Author Topic: STRAHAN REPORTER  (Read 1209 times)

nospinzone1

STRAHAN REPORTER
« Topic Start: November 29, 2006, 06:21:07 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061129/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_strahan_blowup

THE TWO LEGGED HORSE'S ASS MAKES A COMMENT ON THE AIR AND THEN HAS THE GALL TO CONFRONT THE REPORTER THAT QUOTED HIM. WILL THESE "REAL INTELLIGENT ATHLETES" EVER GROW UP. MIND YOU , THERE ARE REPORTERS THAT DESERVE AL THE SHEIS THEY GET FROM ATHLETES SOMETIMES. BUT IN THIS CASE THE JERK ASS ATHLETE IS THE CULPRIT.

Offline UMDNats

STRAHAN REPORTER
« Reply #1: November 29, 2006, 07:17:19 PM »
Athletes aren't "real intelligent." Maybe 10% of the athletes in the NBA, NHL, NFL, and MLB are real smart people. I'm not really sure though. Most of them have gotten through college/school on talent alone. The smart ones I respect a lot more, such as the student-athletes who play football/basketball and have good GPAs.

And in my opinion Strahan is a class act. He made one bad comment. I'm not ready to declare him a jerk. But he shouldn't have called out the reporter and he should've picked his words better.

nospinzone1

STRAHAN REPORTER
« Reply #2: November 29, 2006, 09:51:51 PM »
Quote from: "Nats19"
Athletes aren't "real intelligent." Maybe 10% of the athletes in the NBA, NHL, NFL, and MLB are real smart people. I'm not really sure though. Most of them have gotten through college/school on talent alone. The smart ones I respect a lot more, such as the student-athletes who play football/basketball and have good GPAs.

And in my opinion Strahan is a class act. He made one bad comment. I'm not ready to declare him an jerk. But he shouldn't have called out the reporter and he should've picked his words better.

IN MY BOOK HE IS AN JERK SINCE HE KNOWS FRICKING WELL THAT HE CAN BEAT A REPORTER WITH ONE HAND TIED TO HIS BACK. THAT IS WHAT I CALL BEING A BULLY. AND AGAIN, SOME REPORTERS DESERVE AN ASSWHIPPING BUT IN THIS OCCASSION I THINK STRAHAN IS THE JERK.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
STRAHAN REPORTER
« Reply #3: November 30, 2006, 08:45:57 AM »
Quote from: "nospinzone1"
IN MY BOOK HE IS AN JERK SINCE HE KNOWS FRICKING WELL THAT HE CAN BEAT A REPORTER WITH ONE HAND TIED TO HIS BACK. THAT IS WHAT I CALL BEING A BULLY. AND AGAIN, SOME REPORTERS DESERVE AN ASSWHIPPING BUT IN THIS OCCASSION I THINK STRAHAN IS THE JERK.[/b]

I can't believe I'm about to do this, nospin, you should probably sit down for this one..........

I agree 100% with Cubiche/nospinzone1.  What did Strahan expect?  Here's the chronology of events:

- Strahan gives a juicy snippet to a beat reporter - ON THE RECORD - on Wednesday and the beat reporter tries to follow up the comment the following day and gets brushed off when Strahan says, "I don't give interviews on Thursdays."  

- So , the reporter, doing her job, goes over to Burress and relays the comments made by Strahan and Burress gets understandably upset.  

- After being confronted by Burress, Strahan then collects a group of reporters (not including the one he made the original comment to) to lash out at said reporter.  Mind you, he has already stated that he doesn't give interviews on Thursdays.

Strahan is 100% wrong here and HE knows it.  He goofed and is looking for someone to pin the blame on.  He has played football for how many years?  He should know better.  And further - HE PLAYS FOOTBALL IN NEW YORK WHERE HE KNOWS FULL WELL WHAT THE MEDIA IS LIKE.  Here's an idea Mike, if you don't want that sort of thing out there, then shut your pie-hole.

Offline Dave B

STRAHAN REPORTER
« Reply #4: November 30, 2006, 09:40:57 AM »
No sympathy from the NY tabloids

And I'll throw in the front cover as well (for the Danny DeVino reference)

[/img]

Offline Dave B

STRAHAN REPORTER
« Reply #5: November 30, 2006, 09:46:13 AM »
Danny DeVino Youtube. why not?

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
STRAHAN REPORTER
« Reply #6: November 30, 2006, 10:30:00 AM »
Nothing says tacky, tasteless journalism like the New York Daily News (other than maybe the New York Post).

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
STRAHAN REPORTER
« Reply #7: November 30, 2006, 01:19:27 PM »
God, help the Giants  :pray:

I've always liked the team, and it's sad to see the team's playoff hopes jeopardized by something by this.  In addition to that, talking about Eli Manning's skills are starting to arise; not a fun time for Giants football.

Offline ColtonWillems

• "You have no integrity"
STRAHAN REPORTER
« Reply #8: November 30, 2006, 02:46:39 PM »
Quote from: "2k6nats"
God, help the Giants  :pray:

I've always liked the team, and it's sad to see the team's playoff hopes jeopardized by something by this.  In addition to that, talking about Eli Manning's skills are starting to arise; not a fun time for Giants football.

No it is not

nospinzone1

STRAHAN REPORTER
« Reply #9: December 02, 2006, 12:37:19 AM »
Quote from: "Minty Fresh"
Quote from: "nospinzone1"
IN MY BOOK HE IS AN JERK SINCE HE KNOWS FRICKING WELL THAT HE CAN BEAT A REPORTER WITH ONE HAND TIED TO HIS BACK. THAT IS WHAT I CALL BEING A BULLY. AND AGAIN, SOME REPORTERS DESERVE AN ASSWHIPPING BUT IN THIS OCCASSION I THINK STRAHAN IS THE JERK.[/b]

I can't believe I'm about to do this, nospin, you should probably sit down for this one..........

I agree 100% with Cubiche/nospinzone1.  What did Strahan expect?  Here's the chronology of events:

- Strahan gives a juicy snippet to a beat reporter - ON THE RECORD - on Wednesday and the beat reporter tries to follow up the comment the following day and gets brushed off when Strahan says, "I don't give interviews on Thursdays."  

- So , the reporter, doing her job, goes over to Burress and relays the comments made by Strahan and Burress gets understandably upset.  

- After being confronted by Burress, Strahan then collects a group of reporters (not including the one he made the original comment to) to lash out at said reporter.  Mind you, he has already stated that he doesn't give interviews on Thursdays.

Strahan is 100% wrong here and HE knows it.  He goofed and is looking for someone to pin the blame on.  He has played football for how many years?  He should know better.  And further - HE PLAYS FOOTBALL IN NEW YORK WHERE HE KNOWS FULL WELL WHAT THE MEDIA IS LIKE.  Here's an idea Mike, if you don't want that sort of thing out there, then shut your pie-hole.

MY CALICO MISSY THANKS YOU

many years ago, at old Griffith Stadium, Camilo Pascual was pretty tight with Bob Addie, the late reporter of the Washington Compost; Addie betrayed Pascual's confidence by printing something that was private about Pascual. Pascual confronted him and grabbed him by the throat in the locker room. Although , in this case, I think Pascual was justified, he should have held his temper even though Addie acted like 95 percent of the sportswriters, like two legged asses.