Author Topic: Any rumors on game time for Sunday? [edit - 3:07 PM EDT]  (Read 2824 times)

Offline BH34Natural

I am guessing Cincinnati/San Fran has the late start time on Sunday night.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Re: Any rumors on game time for Sunday?
« Reply #1: October 03, 2012, 08:24:42 PM »

There will be four games that day, three on TBS and one on MLB Network.  Don't know anything more at this point. M(ajor) L(oser) B(ud) may wait until after the wildcard games on Friday to announce anything since those winners will host the two Game Ones on Sunday.

Offline DC_Nats

« Reply #2: October 03, 2012, 09:08:56 PM »

Am wondering since that would be game two and they then travel if they wouldn't want to be the early game. Specially since coming from the West Coast.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #3: October 03, 2012, 11:15:31 PM »
So it looks like Saturday's games are slated to be Oakland @ Detroit at 6 ET and Cincinnati @ San Francisco at 9:30. Any idea how that might impact our starting time on Sunday?

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #4: October 03, 2012, 11:20:53 PM »
DC vs. ATL would be hilarious (nats and skins vs. braves and falcons).  i assume it'll be a 5 pm first pitch, just imo.

i hope wednesday's game is at 735-8. 

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #5: October 03, 2012, 11:27:03 PM »
DC vs. ATL would be hilarious (nats and skins vs. braves and falcons).  i assume it'll be a 5 pm first pitch, just imo.

i hope wednesday's game is at 735-8. 

That would be the worst possible time slot for me.  Any of the other 3 would be better...

Offline spidernat

« Reply #6: October 03, 2012, 11:27:19 PM »
I see no reason why the Nats game won't be at 8 pm on Wednesday. By Thursday, however, there could potentially be game 5 in both leagues so my guess is that game 4 will be in the afternoon.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #7: October 03, 2012, 11:27:38 PM »
That would be the worst possible time slot for me.  Any of the other 3 would be better...

what do you have going on better than a playoff baseball game?

Offline Squab

• Global Moderator
  • me lookin at the bullpen
« Reply #8: October 03, 2012, 11:30:22 PM »
Zuckerman has a good point.
Quote from: @MarkZuckerman
We don't know gametimes yet, but an educated guess: Because #Nats will be playing on same days as #Yankees, be ready for afternoon starts.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #9: October 03, 2012, 11:36:58 PM »
what do you have going on better than a playoff baseball game?

Didn't say it was better, but it is a previous commitment that I can't get out of.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #10: October 03, 2012, 11:50:22 PM »
Didn't say it was better, but it is a previous commitment that I can't get out of.

you should get out of it 8)

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #11: October 04, 2012, 12:00:46 AM »
Not an option.  That's alright.  Not gonna worry about it until they actually announce game a formal game time.

Offline NatsTheFats

« Reply #12: October 04, 2012, 12:14:07 AM »
I have family coming in from the fillie area for the long weekend.  I am going to force them to sit down and watch my nagassawesome Nats with me. 

I'm still drunk from Monday night...

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #13: October 04, 2012, 08:23:25 AM »
I have a big conflict on October 10 but thankfully it's downtown and it's in the morning. Should be over by noon.

Whew. That was close.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #14: October 04, 2012, 08:48:12 AM »
Please, please, please be the late slot. :pray:

I don't get back until late Sunday night from my honeymoon. If it is later and by some miracle my tickets were delivered I won't have wasted a pair.

Offline Knight

« Reply #15: October 04, 2012, 09:25:08 AM »

I don't get back until late Sunday night from my honeymoon. If it is later and by some miracle my tickets were delivered I won't have wasted a pair.

Sunday game will be on the road.

Offline Hondo

« Reply #16: October 04, 2012, 09:28:34 AM »
go to your nats account and transfer the tickets to yourself, then print them out.

Offline Hondo

« Reply #17: October 04, 2012, 09:29:54 AM »
So when are they going to set the times?!?!?!  I really need to give work a heads up if I'm going to take off early for the game.

Offline loshjott

« Reply #18: October 04, 2012, 09:31:01 AM »
I'm guessing times won't be set until WC games are over late Friday night.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #19: October 04, 2012, 09:41:22 AM »
If we play Sunday  ..  what is the NLDS playout look like?   Sunday-Monday then Tu, Wed, Thur?   I have tickets to the 2nd home game but have a roadtrip planned for late next week.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #20: October 04, 2012, 09:42:48 AM »
At least Texas and St Louis are not on the West Coast.  You have to figure the SF and the Oakland home games get the late slot, and conveniently the Giants host the first 2 and Oakland hosts the last up to 3.  You can figure that those will all be the late slots. 

I buy that the NYY will get the prime time slot for every game they are in.  Zuckerman is probably right - Afternoon games until the NYY are eliminated.   I don't know if Columbus day makes afternoon baseball more attractive in NY, where it is a holiday (same I guess is true for the federal gov't center, I suppose).

Offline spidernat

« Reply #21: October 04, 2012, 09:53:58 AM »
If we play Sunday  ..  what is the NLDS playout look like?   Sunday-Monday then Tu, Wed, Thur?   I have tickets to the 2nd home game but have a roadtrip planned for late next week.

Nats play at home Wed., Thur., Fri., so your tickets are for Thursday.

Offline Fan037

« Reply #22: October 04, 2012, 09:55:07 AM »
We play away Sunday and Monday.  Wouldn't Tuesday be a travel day and Wednesday, Thursday and Friday be the days we play here in DC?

Offline wj73

« Reply #23: October 04, 2012, 09:55:20 AM »
Agreed on needing to give work a heads up if I've got to take off early next week if we're an afternoon game, or if I have to take a couple of hours off work the next morning if we're a late game.  I've let my boss know that it's upcoming, but it's hard to plan meetings and things when you don't know if you'll be at work or not. 

Fortunately my boss is a rabid football fan and understands how important it is to be there when your team is in the playoffs.  (She's a Steelers fan, but we'll overlook that.)  I can't imagine explaining this schedule craziness to a non-sports-loving boss.  Yikes.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #24: October 04, 2012, 09:55:50 AM »

:spit:  Don't let your wife read this.