0 (0%)
Manny Acta
10 (25%)
Kip Wells
2 (5%)
Other
3 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: Who Is Our Worst Pitcher?  (Read 1792 times)

Offline UMDNats

Who Is Our Worst Pitcher?
« Topic Start: May 01, 2009, 10:20:25 AM »
Who is the worst of our abysmal pitching staff?

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Re: Who Is Our Worst Pitcher?
« Reply #1: May 01, 2009, 10:25:32 AM »
Cabrera.  Though Tavarez is a 1A.

Offline R-Zim#11

« Reply #2: May 01, 2009, 10:38:11 AM »
Cabrera.  Though Tavarez is a 1A.

I have to go with either Hanrahan or Rivera...Cabrera is pretty bad...

MrMadison

« Reply #3: May 01, 2009, 10:40:53 AM »
hanrahan followed by crab

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #4: May 01, 2009, 10:45:24 AM »
Hanrahan?  I think Hanrahan is just in the wrong role.  He was fine before he moved to closer. 

Cabrera has ALWAYS sucked no matter where he's been.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #5: May 01, 2009, 10:49:09 AM »
Hanrahan?  I think Hanrahan is just in the wrong role.  He was fine before he moved to closer. 
There's probably some validity to that but that run he balked in before throwing a pitch yesterday...seriously.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #6: May 01, 2009, 10:49:54 AM »
Cabrera now, but give wells time

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #7: May 01, 2009, 11:12:22 AM »
joel hanrahan and manny acta and it's not even close.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #8: May 01, 2009, 11:13:15 AM »

yeah hanrahan last night on 3 pitches ... balk (to score a run), allows stolen base, sac fly (to score a run).  yeah he's good in that role too. 

hanrahan sucks.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #9: May 01, 2009, 11:23:11 AM »
hanrahan followed by crab
QFT. although the rest are not far behind. Kip Wells and Julian Tavarez are trash.

« Reply #10: May 01, 2009, 11:24:45 AM »
Hanrahan. Cabrera can only lose us so many games. Hanrahan is in a role that can do maximum damage.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #11: May 01, 2009, 11:25:35 AM »
How the hell do ya pick just one ?

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #12: May 01, 2009, 11:27:01 AM »
Hanrahan. Cabrera can only lose us so many games. Hanrahan is in a role that can do maximum damage.

yup.  and crab has only lost two games (and could have two wins, bullpen blew it).  hanrahan, on the other hand, 8 earned runs in 9 innings.  what a douche.

Offline R-Zim#11

« Reply #13: May 01, 2009, 11:47:33 AM »
yup.  and crab has only lost two games (and could have two wins, bullpen blew it).  hanrahan, on the other hand, 8 earned runs in 9 innings.  what a douche.

Hammonds your sig scores high on the unintentional comedy scale :)

Rivera has his own share of douchebaggery also...

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #14: May 01, 2009, 11:50:45 AM »
As for Cabrera being a bad pitcher, he hasnt really blown any games for us.

Look at Joel, Saul, Tavarez... crap Martis even blew one for us, with a grand slam, although he didnt pitch horrific consistently.

Offline balzig777

« Reply #15: May 01, 2009, 12:00:39 PM »

I agree, you can see how frightned he is, in sports whatever you are afraid of seems to happen, ie; "don't hit the ball to me" bam,bad hop bloody nose, "I don't want to give up a home run" crack, grand slam. To pitch in this situation one has to believe that they can't hit your stuff and then dont waste time trying to paint the edges,which often times lead to walks, then runs then loses. Man its real easy from this side isn't it?

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #16: May 01, 2009, 12:06:45 PM »
Hammonds your sig scores high on the unintentional comedy scale :)
why?  strasburg gives us hope, zimmermann has been nasty, balester is still young and has a chance to succeed, lannan has had a few good starts and a few bad ones ... i already said i'm going to replace cabrera soon, i've just been lazy.  and besides who am i going to replace him with?  martis - an owner of a 6.20 ERA?  olsen has been coming around recently, maybe him. 

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #17: May 01, 2009, 12:18:14 PM »
i added kip "i suck" wells

Offline R-Zim#11

« Reply #18: May 01, 2009, 12:36:01 PM »
why?  strasburg gives us hope, zimmermann has been nasty, balester is still young and has a chance to succeed, lannan has had a few good starts and a few bad ones ... i already said i'm going to replace cabrera soon, i've just been lazy.  and besides who am i going to replace him with?  martis - an owner of a 6.20 ERA?  olsen has been coming around recently, maybe him. 

The Armed&Ready just made me chuckle given how awful our relief pitching has been.
I think you should just go all out add: Hanrahan, Rivera, Wells, Mock, Tavarez... :)

Zimmermann looks great, Lannan is pretty solid, Olsen has pitched better. D-Crap still sucks. I'd love to see Balester called up...Strasburg is coming...but we still don't have a bullpen.

« Reply #19: May 01, 2009, 12:37:14 PM »
besides who am i going to replace him with? 

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #20: May 01, 2009, 12:40:10 PM »
Zimmermann looks great, Lannan is pretty solid, Olsen has pitched better. D-Crap still sucks. I'd love to see Balester called up...Strasburg is coming...but we still don't have a bullpen.

yeah i'm all for bally up here over crab.  stammen too, although he gave up 3 runs in 5 innings yesterday.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #21: May 01, 2009, 12:44:26 PM »
The Armed&Ready just made me chuckle given how awful our relief pitching has been.
I think you should just go all out add: Hanrahan, Rivera, Wells, Mock, Tavarez... :)

Hey by the way.... I was looking for you in the Capitals thread.  I figured you didn't see my post, so I'll put it here for your edification:

=     

Offline zoom

« Reply #22: May 01, 2009, 12:52:23 PM »
i know that Crab is a disaster waiting to happen, but so far he has been better than i anticipated. 

Not sure why Manny is getting all the grief for our pitching woes.   The shelves are barren and he really can't do anything but yell at people (i know he has no fire).  But talk about a horrible situation.  He has nothing to choose from.  Bowden screwed this franchise for years.  Unless you want to trade some value* for a true closer then we are stuck.

* By value i mean actually put something attractive out there.  (Destin Hood, Nick, Stamen and etc).

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #23: May 01, 2009, 01:03:49 PM »
Manny Acta.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #24: May 01, 2009, 01:10:02 PM »

Not sure why Manny is getting all the grief for our pitching woes.  

I just don't think he knows how to manage a bullpen and that has cost this team several games.  Took to long to figure out Joel was scared to death out there, something anyone watching could have seen after the first game, and as much as I love Julian you could not expect at his age for him to pitch perfect two days in a row, yesterday would have been the perfect time to throw Mock out there for the stop.  Julian can be an effective pitcher but you might have to give him a break every couple of days, rubber arms only last so long, especially a 30 (or 40??) something year old arm.