Author Topic: Nationals @ Phillies, Game 3  (Read 23946 times)

Offline DPMOmaha

Re: Nationals @ Phillies, Game 3
« Reply #425: April 30, 2009, 09:27:27 AM »
Great win tonight, we needed it.  Olsen had a very good outing as well, he is fine as long as he has his command.  I am having a tough time convincing my girl that the Nats actually suck (and no just stating the record isn't enough for her apparently) because she watched the game with me tonight and was at the game with me for Zimmermann's first start.  I guess I'm going to have to get her to watch more games with me, because she apparently brings some good fortune (she will be with me at the game tomorrow).

I figured 360 would be better off in the 8 hole with less pressure on him and boy am I glad to have the gUZI back.  I wish Willingham would get everyday at-bats, because it is worthless to have him only in there every third game.   It does no good for him or Kearns.  Manny just needs to pick one to start and stay with it, even if that someone is Kearns :shock:.  Zimmerman is off to an excellent start and could be in for a career season, the kid is just raking.  And holla for Tavarez who pitched well as the closer.  He went after batters and showed the mentality of a closer out there, unlike some of these other twirps we have been parading out there.  Wasn't Beimel supposed to be back today, we will be much better off once we get him back in the pen.
Maybe she should watch games more often.