Author Topic: Off-season Hobbies  (Read 4378 times)

Off-season Hobbies
« Topic Start: September 26, 2006, 04:44:28 PM »
Well boys and girls, it's nearing that dark, cold, depressing time again.  The off season.  No Nats baseball.  What do you do during the off season hobby/activity wise?

For me, I shoot pool, deer hunt, do tons of reading and writing, and try my best to catch a Caps game or two.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Off-season Hobbies
« Reply #1: September 26, 2006, 05:18:55 PM »
I work hard to improve the forum.  I give it my all for the members who make this forum what it is! ;)

:P

Off-season Hobbies
« Reply #2: September 26, 2006, 05:27:50 PM »
Quote from: "The Chief"
I work hard to improve the forum.  I give it my all for the members who make this forum what it is! ;)

:P

Cease and desist your brown nosing to the rabble that feeds you!  :wink:  :lol:

Just kidding.  Thank you for the service you provide.

Offline ColtonWillems

• "You have no integrity"
Off-season Hobbies
« Reply #3: September 26, 2006, 05:58:23 PM »
This actually the time my life kicks into full gear (sorry boys, #1 team in my heart is the New York Rangers) I love hockey, and I'm glad its starting, but I'm very unhappy that nats baseball is ending.

Offline The Chief

Off-season Hobbies
« Reply #4: September 26, 2006, 06:43:39 PM »
You guys won't believe the improvements I've got in store for next season ;)

Offline UMDNats

Off-season Hobbies
« Reply #5: September 26, 2006, 07:01:33 PM »
Caps.
Steelers
School.

Offline ColtonWillems

• "You have no integrity"
Off-season Hobbies
« Reply #6: September 26, 2006, 07:13:18 PM »

Ahh, I'm pretty sure I won't be around for much of next season cuz I'll have a car by then, and well, yeah

Offline The Chief

Off-season Hobbies
« Reply #7: September 26, 2006, 07:22:38 PM »
Take it from me, having a car is not all it's cracked up to be.

Offline Dave B

Off-season Hobbies
« Reply #8: September 26, 2006, 07:39:14 PM »
luckily for my favorite team and sport is whatever season it is.  

the jets look like they'll be ok. they play such an easy schedule, that if they are an average team they can go 10-6.  remaining games:

IND  L
JAX  L
HOU  W

GB  W
CHI  W?
DET W
MIN W?

CLE W
OAK W

BUF W
MIA 2X  WW
NE L

hopefully the caps improve.

Offline NatsAddict

Off-season Hobbies
« Reply #9: September 26, 2006, 09:27:44 PM »
I'm going to do what I do every offseason down here:

1.  Golf

2.  Play bumper cars with all the d*mned old farts that come down from NY.

If my luck holds out, I can drop hunting for new a roof, doors, windows and haggling with insurance adjusters, etc. off my list.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Off-season Hobbies
« Reply #10: September 26, 2006, 10:04:58 PM »
Ahhh, usually just be depressed that it's -10 for five months up here :( while all you lucky bastards get to play golf.

Well Chief, if you need me, I'm pretty good at web design, in fact I used to make a part-time job of it.

Nats Bruin

Off-season Hobbies
« Reply #11: September 27, 2006, 06:52:41 AM »
Finalize arrangements for Ft Myers (Sox spring training)

College Basketball

College/NHL Hocky

Before you know it....Pitchers & Catchers!!!

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
Off-season Hobbies
« Reply #12: September 27, 2006, 08:33:04 AM »
Baseball is in its final week of regular-season play...but when one is a season-ticket holder at all six area pro sports clubs, it's not the end of the matchnights. Redskins season is on, DC United is heading for the playoffs, Capitals season starts next week, Wizards are starting in a bit over a month...and those last two will carry over into the start of the new baseball season.

The seasons change but the matchnights never end!

(And it'll be good that the Nationals, now freed of their ward-of-MLB status, will be able to participate fully in the hot stove league this off-season.)

...and for a bit of variety, the tourist trail...three weeks in London (per annual practice) this coming December.

Offline Vladman1327

Off-season Hobbies
« Reply #13: September 30, 2006, 01:53:15 PM »
Quote from: "Nats19"
Caps.
Steelers
School.

I'm a Canadiens fan, but otherwise, I agree.  :)

Offline expos96

Off-season Hobbies
« Reply #14: September 30, 2006, 04:46:03 PM »
Soccer and volleybal (I play competition, not professional or so).  Both have just started and will go until May.

Offline Vladman1327

Off-season Hobbies
« Reply #15: September 30, 2006, 06:45:45 PM »
Quote from: "Dave B"
luckily for my favorite team and sport is whatever season it is.  

the jets look like they'll be ok. they play such an easy schedule, that if they are an average team they can go 10-6.  remaining games:

IND  L
JAX  L
HOU  W

GB  W
CHI  W?
DET W
MIN W?

CLE W
OAK W

BUF W
MIA 2X  WW
NE L

hopefully the caps improve.

Hah.  No way the Jets beat the Bears.  And probably not Minnesota either.  Miami will be tough.  Otherwise, I agree. :)

nospinzone1

Off-season Hobbies
« Reply #16: September 30, 2006, 07:38:18 PM »

HOPE YOU CAN FIND OUT WHERE I CAN FIND A CARDINALS CAR WINDOW FLAG....THEIR SITE DON'T EVEN HAVE IT.

Offline Dave B

Off-season Hobbies
« Reply #17: September 30, 2006, 11:18:00 PM »
Quote from: "nospinzone1"

HOPE YOU CAN FIND OUT WHERE I CAN FIND A CARDINALS CAR WINDOW FLAG....THEIR SITE DON'T EVEN HAVE IT.

http://cgi.ebay.com/St-Louis-Cardinals-Official-MLB-Car-Flag_W0QQitemZ190034126597QQihZ009QQcategoryZ25152QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/St-Louis-Cardinals-Car-Flag-by-Wincraft-11-75-x14-5_W0QQitemZ160022861869QQihZ006QQcategoryZ25152QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

nospinzone1

Off-season Hobbies
« Reply #18: September 30, 2006, 11:49:14 PM »
Quote from: "Dave B"

http://cgi.ebay.com/St-Louis-Cardinals-Official-MLB-Car-Flag_W0QQitemZ190034126597QQihZ009QQcategoryZ25152QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/St-Louis-Cardinals-Car-Flag-by-Wincraft-11-75-x14-5_W0QQitemZ160022861869QQihZ006QQcategoryZ25152QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

thanks a lot. Boy, are those shipping charges outrageous!

nospinzone1

Off-season Hobbies
« Reply #19: September 30, 2006, 11:51:22 PM »
I DONT HAVE HOBBIES. MAYBE THE COMPUTER IS A HOBBY BUT IT IS A DISTRACTION....MY HOBBIES FOR THE OFF SEASON ARE: THE REDSKINS, THE CAPITALS, THE WIZARDS, THE MYSTICS, MARYLAND FOOTBALL AND BASKETBALL; NOTRE DAME (WHAT IS A NICE HEBLEW KID DOING ROOTING FOR ND?) AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST SLIPPERY ROCK U FOOTBALL.

Offline kimnat

Off-season Hobbies
« Reply #20: October 08, 2006, 01:06:46 AM »
Since I have 3 munchkins and I'm a mommy, my off season will surround seasonal things, maybe hitting the pumpkin patch.  Cox's Farm is awesome for the little ones, but may not be a great idea this year.  Then we head for Thanksgiving and have pre-school programs and getting ready for the big dinner and make sure the kids know the facts about the origins of the day.  Then we get ready for Andrew's last chemo in early Dec., I hope, so we can focus on Christmas, the reason we celebrate and the fun parts too.  We go to a tree farm and cut our own tree, making a whole day of it.  Tons of fun!  Then in the New Year, sometime - maybe in early Spring - go to Disney World.  Since Andrew technically has a life threatening illness (if untreated) he's award with a Make-A-Wish.  So, Disney here we come!  Then that gets us back to March and ST!

Thomas

Off-season Hobbies
« Reply #21: October 08, 2006, 02:16:09 PM »
Well, I'm back into watching the NFL (Go, Stillers!), some NHL, some computer/video games; I may get back in to my Zen practice and martial arts too, and maybe some other exercise.

We'll see. ;-)

nospinzone1

Off-season Hobbies
« Reply #22: October 08, 2006, 07:42:54 PM »
Quote from: "Thomas"
Well, I'm back into watching the NFL (Go, Stillers!), some NHL, some computer/video games; I may get back in to my Zen practice and martial arts too, and maybe some other exercise.

We'll see. ;-)

stillers?????

Off-season Hobbies
« Reply #23: October 08, 2006, 10:42:25 PM »

We'll see. ;-)

stillers?????

Must be some moonshine expansion team from West Virginia.  :P

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
Off-season Hobbies
« Reply #24: October 08, 2006, 10:45:11 PM »
Quote from: "Nat of the LivingDead"

We'll see. ;-)
stillers?????
Must be some moonshine expansion team from West Virginia.  :P
Did I hear someone mention something about the #4 ranked West Virginia Mountaineers?   :D