Author Topic: Playing Hooky: Best Places for Phone Calls at Nationals Park  (Read 1016 times)

Offline Obed_Marsh

So with our scheduled start times, it looks like I will need to try to find someplace quiet to make some unavoidable phone calls. Anybody got advice on where are the quietest places to make telephone calls at Nationals park?

I am guessing by the second level conference rooms but I don't recall ever trying to go there aside from the fake giveaway and they are the opposite side of the park from my seats.

Offline GburgNatsFan2

There's stairwell between the first and second level on the first base side. It's pretty quiet. Also heated for those nippy Spring and Fall games.
So with our scheduled start times, it looks like I will need to try to find someplace quiet to make some unavoidable phone calls. Anybody got advice on where are the quietest places to make telephone calls at Nationals park?

I am guessing by the second level conference rooms but I don't recall ever trying to go there aside from the fake giveaway and they are the opposite side of the park from my seats.

Online Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Just have someone nearby read off imaginary boarding announcements.  People attend telecons all the time from departure lounges.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
Family Restroom? Pretty sure it's a 1 seater in there.

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
I've tried from the ladies room by the Scoreboard Walk, no dice. Luckily it was my mom, not work.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
The back ramp facing the river or behind the Red Loft facing Metro.

Offline GburgNatsFan2

Yes, it's me.

This is just my Safe-for-work account. No avis displayed, no uncensored access, no signatures, profanity filtered.

Thanks GburgNatsFan2. :thumbs:

Are you the same person as GburgNatsFan?

I can skip the imaginary announcements. I travel at such an insane pace it won't matter aside from reducing the ambient noise levels. Granted should we play on Friday, I'd rather not have to explain why chants of "Let's Go Nats!" and "Cardinals suck" appear in the background of my part of the conversation during the monthly team meeting.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
If you still have club passes from your STH book you should be able to go down in the club tomorrow.  I did that a number of times last season and the reception was pretty clear but it being a playoff game YMMV.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
I made one extended call from the ramp overlooking the Anacostia, that winds down RFK style from the top concourse to the lower ones.  Not perfectly quiet though.

Offline 1995hoo

If you can stand the foul stench, perhaps going out the third-base gate to the smokers' area might work? You do risk noise from sirens and the like.

Or if you frequently have to take calls on the road, such as in your car, perhaps a noise-cancelling Bluetooth earpiece could work. I have one for when I drive my wife's car or our convertible (my sedan has a built-in Bluetooth system) and it works really well—I once called my father from the convertible when I was driving 75 mph with the top down in the I-395 express lanes and the noise-cancellation was effective enough that he didn't believe I was in the car until I honked the horn at some idiot. I have no idea how effective such a device would be at a game, though I'm sure if you remained in the stands it would be obvious where you were.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
I made one extended call from the ramp overlooking the Anacostia, that winds down RFK style from the top concourse to the lower ones.  Not perfectly quiet though.

My co-worker will be out there on a conference call tomorrow.  I'm skipping my meetings and telling people that I'm available by text message only.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
If your coworkers know you, they know where you are!

Offline Copecwby20

I basically told my boss that I would be unavailable all day and if there was an emergency only expect drunk solutions and be prepared to come drive me if they needed me in the office

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
If your coworkers know you, they know where you are!

:-)

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
suggestion - the stair case behind CF that goes down to the yards parking lot.  Plan on muting a lot.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Place phone in toilet

Flush

Drink Beer

Enjoy game

A half day means a half day to me - maybe I'll check my email, maybe not