Author Topic: The time has come....  (Read 1981 times)

Offline Coladar

Re: The time has come....
« Reply #50: April 09, 2011, 04:27:04 PM »
The very concept that the Lerners are worse owners is a catastrophic joke. Let's ignore what he did to DC as not factoring in. How many years has Angelos owned the Orioles? In how many of those years have they had a winning record? And the Lerners have owned the Nats five seasons. It isn't remotely feasible for the Lerners to already be worse owners than Angelos unless we all have a time machine or the Lerners are intentionally tanking the team.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #51: April 09, 2011, 04:30:06 PM »
The Lerners are worse.   Angelos learned from his many mistakes and finally brought in a major league manager last year.   The Lerners, meanwhile, have shown no willingness to stop bringing in bargain bin managers.
How long has Angelos owned the Angels?  It seems like it took him a lot longer to learn that it has the Lerners, who have shown that they have learned from past mistakes.  The Lerner's are still fairly new to the MLB ownership fraternity.

Offline bud

« Reply #52: April 09, 2011, 04:33:48 PM »
How long has Angelos owned the Angels?  It seems like it took him a lot longer to learn that it has the Lerners, who have shown that they have learned from past mistakes.  The Lerner's are still fairly new to the MLB ownership fraternity.

I only wish Angelos would move to California and ruin another team besides the Orioles. :D

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #53: April 09, 2011, 05:27:08 PM »
The very concept that the Lerners are worse owners is a catastrophic joke. Let's ignore what he did to DC as not factoring in. How many years has Angelos owned the Orioles? In how many of those years have they had a winning record? And the Lerners have owned the Nats five seasons. It isn't remotely feasible for the Lerners to already be worse owners than Angelos unless we all have a time machine or the Lerners are intentionally tanking the team.

Yet if we somehow re-acquire Nyjer Morgan you'll begin to root for PA.  :rofl:

Offline NeedaNewNick

« Reply #54: April 09, 2011, 06:16:32 PM »
I have boycotted OPACY since 2002 out of protest of Peter Angelos.

So has everyone else by the looks of the tiny crowds they're still getting in spite of the new players and good start.   A very audible "Let's Go Rangers" chant just started in a fairly empty Camden Yards.

Either way, Angelos has solid people in charge now with Showalter and McPhail.   Meanwhile, we're stuck with the very inexpensive, and very unqualified Rizzo and Riggleman.  The Lerners have repeatedly devoted more energy to auditing expense reports than winning ballgames.   Only the Royals, Pirates, and Orioles have as many consecutive losing seasons as the Nats, and they all play in tiny markets, and Baltimore could very well break that streak this year.   The Lerners have had more than enough time to prove that they're undoubtedly the worst owners in the game.

The problem is many Nats fans have remarkably low expectations, and have continued to buy into the "right track", "exciting young players", "mentors" public relations lines while the team has lost 90-100 every year.    Not to mention the perpetual "we'll be ready to compete in 2 years".  No one with a winning attitude would ever accept that, especially when it's repeated 5 years in a row.

Offline bud

« Reply #55: April 09, 2011, 06:34:31 PM »
Either way, Angelos has solid people in charge now with Showalter and McPhail.   Meanwhile, we're stuck with the very inexpensive, and very unqualified Rizzo and Riggleman. 

Trust me, Andy MacPhail is the village idiot. He's universally despised around Baltimore.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #56: April 09, 2011, 06:59:52 PM »
How does every thread turn into ownership/Rizzo/Angelos?

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #57: April 09, 2011, 07:04:06 PM »
The problem is many Nats fans have remarkably low expectations, and have continued to buy into the "right track", "exciting young players", "mentors" public relations lines while the team has lost 90-100 every year.    Not to mention the perpetual "we'll be ready to compete in 2 years".  No one with a winning attitude would ever accept that, especially when it's repeated 5 years in a row.

If I'm alive in two years I hope that we can look back on this and laugh.  Hopefully it won't be a laugh of cynicism. 

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #58: April 09, 2011, 07:13:49 PM »
If I'm alive in two years I hope that we can look back on this and laugh.  Hopefully it won't be a laugh of cynicism. 

:lmao:  Awesome avatar MDS.