Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls Thread  (Read 62039 times)

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Re: Skyrim Thread
« Reply #275: November 24, 2011, 10:14:16 PM »
That's him! Racist bastard.  :lol:

I try to avoid doing business with him.

I'm an elf as well. The Nords are so racist. The shop owner in Whiterun said something about being busy in his store and that he ought to purchase one of my relatives to do the work. I think he's a Breton though, but I've heard other comments from Nords. The people in Falkreath were particularily nasty to me.

Some people may call these things junk.  Me, I call them treasures.

Trinkets.  Odds n' ends.  That sort of thing.

Scumbag Belethor.
(Image removed from quote.)

He gets all freaking pissy if you ask him about being a Breton in Skyrim.  He like yells at you.  freaking prick.

Sometimes I regret being an all powerful dunmer master of the magickal arts.  I feel like I'm discriminated against by the damned racist Nords.

I'm planning on being a Khajiit assassin my next playthrough.  I look forward to seeing how my treatment by various NPCs differs.  I'm a Redguard right now, but I haven't really noticed any hostility or Xenophobia.  Just the occasional "stay out of trouble, Redguard" by random city guards.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #276: November 24, 2011, 10:18:02 PM »
Yeah, try traveling with Lydia.  She goes charging in "SKYRIM IS FOR THE NORDS!!!!!!!!"

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #277: November 24, 2011, 10:37:44 PM »
Lydia died for me forever ago.

I think I was the last person on the planet to find a Dwemer cave. So awesome.

I think I'm going to up the difficulty all the way. It's still pretty easy even after I upped the difficulty one level.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #278: November 25, 2011, 12:15:57 AM »
Lydia died for me forever ago.

I think I was the last person on the planet to find a Dwemer cave. So awesome.

I think I'm going to up the difficulty all the way. It's still pretty easy even after I upped the difficulty one level.

What kind of style are you playing?  What areas have you explored?

Offline Nathan

« Reply #279: November 25, 2011, 01:53:09 AM »
I added you. I am Thom 2 0 2 on steam.

I don't see your request.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #280: November 25, 2011, 02:54:43 AM »
Khajiit beatdown! :lmao:

cave bear didn't stand a chance.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #281: November 25, 2011, 02:59:08 AM »
Anybody else got the slow time shout?  So cool.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #282: November 25, 2011, 04:26:49 AM »
I don't see your request.

Did it again. Will the second time be the charm?

Offline Nathan

« Reply #283: November 25, 2011, 06:06:56 AM »
Got it & accepted.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #284: November 25, 2011, 09:15:53 AM »

Is that anything like Max Payne's "bullet-time"?

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #285: November 25, 2011, 09:53:36 AM »

Don't you move slowly as well? I'm not sure how it's useful.

Offline eckseid

« Reply #286: November 25, 2011, 11:53:15 AM »
Finally got Skyrim last night. Going to dive into it in a few minutes.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #287: November 25, 2011, 01:45:28 PM »
haven't played Max Payne, and yes you move slower but not a ton, and everyone else stops completely.  Probably enough time for dodging and landing one good attack,  or sneak attacking.  Plus I've only got the first word - presumably it gets better with more words.

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #288: November 25, 2011, 02:16:57 PM »
Oh, that's sick. I'll have to try it out.

Bought my second house, this one in Windhelm.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #289: November 25, 2011, 02:26:03 PM »
I take it back, they don't completely stop, but it still seems to me that you aren't being slowed down as much as them.  Hopefully the effect improves on both ends with the 2nd and 3rd word added.  Either way, it's a cool looking shout.

That said, I'll probably still keep Unrelenting Force as my primary...  launching people across the room is just too funny :lol:

Offline The Chief

« Reply #290: November 25, 2011, 02:54:08 PM »
Just found a staff of paralysis :twisted:

Offline eckseid

« Reply #291: November 25, 2011, 03:37:49 PM »
I can already tell this game is not going to be good for my health. About an hour and a half has been put in and I just got to whiterun and I still haven't done what I need to do. Ya... any social life I had is probably going bye bye. :P

Offline The Chief

« Reply #292: November 25, 2011, 03:41:41 PM »
I can already tell this game is not going to be good for my health. About an hour and a half has been put in and I just got to whiterun and I still haven't done what I need to do. Ya... any social life I had is probably going bye bye. :P

85 hours in two weeks

:couch:

Offline Nathan

« Reply #293: November 25, 2011, 04:36:54 PM »
85 hours in two weeks

:couch:

Seriously dude, how much later did you play after I logged at 6 am?  And you were back on by 2:30?  Or did you just not sleep at all :shock:

Offline Nathan

« Reply #294: November 25, 2011, 07:06:52 PM »
Today I will share with you a Skyrim story from last night.

So I'm on my way to do a quest for the mage college, and first get distracted collecting crap.  Like this beehive I found.  Catchin' dem bees...

I also come across some revelers.  One of them asks me to have a bottle of mead with him.  I reply "why have one bottle when we could have two bottles!"  He was like freak yeah dude, here, have this awesome amulet! 

About this time, as I pass a kahjiit caravan, I hear some noise.... dragon circling in the distance!  Lets do this!

As I start fighting this guy, I notice my trusty companion Lydia is nowhere to be found.  What the hell, she is sworn to carry my burdens, where'd she go!?  But it's ok, I finish off the dragon without too much trouble.  It's about this time I noticed where Lydia is.  She has apparently decided that this fleeing wolf is a bigger threat than the gigantic creature from legend, and is running around after it like a madwoman with bow drawn and shouting some racist crap about Skyrim is for the Nords even though she's my house carl and I'm a Dunmer.

But the best part is, this crazy nag has chased the wolf into a mammoth herd with their giant shepards.  So they get all pissed off and race towards me.  Out of magicka potions and with very little magicka left, I fought valiantly but alas, I got launched into orbit by a mighty giant clubbing.  Good freaking job, Lydia :?

So, I reload, catch dem bees again, but unfortunately the revelers are gone, so no amulet.  Damn you Lydia!  The dragon is still there, so we go for round two.  This time, it's harder than before.  I'm out of potions and have a tiny sliver of magicka left. 

Looks like this is going to be another fail, but the dragon is SO CLOSE to being dead.  At this point, Lydia, the crazy nag, JUMPS ON THE freakING DRAGON'S HEAD AND STARTS WAILING IT'S freakING BRAINS OUT!!!

DAYUM, LYDIA!  YOU SCARRY!

After absorbing the slain dragon's soul and finding the nearby word wall, Lydia and I decide to stop and admire the scenery before continuing.

The end.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #295: November 25, 2011, 07:17:03 PM »
Finally bought the game. Downloading now. I suspect if I am not out of the house by the time it finishes, I am not going out tonight. :mg:

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #296: November 25, 2011, 07:46:20 PM »
Just found a staff of paralysis :twisted:

Love that thing!!!!!  :lol:

Offline eckseid

« Reply #297: November 25, 2011, 08:14:39 PM »
So ya, been playing for awhile now and I still haven't done the main quest. Only done 1 side quest. Got side tracked by some bandits.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #298: November 25, 2011, 08:17:04 PM »
Yeah I've only done enough of the main quest to get some shouts.  Full FUS RO DAH ftw.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #299: November 25, 2011, 08:33:45 PM »
Yeah I've only done enough of the main quest to get some shouts.  Full FUS RO DAH ftw.

Yep, same here.  I thought I'd completed the Mage's College main quests, but now I've found that there are some followup quests, so I'm not sure if I was really "finished".  Regardless, they're quite fun.  Hope the other factions have such engaging storylines.