ugh, back to back 4 pitch walks for hinkley (total smokin fox) ... that's not good (the pitch part, not the fox part)

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
Dunn's practically carrying the US team, a homer a game it seems, plus I actually saw a complement in the media regarding his excellent defense at first base so far.    :shock:
Omg tradezzzzz :drool:

Offline natsfan4evr

He is playing in RF. Maybe he switched late in the game?